Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers preparing for Cardinals and Lamar "Action" Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers preparing for Cardinals and Lamar "Action" Jackson

Sep 25, 2016, 1:01 PM

Tigers preparing for Cardinals and Lamar "Action" Jackson

Clemson’s defensive players returned home following Thursday’s win over Georgia Tech, and many immediately began watching film of Louisville, hoping to get a head start on the clash with Action Jackson. Photo by Jamie Rhodes / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

t-NETTER wrote that the extra 18 lbs on DW4 has slowed him

Sep 25, 2016, 1:05 PM

down. What do you think?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: t-NETTER wrote that the extra 18 lbs on DW4 has slowed him

Sep 25, 2016, 1:24 PM

He says he's faster and quicker than before. I don't know, but I guess he knows his 40 yd times. I think the difference in DW4's performance this year is his trying to establish himself as more of a pocket passer, because some say that's what he needs to be to be a great NFL QB. I think that is unnatural for him and has affected his performance and the team's. I hope he plays to his strengths this week and gets back to the old DW4. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2016, 1:49 PM

I'm gonna I think what's affected him the most is the same thing affecting Gallman, and that's the lackluster play up front, particularly run blocking. There's been very little room to run inside the tackles through 4 games. Even when he's throwing, the protection hasn't been what it was last season.

Maybe some of that and the fact that we haven't seen

Sep 25, 2016, 2:03 PM

a whole lot of designed runs/reads for him? That seemed to be the case last year. Used him more running in big games. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Re: Maybe some of that and the fact that we haven't seen

Sep 25, 2016, 2:11 PM

We miss Eric MacLain and Joe Gore!

Sep 25, 2016, 2:40 PM

Four and OH....nuff said

Sep 25, 2016, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe some of that and the fact that we haven't seen ]

Yep, Eric Maclain's leadership is missing. But that's not the whole OL problem....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2016, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: t-NETTER wrote that the extra 18 lbs on DW4 has slowed him ]

I left that off, and it is huge! The OL, I thought, would be a real strength, and I posted that many times. I have been sorely disappointed in our OL, or either the defenses we have played have been much tougher than expected. Anyway, we are 4-0 and at home against our toughest opponent to date. We can earn a lot of love and respect as a program this week if we go out and take care of business from start to finish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to t-NETTER wrote that the extra 18 lbs on DW4 has slowed him ]

Maybe...but this reminds me a lot of last year except the offense and defense are like two games ahead in '16. For example, the Troy game in 2016 is the same play in the Thursday night Louisville game in 2015. Lots of ho-hum base offensive play calling...which is what we saw in the second half verses GT Thursday night.

The best thing that could have happened this past week is to win with base offense all in the second half. Clemson now had 9 days to prep for Louisville.

I am not too concern with Clemson. Louisville will be playing as the team that has a lot to lose come Saturday at 8 pm. Plus, if you watched the best team Louisville has played, their defense wasn't no way near as disciplined as Clemson (FSU). Jackson may be in for a long LONG night...

Sep 25, 2016, 5:02 PM

Troy reminded me a lot of last year's the South Carolina game: A lot of pressure on us against an underdog who had nothing to lose. Eventually, the offense got going and did what it needed to do.

I'm not worried about the defense. Two of Troy's TDs were on the coaching staff: The first was putting too much beef (and no speed) on the field on that 4th and 1 and the last was from going to prevent too early. The other TD we gave them with penalties.

Yes, I think Troy might make some noise in the Sun Belt. They ain't SC State (or last year's SCar, for that matter).

Auburn was almost an exact rerun of last year's Louisville game, right down to the final hail mary.

Auburn and Georgia Tech both have good defenses. These are not the teams you are going to run up the score against.

On offense, Clemson took their foot off the gas in the second half against GT. They did that a couple years ago against a terrible GA State team too. The game was never in doubt in the second half.

Bottom line: We're 4-0 and the defense is playing really well. I'll take that.

Sep 25, 2016, 4:42 PM [ in reply to t-NETTER wrote that the extra 18 lbs on DW4 has slowed him ]

I do not think 18 pounds of muscle has done anything to hurt or slow DW4 down. But I'm sure there will be times it saves him from injury. I'm not saying that Elliott and Scott are bad OC's bc they sure done a good job for us last year in getting us all the way to the NC game and only losing by 5 to the best team for the past 6-8 year in the country. I do think that a lot of DW4's woes has been directly from play calling. It has to be that they are trying to hide something, or they have lost last years play book!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe...

Sep 25, 2016, 6:03 PM [ in reply to t-NETTER wrote that the extra 18 lbs on DW4 has slowed him ]

his 18 LBS slowed down the ENTIRE offense.

;)

DW4!

Sep 25, 2016, 6:26 PM

The problem with him is he's constantly looking for the OMG play instead of just moving the chains. Everyone knows that you have 3secs to launch the ball after snap, but he's holding it and making the o line look worse that they are. I've watched every game this year very closely and I seen him dismiss open guys alot only to try to make the highlight big play. PLUS! His footwork is getting sloppier by the game. It looks like he's having happy feet and keep throwing off the wrong foot. Every person who watches football can see his talent. But his problem now is between the ears, he's loosing confidence in his ability. But im optimistic that he will get back to the standard. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I thought the OP (Nikki Hood) was writing about

Sep 26, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to t-NETTER wrote that the extra 18 lbs on DW4 has slowed him ]

how to defend against Jackson. Are you suggesting that we somehow add 18 lbs to Jackson this week? That should slow him down. Most of this post has been hijacked to discuss the perceived faults of our offense.

Tigers have been bored until now...

Sep 25, 2016, 6:26 PM

looey ville will get smacked in the mouth Saturday night

Volleyball team & Timms Harley Davidson

Sep 25, 2016, 6:29 PM

Need to be ready to meet looey ville at their hotel

Re: As much as i hate to say it...

Sep 25, 2016, 7:43 PM

... keys to the game will start and end with the Tigers offensive line. In between this will be to "spy" Jackson. Pressure on Jackson. Defensive ends "square in" on him. When you have chance for a solid hit then pop him till he sees stars. I just don't think he can take a hard hit. Like everyone knows, make him try to beat you with his arm. Now, back to the offense. Ball control, protection, time to open all the playbook, don't miss scoring opportunities. Like I said it will start and end with the offensive line. Question will be, are they ready to " man up"?

Re: As much as i hate to say it...

Sep 25, 2016, 8:06 PM

Sometimes I wonder who these people pull for. DW4 needs to step up and play was he has in the past. MightNeed Renfrow on the field.

BOOM, nutshell

Sep 25, 2016, 8:07 PM

Jackson has a faster 40 time bit does not have the horses around him and is not the passer Watson is.

Also, @ Death Valley.

You're welcome!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BOOM, nutshell

Sep 26, 2016, 10:20 AM

And Austin Bryant will be back! yay! lol
We'll take all the help we can get...

If anyone can stop "Action" Jackson

Sep 26, 2016, 2:41 PM

Itll be our D. I dont think there is a D that is playing better right now. We will shut him down (as much as one can) . Itll be a great game but we all know that DW4 plays better with a tougher opponent. Go Tigers! ! !

42-38 Clemson

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic