Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everything i have posted about JL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,301

Everything i have posted about JL

Mar 29, 2015, 9:00 AM

over the years was 100 percent accurate and on the money. Took a ton of crap for it from a lot of the board who obviously wasnt paying attention to the program.

JL will be fired at the end of the season. He is hall of fame only because he coached at Clemson for 23 years. He is average at best and destroyed what Bill built.

Have a great Sunday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just for the record, you aren't the only one

Mar 29, 2015, 9:02 AM

who has noticed and posted ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Ditto

Mar 29, 2015, 9:05 AM

I have watched it happen at BTF for many years....And probably will see it happen again today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Awesome "I told you so" post.

Mar 29, 2015, 9:09 AM

Not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Awesome "I told you so" post.

Mar 29, 2015, 9:20 AM

Sorry Palmetto, that ship is full.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Awesome "I told you so" post.

Mar 29, 2015, 9:31 AM

Dude...you obviously havent been here long. I called this years ago. I was probably the most hated baseball poster there was because I saw this coming. Nobody wanted to see it. And now we have arrived to the point I didnt want to be at. DK is half full at best on most nights (sometimes not close to that). The assistant coaches we have are some of the worst in the country. Our head coach is a prick who cant recruit and loves to bash the fan base.

I used to post a lot on this site. I dont have as much time as i used to. This is not a jumping on the ship deal. I was riding solo on that ship for years

#missingthepoint

Mar 29, 2015, 10:37 AM

Nobody wants to hear you, or anyone else for that matter, say "I told you so", especially in a condescending tone. Your satisfaction should come from being right, not from telling others they were wrong.

PS: If you must gloat about your baseball foresight, Please do it in the baseball forum.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You say foresight, I say the Boy Who Cried Wolf stumbled

Mar 29, 2015, 10:45 AM

upon a wolf

Re: Everything i have posted about JL

Mar 29, 2015, 9:34 AM

You trash EVERY Clemson coach on here so what is your point? So you were right on JL but o have yet to see you admit to being full of #### about Dabo.

Don't come here looking for a pat on the back when you do #### like that

null

Mar 29, 2015, 11:55 AM

Careful now. When Dabo has a losing season in 15 years, that guy will claim he was right all along.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the kind of stupid #### that keeps rational people

Mar 29, 2015, 10:17 AM

from agreeing with you that rare time you have an opinion they agree with. A blind squirrel finds an acorn...

Is it time for JL to go? Yes, probably. Has the game seemingly passed him by? Yes. Has the program steadily declined since 2010? Absolutely.

Were you "100% accurate" "over the years" with the knee-jerk drivel you constantly posted about JL? Not by a long shot.

If you refuse to recognize how great of a coach JL was in his prime and the contributions he's made to this program and university then you're either ignorant or blinded by your inexplicable hatred of him.

The decline started in 2003. His assistants were great.***

Mar 29, 2015, 10:27 AM

Went to CWS in 2006 and 2010.***

Mar 29, 2015, 11:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing like waking up pissed off, is it PS?***

Mar 29, 2015, 10:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 29, 2015, 10:25 AM

great post!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He made what Bill built better but since 2010 our program

Mar 29, 2015, 11:03 AM

has dramatically declined.

They both took us to 6 CWS but Jack at least won multiple games several times (finished 3rd or 4th in the country) in the CWS something Bill could never do.

To say he destroyed what Bill built is not accurate.

Should he stay or go? I think it's time he stepped down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bunn left for alabama and late peporoni sucks

Mar 29, 2015, 11:12 AM

And he was forced to hire PEPORONI He has been down fall, JL kept him will be his downfall, JL is a great coach but too loyal to his assts Only fault

PEP SUCKS

Would you mind repeating that?

Mar 29, 2015, 11:28 AM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Bunn left for alabama and late peporoni sucks

Mar 29, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Bunn left for alabama and late peporoni sucks ]

JL is not a great coach. He gets the credit for what his assistants did (most who left the program for bigger and better jobs and did very good). If he was so great, assistants coming and going should not really skip a beat. He lived by those assistants and now since no one will come work for him, it shows. His reputation for being hard to work for has caught up with him. He is in HOF ONLY because of who was helping him. Too bad they didn't get the credit

I agree - JL was one of the best coaches in the game for a

Mar 29, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to He made what Bill built better but since 2010 our program ]

pretty good stretch. It's just as obvious he no longer is, and has not been for some time now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I disagree; while I think Jack should not have returned

Mar 29, 2015, 12:44 PM

for the 2015 season, I'll disagree that he destroyed what Bill built.

I think Jack built upon what Bill built BUT when he had the chance to step through the door of greatness and win the CWS, he did not step through. He was peaking and riding high but failed to follow through, he was content and did not win the recruiting battles or maintain the edge that he needed to continue the momentum, and did not adjust his game plan to the changing environment of college baseball. As a result, we fell far behind our competition and he has not been able to recover. Jack was a great coach and deserves the HoF honor but it time he stepped aside.

Mar 29, 2015, 2:33 PM

I think numerous fans saw what the OP saw, but my stance has always been - if we fire Jack, then CLEMSON will NOT pursue a proven, veteran coach - so we are better off just keeping Jack.

I'm curious as to whom the OP thinks CLEMSON would actually pursue to replace Jack. THAT is the key factor here IMO. We could fire Jack today, but that does NOT make it better. What coach is going to make it better, and will CLEMSON even attempt to go after that coach?

Until I here some better plans, we should stick with Jack and endure his failures.

I'm just glad I don't care about bball.

Mar 29, 2015, 2:34 PM

hear* :)

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,301
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic