Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BCS and why Scar was not there !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

BCS and why Scar was not there !

Jan 5, 2014, 10:27 AM

You did not beat Tennessee plus Alabama always deserves a bid.

With your love fest with the SEC you finished 4th.

SEC got another bid as did the ACC.

SEC = sugar automatic
ACC = orange automatic

both had a team in NC !

How simple can it be !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BCS and why Scar was not there !

Jan 5, 2014, 10:37 AM

duke

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never attempt logic or facts with a Coot. It confuses them.

Jan 5, 2014, 10:37 AM

nm

Jan 5, 2014, 10:47 AM

acc = duke lost acc championship
sec = missouri lost sec championship

Alabama = 2nd highest ranked sec team
Clemson = 2nd highest ranked acc team

so simple a Scar fan should understand !

Oh wait ! I forget most USC fans did not graduate high school !

Go away please and go back to the board to can read and understand !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 10:59 AM

I completely agree that losing to UT is why we were not in one. Or at least why we didn't have a chance to play for one. However, to leave out the 2 teams per conference rule, is unfair to the discussion. That rule is also a huge part of why we have not gotten one.

Re:Chickens have never been satisfied with rules. Everyone

Jan 5, 2014, 11:05 AM

is always against them.

That's what they say every year***

Jan 5, 2014, 12:16 PM

Like I staeted below, they have a problem with the rules

Jan 5, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re:Chickens have never been satisfied with rules. Everyone ]

Isn't EVERYONE playing by the same rules?

In 2011 and 2012, their coach whined because they beat every team in their division and somehow should have been the division champs while losing to the real teams they drew out of the west.

This year they got the easy teams out of the west but couldn't handle UGA, it's priceless.

And why do we have the two 2 rule? Because the rest of the

Jan 5, 2014, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

Country hates the sec

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all honesty it is a good rule

Jan 5, 2014, 11:12 AM

because because it would be unfair for the SEC to routinely get 4 of the 10 spots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Why would it be unfair if the sec has the best teams

Jan 5, 2014, 11:14 AM

Because it is completely subjective since most sec teams won't schedule tough out of conference match ups

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outside of the national championship game

Jan 5, 2014, 11:16 AM

the BCS bowls aren't designed to match up the best teams. They are designed to spread the wealth that comes from the BCS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

And will be 0-2 after tomorrow. You really want to be

Jan 5, 2014, 8:40 PM [ in reply to In all honesty it is a good rule ]

0-4???????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

The reason you have not gotten one is because you can't finish higher than fourth in your conference.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The game will soon be over but the 4th place rings are

Jan 5, 2014, 8:41 PM

forever.

The two teams per conference rule is there to protect

Jan 5, 2014, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

the inherent bias in polls. The SEC gets the benefit of the doubt with obscene rankings that don't reflect reality. You don't have to go back any further than 2011's shutting out of OK State for Bama for the MNC because of the "perception" that a 1-loss SEC teams was better than a similar Big 12 team. "Reality" over the last two years, as Big 12 teams have moved in and owned the SEC, plus OK's trouncing Bama in the Sugar, illustrate beautifully the fallacy of rankings and the perfectly logical cap of only two teams per conference.

Congrats on beating #19 Wisconsin - your first win ever over a Top 20 team in a bowl game. And congrats on having a coach who insulted the Cap On bowl staff by subjugating that victory and contest to the series against us. It's lost on most people that Dabo's retort was a compliment to the Orange Bowl, while Spurrier was insulting the Cap On Bowl. Eat it up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

I don't have a problem with the rule. The BCS was designed to make money for all the major conferences and the rule ensures that. I would rather us beat UT than change the rule. The rule is a part if the discussion, though.

Even if you'd beaten UT, you still would have NOT gotten

Jan 5, 2014, 9:11 PM

a BCS bid.

1. You would have lost to Auburn in the SEC Title Game.
2. Alabama would have still gotten the Sugar Bowl.

Re: Even if you'd beaten UT, you still would have NOT gotten

Jan 5, 2014, 9:26 PM

I said above that beating ut would have given us a shot to play for one.

You mean a shot at beating Auburn? Not a chance...***

Jan 5, 2014, 9:30 PM

Re: You mean a shot at beating Auburn? Not a chance...***

Jan 5, 2014, 10:25 PM

Decent chance though I would rather had played bama. Auburns offense is a bad matchup for us but they are not that good. This actually is the down year for the SEC, at least as far as having thst one great team thats usually there. The top group are good but none are great. UT probably blew our best chance ever to win it.

No BCS?? Here's a consulation trip for the Coots

Jan 5, 2014, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdcJf9rACHM

True, and you beat us, nuff said.***

Jan 5, 2014, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smoke this, coot. New playoff system will involve only 1

Jan 5, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

team per conference. Or at least hope it works that way. There is no reason to take two teams from the same conference. The purpose of the playoffs is to find the best team in the country. The best team in the country cannot be the 2nd best team in a conference. A conference should be able to choose the ONE team they want to send to the playoffs.

That pretty well ensure that we will NEVER see U$UC in playoff. And this will ensure that we never see LSU vs. Bama in yet another game of the century. Seen that once or twice. Do NOT need to ever see that again.

Jan 5, 2014, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

You cant have it both ways. You can not have the benefits of being in the SEC without the negative aspects of playing in that conference. You could join The American.

Yes we finished higher in our conference.

Jan 5, 2014, 11:04 AM

Their argument is they finished ahead of us in the rankings and would have been picked ahead of us if they were eligible. I can see both sides. Unfortunately for them, they have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

They lost to Tennessee, like always, they lose

Jan 5, 2014, 11:07 AM

a game they shouldn't and want to blame the system. They can't help it'
At 1-21 Lou told them they'd win any other conference any they forever bought that BS.

Slurrier has been crying the last 3 years that they beat every team in their division, those cross division games shouldn't count and they bought that.

Now they have to grasp onto the fact that they couldn't win it(BCS), the system screwed them again.

Fact is , Clemson earned their way into the OB. No matter what anyone says, they earned it. Clemson could have finished 10-2 with a loss to either BC,NCS,Virginia,UMD or ANY OTHER ACC team and would have not gotten the OB BCS bid.

Everyone, TOOKIE's pi$$ed with my post and is TMailing again

Jan 5, 2014, 12:12 PM

Priceless
"What's in your wallet" , right up there with "you want fries with that " and "how gas you want sir "

Tookie's an idiot.***

Jan 5, 2014, 12:13 PM

Yes he is.***

Jan 5, 2014, 12:13 PM

So was TOOGIE ... coincidence?

Jan 5, 2014, 8:36 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Jan 5, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to They lost to Tennessee, like always, they lose ]

The SC situation actually reminds me of Aladdin

Jan 5, 2014, 11:10 AM

The part where Jafar wishes to be a genie

Aladdin: You want to be a genie? You got it!
[cufflinks form on Jafar's wrists]
Jafar: What?
Aladdin: And everything that goes with it!
[Aladdin shows the black genie lamp that sucks Jafar in]
Jafar: NO! NO!
Iago: I'm getting out of here!
[Iago tries to flee, but Jafar grabs him]
Aladdin: Phenomenal cosmic powers.
[Jafar and Iago get sucked into the lamp]
Aladdin: Itty-bitty living space.

You want to be in the SEC? You get phenomenal cosmic media hype, star-crossed recruits that want to play in your conference, and... itty-bitty living space.

AKA there are a bunch of other programs just as good or better than your own all jammed into one conference, and everyone is stepping on each other trying to get to the top for one of those 2 spots in the big show. Don't like it? Go somewhere else.

Jan 5, 2014, 11:12 AM

rules and laws are there for those that do not understand fairness and have no morality. Not for the ones that do what is right but for that will take advantage or have no moral compass about them.

ESPN and SEC great examples $$$$$ too.

In all honesty...

Jan 5, 2014, 11:19 AM

If there was no two team per conference rule, we would have just beat South Carolina instead of using that extra week to prepare for the Orange Bowl. Either way, we would have received the invite.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 5, 2014, 11:33 AM

I realize you did everything to make this understandable for coots fans but would suggest you add some pictures next time.

Jan 5, 2014, 11:45 AM

When the final rankings come back -
Clemson's two losses will be to the number 1 team and a top 10 team.
SC will have lost to 2 unranked teams. I guess this should be termed "chicken ing". Aka - losing to teams not ranked.

Clemson bowl win was over a team ranked in the top 3 most of the year.
SC will have beaten a 19th ranked team from the big 10 - which we all know is marginal at best. And I must add - lost to Ohio state.

BCS got it right. Teams with multiple losses to unranked teams - don't belong.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 7:03 PM

Honestly, that is probably a very fair way to look at it although I still think that without the rule we would have been in. You're right, though. Lost two winnable games, one of which should have been a fairly easy win.

without the 2 per conference limit, which BCS bowl would

Jan 5, 2014, 9:14 PM

have picked you?

Re: without the 2 per conference limit, which BCS bowl would

Jan 5, 2014, 9:24 PM

Orange? Fiesta? The two with teams we had already beaten and were ranked higher than.

Orange wanted us (+ ACC tie in), UCF got an automatic bid.

Jan 5, 2014, 10:56 PM

I didn't say all the rules were changed, just the 2 teams max.

Jan 5, 2014, 11:54 AM

SC wasn't in a BCS bowl because they didn't take care of the business that they needed to care of to be there. It is pretty simple.

Just like Clemson isn't in the National Championship game because they didn't take care of the business they needed to take care of to be there.

So as all of you have pointed out, SC can't brag about winning (or even going to) a BCS bowl game. They can't brag out winning a conference championship.

So, we will just have to brag about being better than Clemson as proven on the field.

Hey, maybe it isn't much. But SC is absolutely the best team in the state of South Carolina. So I guess for now we will just have to live with that.

Enjoy your Orange Bowl Victory! It is definitely something you guys should celebrate!

Jan 5, 2014, 11:55 AM

The problem is.....the SEC has many BCS bowl teams available. The ACC has only 1. That team made it to the national championship teams opening up a slot for undeserving teams and Clemson got that slot. The entire nation knows we are better than Clemson because we beat you...and we will be ranked ahead of you...and we beat 2 teams that won BCS bowl games. The loss to Tennessee was tragic but that is life in the SEC unlike life in the ACC. That is not smack. It is college football facts as the nation sees it. When the final poll comes out and the fact we beat you still will not make it clear to you but so be it ! Everyone else in the free world knows it.

Jan 5, 2014, 12:03 PM

It has been well documented, but let me state it again for you.
SC is excited about being a good football team in SC.
Clemson is excited about being a great football team in the entire nation.

Congrats on beating a 2nd rate team in a 2nd rate (maybe 3rd) bowl.
As for BCS bowl - you might want to start beating unranked teams. You might want to beat - the best teams in your own conference. Alabama, LSU, Auburn, T AM. Oh wait, you did not even play the best teams in your own conference. AND - you still lost to 2 unranked ones.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 12:10 PM

Clenzn1981,

You are right, SC does need to start doing those things. Will they? Who knows. The certainly didn't this year and that is why SC fans don't have a BCS trophy to brag about.

So for now, we just have to brag about being the best team in the state. Which we are.

Jan 5, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

If you are rated better(higher) by the nation and we beat you head to head where does all this we are better than you junk come from ? I'm sorry...I am dealing with facts...I guess facts don't apply. Just a made up mindset applies here. It's OK...what ever makes you feel better...outside of the truth that is.

Jan 5, 2014, 12:16 PM

hey moronic you lost to tenn for gods sake

Via Coot Logic: Tenn > SCar. It's really just that simple.***

Jan 5, 2014, 12:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

Let me ask you a question and see if you can give me an objective answer.

You lost to NC State last year. Lets say you had beaten SC.

So you lost to NC State but you beat SC and that would have put you ranked ahead of SC at the end of the season.

Would you have thought South Carolina was better than Clemson simply because you lost to NC State, and unranked team?

SC losing to Tenn was terrible for SC fans. But it means nothing when it comes to saying that SC is better than Clemson. Five years in a row proves that. The final rankings prove that.

SC will end up ranked higher than Clemson IN SPITE of losing to Tennessee. Think about that.

Jan 5, 2014, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

like you coots make up "national bowl winners"????!!!

LOL!!!! get your coot heads out of each other's a$$es...
did you 2 call each other first before you came over here to hold hands together & have a little cootpride parade...?

awwwww...how USuCk

The "entire nation" has already forgotten about you.

Jan 5, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS and why Scar was not there ! ]

Sorry, but it's true. At this point all "everyone else in the free world" cares about is the game Monday night. After that, it's simply a matter of where your own team finished in the rankings. You talk as if people outside of Cootville care about SCar. They don't. That's not "life in the SEC" either, it's SCar's life.

Forget "Cocking" your way out of national relevance by losing to UT this year, or an overrated FL team last year, or Auburn the year before that - each costing a division title and a shot at playing for the natty. You have a lot to be happy about. 11 wins again. Top 10 ranking. "5 in a row." You all should be giddy to the point of wetting yourselves.

Congrats Tigers

Jan 5, 2014, 12:08 PM

This was a big win no doubt. And I'll admit it does bring some level of legitimacy to your season...
Having said that, what room does Clem have to beat their chests to Gamecock fans. Beat us on the field first.

When you idiots stop coming on our board

Jan 5, 2014, 7:12 PM

we'll stop talking to you.

Re: Congrats Tigers

Jan 5, 2014, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Congrats Tigers ]

it's OUR board shamecluck moron!

you are trying to crow & strut here, not the other way around. GTFO!

Re: Congrats Tigers

Jan 5, 2014, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Congrats Tigers ]

Not beating our chest to anyone. That's is for low class Carolina fans. Congrats on your state championship. Here in your glory days of football must be frustrating that nobody cares. Sad to see Spurrier satisfied with state championships and Capitol ( Coot) bowl wins when his previous standards were NC's. Might explain the alcoholism. Love the bright red nose.

..unknowingly perhaps..the SC fans are kind of.....

Jan 5, 2014, 8:47 PM

...alluding to the idea that their is a glass ceiling of sorts in the SEC FB realm, and that the gamecocks have about as much chance of ever breaking as does Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, Kentucky and Vanderbilt, who have been trying for almost 100 years now and have very little to show for it. SC is now part of the SEC underclass. Look at UGA, far and away better than SC and yet they average an SEC title once every 15 years......

Yep, and our schedule was arguably tougher, though, with

Jan 5, 2014, 8:49 PM

how UCF finished, prolly pretty even.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If not for FSU being in NC game

Jan 5, 2014, 9:19 PM

we would not have been in Orange bowl. We got lucky to get in. But, we delivered!

Sugar Bowl wanted Clemson also.***

Jan 5, 2014, 9:27 PM

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic