Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers

Sep 13, 2020, 7:38 PM

Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said that last year's No. 1 recruiting class is living up to its billing. More notes from the Tigers head coach Sunday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers

Sep 13, 2020, 7:42 PM

We will support them except for BLM. That has to go! Let’s stay positive and leave the Marxist insurrection out of Clemson.

Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers

Sep 13, 2020, 8:07 PM

It’s their helmet. We are the spectators. If you don’t like it then you shouldn’t watch. BLM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 8:39 PM

It’s not “their” helmet. It’s Clemson’s helmet. It represents Clemson and all of us who love Clemson. It used to be one thing that united us as Clemson nation. Now, the 2020 team has personalized the helmet with a highly divisive sticker. Congrats, it’s working. Clemson nation is as divided as the United States.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 9:49 PM

You, TigerNtheSky, are one who seems to want to major in division. Work it from a different angle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Start with the following:

Sep 13, 2020, 11:19 PM

They are supporting a "movement" not a very specific (questionable) group when they have BLM sticker.

It's not that hard to figure that out.

Anything discussion to the contrary is a distraction from the true message.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BLM and systematic racism is A LIE!

Sep 14, 2020, 6:09 PM

Those who side with "the movement" are doing so without doing their research... BLM takes the side of criminals who disobey our law and law enforcement. EVERYONE who takes the side of BLM should have to proclaim that they believe the police are racist and that they stand against them! That would be a more honest explanation of their stand. It is A LIE!

I agree completely. No one should argue that black lives

Sep 16, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Agreed. Start with the following: ]

matter. All lives matter!! It saddens me that we even have a debate over this issue. We should show love and respect to everyone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Then by all means wear a big sticker unless they're cowards.

Sep 13, 2020, 8:44 PM

What Dabo is saying I don't control the team..it controls me

Sep 13, 2020, 9:58 PM

Seems like guts are in short supply when it comes to resisting a group that hates America, cops, white people in general and probably football as well. Guess all that guts talk was for only when it was convenient.

Sep 14, 2020, 9:29 AM

Seems like guts are in short supply when it comes to resisting a group that hates America, cops, white people in general and probably football as well. Guess all that guts talk was for only when it was convenient.

LOL. Right. They have no guts yet they stand for what they believe in despite the fact that its unpopular in the very state that they play in with a conservative fanbase that's largely against it. No guts at all. I guess to show true guts they should pander to all the old white men who have all the money, power, and influence. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:38 PM

Nice try! Actually what they believe in is a lie. BLM is a Marxist racist anti-family anti-American organization. That is a fact! Get on YouTube and watch some independent journalist watch a lot of Black people and a lot of liberals that are calling out BLM and ANTIFA. These kids are brainwashed by the mainstream media and by social media.

Pew did a poll And in-depth research on Twitter. 90% of all tweets are by 2% of the population and that 2% is overwhelmingly female and liberal. Yet Twitter has major corporations and politicians bending the knee and shaking in their boots when we know for a fact that if you ignore Twitter within 48 hours they’re off on some other crazy tangent!

If the founding fathers could see what the media has become today the media would not have been protected under the first amendment. Over 90% of all people in the media are Democrats/liberals and they are no longer objective which is what they are supposed to be. Journalist and scientist are by definition supposed to be skeptical and question everything. Today they are the exact opposite.

Jenny instead of whining like a triggered

Sep 14, 2020, 4:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Snowflake, walk away. Stop supportjng communism lol. Delete your account and stop watching. That, or ####.

Sep 13, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Don’t let people like Orange Coast, that are not alumni, likely not IPTAY, or anything beyond an internet lurker & tube fan upset you. The ones that have the least invested are the ones spouting off at major donors to hit the door. I’ll be writing a formal letter to IPTAY & DRAD, & encourage everyone to do the same. Be positive! Our players’ hearts are in the right place. They need our help & support to see the evil of BLM. We need brave leaders to speak the truth vs pandering. Stay united and make a difference.

As I stated before maybe if they wouldn’t have

Sep 13, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Resisted arrest, they’d still be alive.... better yet not high on Drugssss example ole George Floyd....

Where’s the fall out for the Greenville Sheriffs office killing a white guy in July?

Bet if his A S S would have been black, it would have been a vigil done for him.

That a s s hole deserved what he got just like anyone that does that does. He’s white though and that’s why nothing is said for him.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I stated before maybe if they wouldn’t have

Sep 14, 2020, 2:34 AM

If you want to talk about Greenville, talk about this:

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/columbia/press-releases/2010/co042110.htm

Unfortunately, there are examples of bad people everywhere. However, the cops can and should be held to a higher standards. More (beginer) training, higher standards, deescalation training, mental evaluations. Further, they should get pay increases each training segment they go through to encourage progress.

There are lots of good cops, but there are too many power trip roided out meat heads just looking to use their badge a chance to hurt or kill. I know as my mom was a deputy for several years in Henrico county, Va. She was disgusted with how corrupt some of her fellow officers were, and how everyone on the staff knew, but looked the other way. Sadly, that is probably the rule, and not the exception in many places.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Resisted arrest, they’d still be alive.... better yet not high on Drugssss example ole George Floyd....

Where’s the fall out for the Greenville Sheriffs office killing a white guy in July?

Bet if his A S S would have been black, it would have been a vigil done for him.

That a s s hole deserved what he got just like anyone that does that does. He’s white though and that’s why nothing is said for him.....

Re: As I stated before maybe if they wouldn’t have

Sep 14, 2020, 6:49 AM

We get it, friend.

Sep 13, 2020, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

BLM shooting cops in Compton, CA. Ruining lives daily.
Taking up where the Klan left off In the tradition of Democrat Party Thugs, BLM=KKK ?? Marxist / Communist taking advantage of useful idiots everywhere. Support Law Enforcement! Play Football, graduate, make the USA a better place!

Sep 14, 2020, 12:59 PM

Useful Idiot. Well said. I couldn’t have described your post better myself.

Wel said OrangeCoast.... Go BLM***

Sep 14, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Sep 14, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

It’s their helmet. We are the spectators. If you don’t like it then you shouldn’t watch. BLM

Wondering how your comment is different than those who say if someone does not like the country they should leave? Our democracy requires open and honest discussion to survive so shutting down discussion when you don’t agree is not helpful

Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers***

Sep 14, 2020, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Sep 14, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

I don't like so I won't watch... rather play golf...not that anyone cares..can find other things to do with my time

Sep 13, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

yes it needs to go.

Sep 14, 2020, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

I do not support BLM (the organization). Right now their followers are standing outside of an emergency room in LA chanting "Die Cops" at the two officers who were brutally shot today without provocation. With that said, put your place in Dabo's shoes. Should he let the team be ripped apart from the inside out over a small sticker? A stance that could likely cost him his job? I trust him to teach and guide these young men and maybe some day they'll see what a lot of us see. As divided and polarized as this country is right now, it has to be a confusing time for these young men. What good can come from a stonewall stance? Love them, groom them, teach them. Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: icebucket®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignorance of the Truth can no longer be excused!

Sep 14, 2020, 6:25 PM

Problem is: We as Americans NEED to hold those including students accountable for standing a stand WITHOUT taking the time to learn about the movement they are supporting. Ignorance can no longer be tolerated in this climate of Marxism vs our Constitutional rights. Students or not... they should be smarter about what they are doing!

Sep 14, 2020, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

The country is changing for the better. Freedom ito choose is not always pretty, and a lot mistakes are being made, but real movement is being made toward justice and equality. This is one of the few positive outcomes of the current toxic political divisiveness. Sometimes you have to hit bottom before things can get better. Get better they will, and get better they must, because the current state of economic and social inequality is not sustainable and will otherwise lead to worse. As an old white man I can see that change is coming. I choose to embrace the positive aspects and proudly evolve. The alternative is to become extinct.

Sep 14, 2020, 9:37 AM

Well said, Class of 82. Your comment is spot-on.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

I’m sorry but you are factually incorrect. The country is changing but not for the better. Children in public schools at the kindergarten and elementary level are being taught Marxist anti-American ########. Cell phones and social media are turning children into nut jobs that are being further radicalized by the educational system and then they graduate and become part of the population. I dare you to google Brett Weinstein and Evergreen State College and tell me that is positive change. I dare you to get on YouTube and search Jonathan Haidt and see videos where he talks about his book the coddling of America. When you learn what is really going on you will realize this is not positive change. It’s going to destroy this country. America, despite all its faults, is in fact the best country that has ever been. Are we perfect? No. Because humans are not perfect. But America, democracy, capitalism, when not being corrupted are the most positive influence in world history and why people of color from all over the world die every day trying to reach America for the American dream. But our systems are being corrupted and that is the problem and it started a long time ago. Progressives, communist, these people play the long game and people have been overlooking it for 30 years because when people have spoken out they have been called conspiracy nuts and crazy but now it’s Hitting Main Street and can no longer be denied!

Sep 14, 2020, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Do they really want justice? Maybe they better think long and hard about that. They may just get what they want.

We are Not getting better... worse unless we speak the truth

Sep 14, 2020, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Justice and Equality??? We are moving AWAY from holding every person, white, black and brown, accountable to obey the same laws equally. This movement is to grant special privileges to the blacks to continue doing the majority of the crime in this country. THE ONLY WAY for us to come out better is to drop this nonsense of black entitlements because they are "oppressed"... Some blacks have said it better than a white person can... "There are two groups of black people... one are blacks who enjoy the privileges of this country and succeed and the other is the n****as... who have learned to only hate and blame the whites."

Re: We are Not getting better... worse unless we speak the truth

Sep 15, 2020, 9:22 AM

They want equality of outcomes not equality of opportunity. That’s the big difference.

Sep 13, 2020, 8:37 PM

Happy Days! I'm so thankful we didn't miss Trevor's and ETN's last year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 8:57 PM

Well said!!! Go Tigers!!

Sep 13, 2020, 9:11 PM

I believe when they have the BLM sticker, they are just trying to state "black lives matter." I bet most of them do not know of how bad/controversial the organization is; I wish it had a different name. "Black lives matter" is a phrase that is 100% accurate and necessary to state, unfortunately. But the BLM has endorsed violent riots, and that's something that many of us can't get behind. BUT, these young men have the right to choose what they support, and if they support that, then it is what it is. I just know that I support them.

Message was edited by: alum94®

Impressed with the nitpicking of helmet stickers?

Sep 13, 2020, 9:48 PM

Not me.

Little b, little l, little m is what the team is talking about. I support them. blm is an important phrase. BLM is a divisive label. So ignore it and go with the little blm.

I'm 70. All the white folks my age grew up singing "Red and Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in his sight." Now is the time to say, "Yes, Jesus. You are right. Love God, love your neighbor" and act on that ideal.

The micro focus many have and love about the points that divide most on the blm and BLM issue strike me a bit like Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists and Catholics debating which denomination has what God calls us to be and do EXACTLY right. I suspect that God is not impressed by such silliness and the pompousness righteousness of little people who fight a lot over small details so much we can't see or focus on the big picture.

Dabo has this right. Most of us would do well to spend more time looking for the common good than nitpicking the slight errors we are all so smart to always notice in the 'other guy.'

For give them God, for they know not what they do, said my Lord. He was right. We do not know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impressed with the nitpicking of helmet stickers?

Sep 13, 2020, 10:01 PM

BIG ORANGE inspired me. My boys and I have all written letters to iptay and the athletic dept letting them know how awesome it was to see all those stickers last night. Was the best part of an amazing night. So glad to have our tigers back on the field, so glad they are being warriors for justice and progress.

You're right Harley

Sep 13, 2020, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Impressed with the nitpicking of helmet stickers? ]

This too shall pass. And let's face it -- most grown-up alumni who are here for their shared love of football and most things Clemson could care less what unfledged sticker the young men put on their helmet - this "woke" generation's version of "love, peace and happiness" or "sex, drugs and rock n' roll" or "don't worry be happy". But it matters to the developing young minds who truly believe they are making a positive difference in the world. In their minds, there are only two choices: 1) not support BLM and be racist, or 2) support BLM (with obliviousness to the organization) and be accepted.

Let them have their youth and youthful conscientiousness in supporting a cause. They deserve the right to enjoy hearing their own voice even if it echoes the national media. And appreciate the many years of togetherness, comradery, and mutual respect that Clemson and Clemson Football has brought to blacks and whites, Democrats and Republicans, rich and poor, and people of most persuasions of life -- sports, jobs, the military, teamwork, friends, and God have brought decent people together for many years -- media-driven slogans on a helmet will not change that and will have little impact in comparison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're right Harley

Sep 14, 2020, 2:02 PM

Man I’m sorry but you are just so lost and so wrong. This is not the 60s. This is not peace and love and sex drugs and rock ‘n’ roll. These are fundamental shifts and whats happening to people in this country because of the Internet and cable news and the selling out by the entire main stream media to the far left and social media. These are cosmic shifts that are happening based on lies and propaganda.

People always said America could never become communist we could never have a revolution because our people Are too smart and too educated. I always knew that was BS. I knew that if the main stream media sold out we would be in trouble and we are. Add to that cable TV and the Internet and social media and what’s happening in the public schools and colleges and you’re talking about mass brainwashing on an epic level.

Google Brett Weinstein and Evergreen State College.

Google Jonathan Haidt

Google #WalkAway

Google the intellectual dark web

You have a mass exodus from the left by Democrats and academics that are fearful for their lives and their careers because of what’s happening right now and the main stream media is covering it up as are democratic mayors and governors they are all supporting this. Get on the Internet and educate yourself especially on YouTube.

You're wrong Harley!!!

Sep 14, 2020, 6:44 PM

100% AGREED

Sep 13, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Impressed with the nitpicking of helmet stickers? ]

AMEN!!!

Sep 14, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Impressed with the nitpicking of helmet stickers? ]

You clearly are not paying attention. You clearly do not understand what’s going on in Portland and Seattle and other parts of the country. BLM and antifa are killing innocent people and rioting in major cities across the country. Democratic mayors and governors and the main stream media are supporting this craziness and lying about watch really going on. The main stream media is not being honest. Get on YouTube and learn about Brett Weinstein and Evergreen State College and search for Jonathan Haidt as well as the intellectual dark web and start watching videos with some of the top progressives in America and some of the top academics and see what these people are saying while risking their lives in their careers! You and people like you are blind and ignorant to watch really happening right now.

Sep 14, 2020, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Impressed with the nitpicking of helmet stickers? ]

You are absolutely right

BLM sticker delete the clinched fist and I agree. of course

Sep 13, 2020, 9:59 PM

BLM

Re: BLM sticker delete the clinched fist and I agree. of course

Sep 13, 2020, 10:03 PM

BLM has been hijacked and being played like a puppet from the very radical fascist group ANTIFA. So, you almost have to judge the two as the same. Having that on the helmet is essentially advertising the overthrow of this government, which is what ANTIFA (and now BLM) represent. Very disappointed to see that!

Sep 13, 2020, 10:23 PM

treetiger said:

BLM has been hijacked and being played like a puppet from the very radical fascist group ANTIFA. So, you almost have to judge the two as the same. Having that on the helmet is essentially advertising the overthrow of this government, which is what ANTIFA (and now BLM) represent. Very disappointed to see that!

It sounds like you believe everything that FoxFakeNews, OAN, TheRump tell you.

Here's some reality. The leader of the Homeland Security Admin quit in disgust because the higher-ups in TheRump admin continually squelched her reports about the govt overthrow threats of the rightwing. (FYI, this woman was a born-again Christian that had always voted Republican and had voted for TheRump.)
So, wnen TheRump accused a 75-year old man in Buffalo (that was shoved to the ground by a jackboot cop) of being part of Antifa, EVERYBODY knew it was a BIG LIE.

TheRump is the personification of the old joke about how to tell when he is lying -- his mouth is open and his lips are moving.

The real threat to our democracy is TheRump, as he is beholden to Putin, and he wants to be a dictator for life. Fortunately, TheRump's mental and physical health are terrible and he won't last much longer.

Sep 13, 2020, 11:07 PM

That last paragraph is bs

Sep 14, 2020, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: BLM sticker delete the clinched fist and I agree. of course ]

Oh my god, what an idiot. Seriously, a real left wing brainwashed moron.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: BLM sticker delete the clinched fist and I agree. of course ]

You are factually incorrect. BLM was started as a Marxist anti-American organization. You can see one of the founders of BLM on YouTube admitting that her and one of the other cofounders are trained Marxist. In their mission statement because of the dissolution of the nuclear family which is why the black community is destroyed and devastated today. Black people are not being held back by racism. They’re being held back by things that they are doing to destroy their own community which started with liberal welfare and the nanny state. Nearly 75% of all black children are being raised by single mothers or grandmothers. That’s the biggest problem in the black community. Not racism. BLM and antifa are allies. BLM is every bit as bad as antifa. Worse in someways.

What about the "no justice no peace" sticker?

Sep 14, 2020, 3:22 AM [ in reply to BLM sticker delete the clinched fist and I agree. of course ]

Do what we say or we will riot and loot and get in your face and scream.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 11:10 PM

I am hoping most of the kids don't know the Marxist murders that are in BLM Inc.

Sep 14, 2020, 2:37 AM

All of us believe All lives Matter and the statement Black lives Matter, White lives matter and Purple lives Matter.

Most of us understand Black lives Matter organization is very political and involved in protests, riots etc. and we believe Clemson shouldn’t stand for them or Make America Great Again because we have people on both sides.

Let’s remember that these kids brains haven’t formed fully yet and they have all experienced different situations in their life that influenced them good and bad. Many of us had different values when we were their age, I wasn’t as mature as all of our players. The structure they have I could have done but I was looking how to get through class so I could go party & be with another girl etc. I wore T-shirts that said “where’s the beef” and “no muff to tuff”.

I smoked a little wacky weed and the last thing on my mind was politics. If their was pressure toward politics I wouldn’t have went against the grain with others but I did vote once I was 18 the way I thought was right.(not right or left)

We need to be patient with these kids, they are way ahead of where I was. I was blessed I retained classroom information and had enough drive to study when I had to but most of the time my little brain was leading me to the next girl or that’s what drove my decisions.

Dabo will lead these kids and challenge them to think for themselves knowing they will mature and start making wise political decisions later.

When your their age you think you know it all, can do it all and your invincible. We shouldn’t expect them to be there yet, we need to love them along the way.

Regardless of your beliefs I love you, It would be nice if we could all learn from this and keep politics on the politics and religion board. My Dad always said to me politics are best kept to yourself because love overcomes all. He was a minister so talking about Jesus was always ok, Dad you need to post on the politics & Religion board....lol

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 14, 2020, 3:17 AM

Of course with age and experience comes wisdom and knowledge.....but just how old do you think they are? 3rd grade
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

these kids brains haven’t formed fully yet

We need to be patient with these kids

Dabo will lead these kids and challenge them to think for themselves knowing they will mature

start making wise political decisions later

When your their age you think you know it all

We shouldn’t expect them to be there yet

I support our players with the helmet stickers like most Clemson fans...

Sep 14, 2020, 8:10 AM

Including the BLM sticker. Our players can express that b/c they represent the good guys who say BLM, which the “especially matter” as Dabo says. There are anarchists who use the BLM motto to hurt people & destroy things but they aren’t the ones who the stickers & the movement are for...we cannot let those anarchists and fools kidnap & sway public opinion about the good in recognizing a certain groups cry for equality & compassion. Bottom line is, Down with Anarchists & Love to Black folks (and all folks) who are living through a very tough period and only trying to bring about POSITIVE change during a negative time! Also, don’t act like u know better b/c u are not 17-21 yrs old and living through this time while trying to make sure your own race/religion have an equal voice and are equally treated at the table. The Clemson athletics program is only one of few that helps teach these young men & women how to create positive change and how to effectively & respectfully make sure their voices are heard.

Sep 14, 2020, 8:49 AM

It has been really amazing to see the reaction of people to a tiny sticker that even on a 75 inch TV was hard to see.

There is racial injustice in the country, and there always has been. The fact that these student-athletes are being ridiculed for standing up for a cause, for wanting equality, for wanting their race to be recognized as equal, for wishing that their voices be heard, proves just how much injustice and racism this country holds.

Black Lives Matter stickers are not anything to do with a "Marxist" movement or group... it's a statement, more adequately described, it is a plea for help, in stopping the systemic racism this country has been in the grips of for almost its entire history. I've heard people say to keep the politics out of sports and just play, but that's the problem, equality is not and will never be politics. It's a human right. This is a human rights issue, and to stand on any side of that issue that doesn't align with justice and equality for all is inherently a racist stance. Just my opinion. To pretend that racism isn't an issue, yet be able to peruse message boards and read the literal racist sentiments that fans have posted, or watch the graphic videos of police brutality, or racist brutality, or just look at our history as a country and it's efforts over hundreds of years to put laws in action to suppress the lives of African Americans, well, that does actually make you racist, even if just innocently ignorant to these facts. The facts are that people are pleading for equality and doing so from a position that as a white person, you could never understand.

You don't have to agree with looting and rioting, violence, etc to understand that Black Lives Matter. You wouldn't pay all that money for Clemson gear, tickets, travel, to watch a majority of black student-athletes play sports if they didn't matter. When you try to minimize their voice or dictate what feelings they are allowed to convey, that's called oppression, and that's literally why they feel the need to put stickers on their helmets calling for equality, and ending racism, and pleading for people to recognize the worth of an African American life as equal to that of white life.

I'm so proud of my university for standing up to racism and allowing the students' voices to be heard. I'm so proud to have the coach who has been praised for trying to raise great young men, continuing to do so, even in the face of criticism and backlash.

Thank you Clemson, and thank you Dabo, and thank you to all of the athletes who are actively trying to make the world a better place by continuing to open up the narrative about equality in this country.

Message was edited by: TigerJB3®

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Sep 14, 2020, 9:20 AM

I know you're going to get downvoted to hell for this post, as will I for this reply, but that was all very well said. It's sorta like all the people who kept saying they were only upset that the NFL players were disrespecting the flag by choosing a form of protest that involved kneeling. Then when NFL players decided to join arms and stand for what was called a moment of unity, the fans responded by booing them.

At least be honest, it's not 'disrespecting the flag' or 'BLM being a radical' group that upsets you, it's the message that upsets you. Interesting how many of the same people who'll post on here about how most of the world hates Clemson, and hates Dabo because of his religious beliefs are the same ones saying that blacks aren't treated any differently.

Sep 14, 2020, 9:26 AM

Here is a leader of BLM. He is pro America ????. People should watch his words. This gets really good. It surprised me. Its a Trump rally that works out well for both sides.

https://m.facebook.com/NowThisElection/videos/3996373183727475/?extid=2Mj35d3CoDKXtWAz&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tigernet.com%2Fforum%2Fthread%2FWhat-happens-when-BLM-demonstration-meets-Trump-rally-2013371&_rdr

Sep 14, 2020, 2:11 PM

I didn’t even watch that video because what you wrote is simply factually incorrect. There are three cofounders and leaders of BLM. All three are black women. Two of the three are trained Marxist. You can see one of them talking about it in an interview on YouTube. The mission statement includes the dissolution of the nuclear family. 75% of black children are born to single mothers. That is destroying the black community not racism. You are what Lenin called a useful idiot!

You Guys sound virtuous, but YOU BOTH are Wrong!

Sep 14, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Both of you guys are living in La La Land! What is bothering folks is that there are only two sides to this turmoil... Those who believe our country is systemic racist and the rest who feel everyone should be treated alike. NO MORE EXCUSES for breaking the law... for anyone!

Sep 14, 2020, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

True words Tiger JB3.

I agree 100%, people who complain and whine don't understand what's truly going on in our country. They are whipped up and full of the same Trump BS rage and lies that we've been hearing for the past 4 years. They are led by the nose to the kool-aid and believe everything he says like "Covid is less than the flu, by April it will just disappear".

BLM is not a hate agenda and look at the people doing the damage and disrespecting people, most are like me White middle aged men but see a long time problem that needs to change. It disturbs me seeing most of the negative posts with a racist tone.

All the comments about Mr. Floyd need to watch the entire video. Mr. Floyd was under arrest, handcuffed in a police car before the 4 additional officers arrived and drug him from the car and killed him in the street. Our young Clemson men and women are taking a stand for right not fight and we should stand proud with them. If you don't have something positive to say, please stay off the board and have your "meetings" over coffee. Otherwise you're just hurting our recruiting and causing our team to believe we don't support them.

I'm proud of all the student athletes for trying to change a major problem in our country. Quit being so negative, we are all here to support and read about our football team.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as to those who are".
Benjamin Franklin.

Sep 14, 2020, 2:14 PM

Actually you and the other liberals on here are the other people writing and posting what you’re writing and posting you are the ones that have been brainwashed. You are the ones that believe the ######## that the mainstream media is selling you. You are what Lenin called a useful idiot! You are factually incorrect about virtually everything you wrote. You are either willfully ignorant or you have been brainwashed.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Tiger JB3, you nailed it. Thanks for saying what needed to be said.

Sep 14, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

Tiger JB3, thank you for articulating so well what so many Clemson Tigers feel in their hearts. The stance that Tigers like you are taking on social justice reflects as well on Clemson University as our three National Championships. I have never been prouder to be a Clemson grad a Clemson Tiger.

Define "systemic racism" and give a concrete example

Sep 16, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Teleconference: Swinney brags on freshmen, comments on helmet stickers ]

I'll wait.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 11:59 AM

Sorry if this offends:

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Sep 14, 2020, 6:25 PM

I don’t get it.

Sep 14, 2020, 3:45 PM

As long as those stickers stay on I’m not watching

Sep 14, 2020, 3:45 PM

As long as those stickers stay on I’m not watching

Sep 14, 2020, 8:21 PM

A lot of yall need to stop watching cable news on both sides because all they care about is dividing us instead of bringing us together. Stop bickering over the small things and come up with a solution. Anyone who says COPS DIE COPS DIE are just as wrong as the cops who killed these men. I know that cops have a ridiculously hard job but it is not their job to be the judge, juror, and executioner. Are the people who the police killed criminals and deserved to be punished yes but that is up to the judge and jury. There are bad cops out there just like there are bad teachers and lawyers and buisness men. We have to just get past that they dont deserve our support. I hate what these cops have done because 95% of cops are great poeple who are just trying to do their job to the best of their knowledge.

I think all of you folks that are so triggered by the

Sep 14, 2020, 10:04 PM

stickers should go to practice and tell Dabo and the players how stupid they are, and that they are communists. Make sure that you let the recruits know too, that: "boy, if you can play ball, then come in here and play ball, but don't come in here and get so danged uppity"....

Dang, I thought that said fishermen............***

Sep 15, 2020, 10:01 AM

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic