Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BBall frustration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

BBall frustration

Jan 6, 2015, 3:25 PM

Soap Box Time!!

When I attended Clemson every single game was sold out, crazy noise inside Little John. You actually had to wait in line for days just to get a ticket to a game,unless you were on another sports team and got your tickets early :) Why is it so difficult to get people at a home basketball game now? Anyway, yes I will be complaining, sorry about that.

It will be great to have a new up to date, cutting edge arena, with a boring/losing basketball program. Hey recruits look at this brand new building it's awesome right, now go throw up some bricks so you can fit right in with the program.

I support all sports programs at Clemson, yes, every single one. I will gladly support any team that is trying to get better, trying to win. Our men's basketball program just doesn't seem to want that. Whether it's the players or the coaches, sometimes it is hard to tell. Maybe it's the style that we play. I do not mind a good defense, actually I would encourage it. But the offense the team plays with, I do not know what to say about it. The offense stinks, and that's saying it mildly. I know that the majority of the players on the team can play, they would not be playing in the ACC or be playing at Clemson if they could not. Why are the players so restricted, why is Brownell holding them back? Let the boys loose, let them play ball. Roper should be starting, imo. He could be the best player on the team with some playing time. You can't expect a player to be sitting on the bench for 10 minutes and go in a hit every shot he throws up. Hall should be the leader on the team, but he is afraid to shoot. I really like Granthram and Devoe. Granthram plays on a different level. I think he will be great if he keeps on what he is doing. Blossomgame tends to play a little scared, who could blame him, with the leg problems he has had. He has improved, but he should be a 20 point scorer every night. We have really soft big men. When Nnoko comes out, there is nothing left that has a presence inside. Although Harrison scores some points, he lacks court awareness, and doesn't like to share the ball. He tends to make major mistakes at critical points that kill momentum for us and gives it to the other team.

I can go on but I will get off the soap box now. Maybe I'm just frustrated at the product Clemson is putting out there. I want the program to be the best in the ACC, usually that would mean the best in the country as well. It would be nice to make the NCAA tournament and get through a few rounds. Do I expect us to win a national championship in basketball, no but I want to see us be competitive. Right now we are not competitive with anyone in the ACC. I want to see Little John maxed out to capacity and bursting at the seems to hold the sound in with a bunch a crazy Clemson fans.

Sorry everyone had to get this off my chest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every single game sold out? When exactly was this

Jan 6, 2015, 3:57 PM

as I've been following Clemson basketball 40+ years and never recall every game sold out. The Barnes years were close in years 3-4, but never since. Do you mean maybe every conference game? That might have happened once in OP's time here

Re: Every single game sold out? When exactly was this

Jan 6, 2015, 4:20 PM

I was at Clemson during the OP years, and we had to camp out a few times to get tickets. But, there were definitely games during the season that were not sold out. If it was a big game, though, Littlejohn would get crazy (EA Sports rated us the 2nd toughest place to play in 2009).

The difference during those years (in my opinion) was that there was generally always a chance that we could win the game. No matter who we played Clemson had a chance to show up and beat them. That motivated the crowd to be loud and help push them over the edge.
One of my favorite memories is the 2009 game against Duke when we destroyed them by 27 points.

Re: BBall frustration

Jan 6, 2015, 4:15 PM

I feel your pain! I am disgusted with our program. I hear coach Brownell is a great defensive coach and it shows! The main point being that we have no player on the floor that can shoot effectively. No go too guy! There are thousands of b-ball players out there! I find it hard to believe we can't find 2 or 3 pure shooters that want to play at Clemson!
Like Roy Williams just said last week when asked what he expected to see against Clemson he said "well, they will be a tough defensive team" Meaning we have no offensive threat on the roster!
If we have such a great defensive coach why don't we
1. Full court press?
2. Trap in half court defense?
3. Make teams beat us from the foul line?

I am to the point where I would rather see us tear down Littlejohn, shut down the basketball program and build a womens softball facility!

The questions are obvious and the answers are tough when it comes to fixing the program!

I can get behind a team that loses if they are competitive and hard nosed and give great effort but I dont see any of that when I watch Clemson play!

Ditto.....bring back the slab 5! lol***

Jan 6, 2015, 4:23 PM

Jan 6, 2015, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: BBall frustration ]

If we have such a great defensive coach why don't we
1. Full court press?
2. Trap in half court defense?
3. Make teams beat us from the foul line?

Deer Lawd please dont post about basketball strategy if you have no clue ### you are talking about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 6, 2015, 4:27 PM

"When I attended Clemson every single game was sold out"

I stopped reading right there because I figured the rest was also bull ####.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 6, 2015, 6:17 PM

Keep reading clemtiger117, maybe you will learn something

Learn what? That you lied in your initial statement

Jan 6, 2015, 7:36 PM

and clearly are not old enough to really know anything about Clemson's basketball history, or lack there of

Jan 6, 2015, 6:25 PM

Coach B is the Best Xs and Os coach we have ever had.
His buy out should be doubled!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic