Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Blossomgame declares for the NBA Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Blossomgame declares for the NBA Draft

Mar 16, 2016, 10:14 AM

Blossomgame declares for the NBA Draft

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh well........hate it for us but can't blame him!

Mar 16, 2016, 10:20 AM

Thanks for being a Tiger!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: oh well........hate it for us but can't blame him!

Mar 16, 2016, 10:25 AM

don't blame him either. I wish him the best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you mean, "Oh well" ?!?

Mar 16, 2016, 1:43 PM [ in reply to oh well........hate it for us but can't blame him! ]

He hasn't made a decision yet. He is doing what any talented player should do, which is get a no-risk evaluation from the experts as to where he stands for this year's draft. If he gets a good grade, he's leaving. And if he doesn't, he will stay. This is a very reasonable approach and one that should not be viewed as a negative.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

"Oh well" means that as a huge Tiger fan, I will

Mar 29, 2016, 8:55 AM

miss seeing him playing in orange. He is good enough to go pro. We all see that. I hope he succeeds greatly in the NBA. I was just hoping that he was a guy that wanted to have one more year of college life and play for us another year. Stop being so sensitive and analyzing every word that someone says. I thought we were mostly guys on here.

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

JB is decidedly not good enough to go pro...

Mar 29, 2016, 9:52 AM

certainly not yet at least.

one only has to see the impact that certain seniors had on teams like Providence, UNCheat, and Oklahoma to see this. people are simply too enamored with the idea of "early draft entry" treasonably assess these kids. it's BS hip-hop culture at it's worst.

go back to firing Brownell and leave the kids alone...

Re: BKB Update: Blossomgame declares for the NBA Draft

Mar 16, 2016, 10:25 AM

If he goes pro

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Suck Again?

Mar 16, 2016, 4:21 PM

When have we not sucked under your leader? We're re-defining what it means to suck...

Sucking is BC going 0-19 in the ACC. We went 10-9, which is

Mar 16, 2016, 10:38 PM

pretty medi.ocre, but not "sucking"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True.

Mar 29, 2016, 9:50 AM

The WBB team sucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 16, 2016, 10:28 AM

As expected. We'll see what happens after the combine.

I would be shocked if he came back at this point.***

Mar 16, 2016, 10:35 AM

Yep, right back to square one.

Mar 16, 2016, 10:34 AM

Certainly not surprising, but it does suck, and this probably seals Brownell's fate. I think we would be favored to make the tourney next year with JB coming back and the transfers eligible, but without him we are starting over again.

Mar 16, 2016, 10:35 AM

Brownell has a great basketball mind but, he just isn't the right fit for clemson. We should of fire him as soon as we got back from the acc tournament. Dropped the ball on Shaka Smart years ago, how could we not see the coaching talent in him? We need a basketball version of Dabo! Lol

Mar 16, 2016, 10:39 AM

How did we drop the ball on Shaka?

Mar 16, 2016, 11:00 AM

He was on our staff when OP was there

Mar 16, 2016, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Blossomgame declares for the NBA Draft ]

When OP was fired, Shaka had just completed his first season at VCU. Their team went 27-9 but missed out on the dance and the NIT. As a former Clemson assistant only a few years prior, his name was floated out there as someone who Clemson had interested in. I'm not sure if they would have wanted to go to another Purnell-like system (although in hindsight that system probably works best at a school like Clemson with a recruiting disadvantage in the ACC) but he wasn't seriously considered. VCU and Smart were never contacted by Clemson whatsoever and instead offered the job to Stansbury, who turned them down, and then Brownell. The next season, Smart's VCU team went to the final four, and his teams haven't missed the tournament since.

I guess the argument is, Clemson should've seen something in Smart similar to Dabo from his two years as an assistant here and then a successful season as a young HC. After his first season at VCU, he probably would've listened to an offer to coach in the ACC for a team coming off four straight NCAA appearances. Either way, it doesn't matter now because his stock has skyrocketed and he is now way to big to ever consider coaching at Clemson. Ironic part is he raised the program at VCU to the point that the other Clemson assistant who followed him there, Will Wade, probably wouldn't consider leaving for Clemson.

Mar 16, 2016, 11:07 AM

Op wasn't fired he left us for another job.

Mar 16, 2016, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Blossomgame declares for the NBA Draft ]

OP was not fired

Saw this coming

Mar 16, 2016, 11:29 AM

Nm.

null

I guess this means Grantham to power forward

Mar 16, 2016, 11:42 AM

The lineup will look like this until January when Thomas is eligible

PG- Holmes/Hudson
SG- Mitchell/Devoe
SF- Reed/Spencer
PF- Grantham /???
C- Djitte/ Thomas/Robertin

That's a decent lineup. Only problem is lack of depth at the 4 spot and rebounding will be a major issue. Brownie needs to sign another post player in April. Hope he's been looking for one.

Re: I guess this means Grantham to power forward

Mar 16, 2016, 11:50 AM

Guessing Thomas might develop into a combo C/PF and it would leave open two spots for late arrivals.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 16, 2016, 11:59 AM

From the video footage I seen on Thomas in high school, he didn't appear to move well enough to cover athletic power forwards. He's a back to the basket type of guy. I'm almost certain Texas A&M used him as a center before he left.

Mar 16, 2016, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess this means Grantham to power forward ]

Thomas is absolutely a PF. He lost about 25 pounds since coming to college. A&M completely transformed his body. You could see it at games this year. He'll be the starting 4.

Just have to figure out a way to last until January, and it's gonna be hard. Grantham some. Maybe some of Legend and Sidy at the same time.

Grantham hasn't shown me any indication of being a power

Mar 16, 2016, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess this means Grantham to power forward ]

forward. He certainly needs to get stronger and be more aggressive to be a power foeward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2016, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Blossomgame declares for the NBA Draft ]

OK well then replace fired with left for Depaul. The point still stands. They didn't even give Shaka a call.

Why are you blaming Brownell for this?!?

Mar 16, 2016, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Blossomgame declares for the NBA Draft ]

Blaming Brownell for this is beyond rational. He coaches and develops a player well to the point that he is an All-ACC First Team player and wins the Most Improved Player award, and when the player wants to see where he stands for the draft it is a poor reflection on Brownell?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 16, 2016, 10:37 AM

Not to mention Jaron showed out last summer at LeBron James camp. They said he was one of the best players there. So, I think he's long gone.

Mar 16, 2016, 10:48 AM

Man I feel like with him coming back we could actual get into the tourney and win a few games. He has to do what's best for him though so can't be mad at him go luck to you in the NBA become a star and represent clemson good like I know you will. Once tiger always a Tiger!!

Mar 16, 2016, 10:50 AM

Saw that coming. Pretty sure he has already graduated or is going to this spring.

Good Luck JB, best wishes***

Mar 16, 2016, 10:53 AM

Mar 16, 2016, 10:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blossongame not quite ready for the NBA

Mar 16, 2016, 11:59 AM

Love Blossomgame's determination and talent but he needs to get much better at one on one basketball or he will stay in the D League. His shot is too low and he needs to develop a fade away or he will get the ball blocked all day. Too many guys that can dribble to get free and hit the jump shot better then Blossomgame. Hopefully one more year will prove to be an advantage.

Re: Blossongame not quite ready for the NBA

Mar 16, 2016, 12:03 PM

Don't express your opinion, Chucktown will jump all over you for this and call you arrogant.

Mar 16, 2016, 1:36 PM

It only took until the fifth post to make this discussion about Brownell and not about Jaron...geez

Mar 16, 2016, 1:46 PM

I wish him the best! The eval. Will be interesting. IMHO another year at CU would have helped. Us and him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2016, 1:51 PM

Best of luck. Congrats to the man. I hope one day he can hang a 50 burger on Lebron's sorry a$$!

Mar 16, 2016, 3:48 PM

I don't want to sound like a sourpuss on this, but he would be wiser to learn the KJ McDaniel lesson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean the 3 years for 10 million lesson?

Mar 29, 2016, 9:45 AM

I'm sure he's willing to learn it. As far as what Houston is doing with, or without KJ may be questionable and frustrating for KJ, but I'm sure the 10 million softens that quite a bit.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Note that he can still choose to return to Clemson

Mar 16, 2016, 3:57 PM

for his Senior year - this just opens up the opportunity for him to be evaluated and possibly make the move to the NBA. He has until May 25 to withdraw from NBA consideration.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But why would he Zep? Degree? Hoops trng better in D-League***

Mar 16, 2016, 10:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

have you seen the rookie pay scale? maybe that's a reaon

Mar 17, 2016, 11:11 AM

for him to come back...

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

Duh! The ship is sinking! Called it after the Ga Tech loss!

Mar 16, 2016, 11:39 PM

Was called a coot, and hater for it. I am a realist. I was called a coot when I screamed for Ken Hatfields job after going 10-2 with Danny Fords team that SHOULD have won the national championship. Then, once everyone calmed down and saw I was right they finally came around. Same thing with Bowden, and Tommy West. Every coach outlives their usefulness at some point. Brad is there. But, everyone's singing it now! Brownells got to go! Made the NCAA on OPP's recruits. Can't even make the NIT for Gods sake! The ship is sinking, and the waters are boiling! I'd declare in his shoes too! Come back to underperform with a team that has round of 32 talent? Sit at home and watch the NIT when he should be in the NCAA tourney? I can't blame him. It hurts with the transfers coming in. He would have more talent around him next year. But, it doesn't mean they would be in position to succeed. Just because you lose faith in a head coach, doesn't mean you don't love your school any less. Quite the opposite. To stick it out through the horrible stretches is the measure of a true fan. I have pulled for Clemson in every sport since I was old enough to understand. I will continue until the day I die. I don't hate Brownell. I like Brad. I have defended him vehemently. Will I support him if he comes back? Yes. But, my opinion will still be its about a year too long! The ONLY thing that MIGHT give him one more year is not having a true home court. That is a huge disadvantage for any team. But, I think we should be looking at the current VCU coach, or Wichita State coach. I'm ready to see Clemson compete for championships in every sport! Heck, I want a "w" in Chapel Hill!
Good luck, JB! I think you are leaving a bit early. You are not quite the defensive player you need to be yet for the next level. And, there are a few things you could have benefited from staying one more year! You could have solidified a much higher draft pick for sure. I think you'll be lucky to stay in the 1st round.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So we have aother 5 years of mediocrity.

Mar 17, 2016, 9:03 AM

Next year is NIT at most. Just fire CBB now

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic