Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
B.J. Goodson: The best linebacker Clemson signed in 2011?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Feb 22, 2011, 8:46 AM

Clemson brought in the best class of linebackers in the nation on National Signing Day, but the one linebacker that nobody talks about might just be the one that people remember when this class graduates. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great quotes - he sounds like a leader already

Feb 22, 2011, 8:58 AM

I especially like his consistent use of a two-letter word:

We are going to have so much talent there,” he said. “It’s just a feeling I have that we are going to do something special. I would like to say that we can help make Coach Steele the best defensive coordinator in college football. And I really feel like we are going to win a BCS Title before I’m done, and I want to be in the middle of it.”

"I really feel like we are going to win a BCS Title before

Feb 22, 2011, 8:59 AM

I am done"

Watch out for this guy! he maybe our sleeper of the class no one talked about

Re: B.J. Goodson: The best linebacker Clemson signed in 2011?

Feb 22, 2011, 8:59 AM

I'll take him, all day! That little town of Lamar has been good to Clemson. Welcome to Tiger Town B.J. I already like his attitude. Let the other guys get all the limelight and the press coverage, come in, work hard and punish people!

Feb 22, 2011, 9:08 AM

That just got me fired up for work!!! Hope this kid keeps this attitude, and puts in the hard work he mentioned several times, he'll have a great opportunity to help us win a BCS title if this whole team has that same attitude. Go tigers!

I read a quote somewhere from ?Dabo thet he was the best LB

Feb 22, 2011, 9:11 AM

in SC last year. Given how good Townsend is, that says something. Seems like every year or so there's one All Conf. player that was a 2-3 star out of high school. He may be one in a few years.

We need guys like him. Both with a chip

Feb 22, 2011, 9:24 AM

on his shoulder and, from the video, he is the kind of guy that doesn't get sucked into overplaying. He reads and then reacts to what is real rather than just one key. In Steele's system, guys like this are huge. LB's are so important. Not to get sacks and make tackles for losses but to minimize the gains to 1 or 2 yards. It looks on video that he is hard for OL guys to block because he is looking for it. The only down side is guys like him will end up making fewer tackles because whole packages of plays will be removed from the plan due to their expected ineffectiveness. He will free up edge guys to make more plays, though. I like him already. Welcome to Tiger nation Mr. Goodson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: We need guys like him. Both with a chip

Feb 22, 2011, 10:00 AM

Except when he had his hand down, he waited on the play to get to him. I would like to see him step up in the hole and make the tackle. That can be taught though. He seems to be a beast, and as soon as he hits anyone, they go down. Hard hitter definitely, seems to read and react well. The only thing I would like to see more of is to key on the runner quicker and meet him at the LOS.

This is just nit picking though, looks like a great addition!

B.J. Goodson is A BIG-TIME Linebacker. Welcome to DV!***

Feb 22, 2011, 9:31 AM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These LBs are going to push each other hard over the

Feb 22, 2011, 9:39 AM

next 4 years. Anthony, Townsend, Steward, Goodson and Walls. Three of those guys were loaded with offers out of high school, but then you can see from this article that Goodson has his head on straight. And I have a hard time imagining that Wesley Walls son won't be an asset for this team.

null

don't forget justin parker!***

Feb 22, 2011, 9:48 AM

Re: These LBs are going to push each other hard over the

Feb 22, 2011, 10:04 AM [ in reply to These LBs are going to push each other hard over the ]

Don't forget about Parker. He is no slow leak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To say that we're in good shape at LB may be an

Feb 22, 2011, 9:42 AM

understatement!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yeah it is scary how good we will be at that position in two

Feb 22, 2011, 10:49 AM

years. Elite talent that never gets tired.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2011, 10:01 AM

I like what I read that he said. H seems like a real high quality guy, and I am proud of his philosophy. His film shows he's a hitter, and a head hunter. I like the way he finds somebody to lay the wood to on every play. Guys, we are heading in the right direction, and we seem to be doing it the right way. JMO

Feb 22, 2011, 10:10 AM

Definitely headed the right direction. We must be supportive this year and give these kids a foundation of fan support to hang their hats on. Not to mention the coaches. Lets make Death Valley loud again. GO TIGERS... is it football season yet?

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Feb 23, 2011, 8:23 AM

I am very excited, and I will be there every game yelling my head off. Look for me - I'll be in orange.

Sounds like a great kid to have on the team.***

Feb 22, 2011, 10:55 AM

Re: Sounds like a great kid to have on the team.***

Feb 22, 2011, 11:21 AM

Got to love kids like this. Give me players who WANT to be Clemson Tigers every day. We will all pull for this guy from day one.

Re: Sounds like a great kid to have on the team.***

Feb 22, 2011, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Sounds like a great kid to have on the team.*** ]

I'm way more than ready for these guys (the whole team) to get past all the talk of what they can do, and just do it. All the post game speaches of we got to work harder in practice and correct our mistakes, has really gotten old over the past few years. The best thing about having a ton of good talent, its the best thing to create a ton of competitiveness....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic