Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BS that Tajh is released before seeing preseason snaps
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

BS that Tajh is released before seeing preseason snaps

Aug 18, 2015, 9:47 AM

While I obviously don't know how he did in camp, there are most definitely the players that shine in-game, despite poor practice habits. Feel they should have at least given him a chance to show that. I think they missed out on an opportunity to develop a great QB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were you expecting him to suddenly go on some sort of

Aug 18, 2015, 10:11 AM

Tom Brady trajectory?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were you expecting him to suddenly go on some sort of

Aug 18, 2015, 10:18 AM

Not at all. I understand why he got cut and not suggesting he could just up and start for half the teams in the league. I'm just not a fan of the narrow-minded standard the NFL holds quarterbacks to. It seems they only cater to one stereotypical type of quarterback and are unwilling to take the time to develop them anymore. We saw from his time at Clemson that Tajh can flat out play, he just needs that chance to develop at the next level and I think he could, if nothing else, be a quality back up.

Good we are making progress. Have gone from

Aug 18, 2015, 10:31 AM

great to quality backup. Here is the thing. There are probably only 20-25 guys that can really play QB in the NFL. The NFL is stereotypical in their types of QBs because within one or two standard deviations of that steorytype wins Super Bowls. Also, NFL teams aren't really in the business of developing backups. They hardly take time to develop starters.

Boyd was a tremendous college QB. Every year you see tremendous college quarter backs. What they do doesn't always translate into the NFL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never conceded that he couldn't be a great QB

Aug 18, 2015, 10:45 AM

I only admitted the reality that he may never make it past being a back up as is true with absolutely every player ever drafted and that you can't predict their future whether they go in the first round or are undrafted. I still believe in his potential. It's circular reasoning to say only the stereotypical quarterbacks win super bowls and succeed when the league is unwilling to develop the non-stereotypical qb's or adjust their offensive style to suit them because then of course only the stereotypical quarterbacks will succeed. Again, I'm not saying Tajh is a guaranteed success, I would just like to see him get a decent shot somewhere.

He got a lot of decent shots

Aug 18, 2015, 12:34 PM

He got one with the Jets, one with the Steelers, and got one when he worked out in front of probably every single NFL team.

I'm pretty sure NFL teams want the best players they can get. All 32 teams are of the professional opinion that TB isn't one of them at this point.

Maybe everybody thought that Boyd would do what

Aug 18, 2015, 12:42 PM

Whitehurst has done. Now. If I had to pick a guy to go win Clemson 1 game it would be Boyd. (Unless that team is USC) However, that doesn't mean his skill set translates into what makes a guy a viable back up QB in the NFL. I imagine part of Charlie's staying power is the ability to run scout team at a decent level.

So, former Clemson players should be given precedence

Aug 18, 2015, 10:49 AM

over everyone else? Got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, former Clemson players should be given precedence

Aug 18, 2015, 10:53 AM

When did i say that? Call it bias if you want, I'm not saying he should automatically be given a roster spot, just that I thought he was good enough to deserve more of a chance than he got.

You thought so, but nobody the Steelers pay

Aug 18, 2015, 12:34 PM

to think so thought so. When you get paid to think so, your thinking so will carry more weight.

Re: BS that Tajh is released before seeing preseason snaps

Aug 18, 2015, 11:29 AM

I think it's bs too.in my opinion some people are practice warriors and some are gameday warriors. How can anyone make a decision on him without seeing what he does with the big lights on. What makes great players is how they perform under pressure not during prep time. Practice is practice. Practice is where you are supposed to make your mistakes and watch film and practice more to correct them. Never like the steelers ans this just confirms it.

I think it's bs too.in my opinion some people are practice warriors and some are gameday warriors. How can anyone make a decision on him without seeing what he does with the big lights on. What makes great players is how they perform under pressure not during prep time. Practice is practice. Practice is where you are supposed to make your mistakes and watch film and practice more to correct them. Never like the steelers ans this just confirms it.

Aug 18, 2015, 12:20 PM

Posting it 4x doesn't make it true though...

The biggest issue is that Tajh has shown very little in camps with two different teams. He has been wildly inaccurate while struggling with his footwork and mechanics taking snaps from under center. In addition, he's shown an inability to read NFL defenses.

Just giving you a hard time, by the way. My phone does that all the time and I end up double- or triple-posting.

Aug 18, 2015, 1:58 PM

Lol my bad on the posting 4 times.i clicked post reply and it didn't do anything.so hit it a few more times then it finally went through. Guess it was going through all those times.sorry about that. Just think that's what preseason is for.you let everyone play then make decisions on them. Not say he doesn't practice well the he must suck.

Aug 18, 2015, 12:12 PM

I agree with you. .seems like they didn't even give him any chance. I haven't seen any of their practices, but I've seen their last 2 games and sure seen enough of Landry Jones to know that he sure didn't look good so why not at least give tajh a chance in a game. Don't see how he could've done any worse

The Steelers cut a QB years ago that....

Aug 18, 2015, 12:23 PM

they didn't see having much of a future. His name was Johnny Unitas.

Aug 18, 2015, 12:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 18, 2015, 12:42 PM

Even tajh knows and I agree with him. They could've at least put him in a game

They did him a favor just letting him show up, they did him

Aug 18, 2015, 12:43 PM

another favor by keeping him off the field

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive