Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BC game got me thinking....about football and weather
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

BC game got me thinking....about football and weather

Nov 9, 2018, 5:03 PM

Here are my memorable weather games. Please add yours to the list.

Hottest:
Many a nooner in late August/Early September. Can you really tell the difference between 94 & 95 sitting on aluminum, in a concrete bowl, with the midday sun beating down on you?

Coldest: Tie 1- Home 1-Away (Both on Thursday night)
Home-NCST around 2005 too cold
Away-VT around 2006

Rain-
GT game in the early 2000's Remnants of a hurricane coming through turned the steps of the stands into a waterfall.
ND game of course
and.....
UNLV in the mid 90's a passing storm dumped a TON of rain on us. I remember seeing people slide down the hill. As a teen, I really wanted to go and join them.

Lightning-
I also think that UNLV was the 1st lightning delay that they had since Moby D!ck was a guppy and the last one since.

Snow- Flurried a bit against the Coots about 10 yrs ago. Would have loved to be at the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise in 2001

Some of you older....er....more experienced Tigers feel free to add some of the more memorable games you attended with extreme weather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TCU @ home was another memorable rain game***

Nov 9, 2018, 5:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not necessarily the worst weather, but the coldest

Nov 9, 2018, 5:15 PM

I've ever been in DV was Oct 1983. Left warm, sunny TN oblivious to what would happen later. Drove about 4.5 hours to see the NCSU game. We took a couple with us who had never been to a game at Clemson. Wind got up, temps fell into the 30's. Rain fell. We weren't prepared. Froze our patooties off.

But Clemson won 27-17, so all good.

The definition of awesome!

Re: BC game got me thinking....about football and weather

Nov 9, 2018, 5:34 PM

Here's some from the top of my head...yes I am older Tiger in his 50's

1979... Peach Bowl in the old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. Cloudy, damp, Cold with some sleet with temps in the 30's and we lost

1986 .... At NC State in Raleigh. A monsoon. and we lost. Enough said.

1986..... At Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Temp on field least a 100 degrees. Hot as hell.

1992... FSU at Clemson. 1st ACC game for FSU.... as I remember temps in the low 90's before game time in evening. hot tailgate.

1997..FSU at Clemson.... HOT... Temps in the low 90's.

2015.. Notre Dame at Clemson. Rain...Rain...Rain... least it was warm.

That's all I got..I have been going to Clemson games since the 70's. I am sure there were many other crazy weather extremes. :) I just can't recall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 5:45 PM

1991 at UNC was cold and miserable. Ron Franklin started the broadcast "If you have a child at this game then you should feel sorry for them"
1985 at MD (the no coach on the sidelines game) was freezing as the the coot game in 2000 (the Catch II).
TCU - rain, rain, rain
Hottest ... Furman game in 1999(?) Woody's first game; Diamond Adam's mother had a heart attack and died at halftime. It was brutal.

Nov 9, 2018, 8:26 PM

Furman was 98. And it was miserable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heavy rain during the Puntrooski game with FSU

Nov 9, 2018, 6:10 PM

in 1988, the TCU game in 2009, and the 2015 ND.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1972 SCAR in DV ... low 30s, sleet, freezing rain ... yuk!!***

Nov 9, 2018, 7:15 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 10:22 PM

GT game in 200?. Remember sitting in west end zone... stayed until halftime with rain coming down in buckets and then walked/swam back to house past downtown and under railroad tracks. Everyone else had showered and was eating pizza and drinking.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic