Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mackensie Alexander: I'm the best in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

New Story: Mackensie Alexander: I'm the best in the country

Aug 12, 2015, 4:00 PM

Mackensie Alexander: I'm the best in the country

Ask Mackensie Alexander who he thinks is the best cornerback in all of college football, and the answer is immediate and decisive: Mackensie Alexander. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mackensie Alexander: I'm the best in the country

Aug 12, 2015, 4:15 PM

I really wish Alexander had more confidence.

Re: I want `all of them to think like

Aug 12, 2015, 7:15 PM

that.

His Work ethic is off the charts......

Aug 12, 2015, 4:17 PM

He already knows opponents, receivers tendencies?!!!!..... for the upcoming season?.....

THAT IS SCARY MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He lacks confidence.

Aug 12, 2015, 4:25 PM

That attitude is contagious, if someone doesn't fix it he'll win a NC before he graduates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He reminds me of Sammy the way he prepares.***

Aug 12, 2015, 4:31 PM

I like his confidence, but I worry that his attitude isn't

Aug 12, 2015, 4:33 PM

classy. I want our players to stay classy because we are known for classiness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like his confidence, but I worry that his attitude isn't

Aug 12, 2015, 4:38 PM

I gotta be honest. Im pretty tired of hearing the word "classy" when it comes to football. Fans can be classy I guess but this is a violent game. I want gladiators ready to tear someone's head off, I don't want guys that worry about offending other teams. TO HELL with the other teams!!! Bash them all!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Merlin Olsen wasn't a good football player?

Aug 12, 2015, 4:54 PM

Peyton Manning?
Calvin Johnson?
Larry Fitzgerald?
Tony Gonzalez?

All world-class players, all classy.

Being a top level athlete takes commitment, dedication, and a work ethic.

Being classy takes nothing other than the proper mindset and attitude.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Merlin Olsen wasn't a good football player?

Aug 12, 2015, 5:09 PM

> Peyton Manning?
> Calvin Johnson?
> Larry Fitzgerald?
> Tony Gonzalez?
>
> All world-class players, all classy.
>
> Being a top level athlete takes commitment,
> dedication, and a work ethic.
>
> Being classy takes nothing other than the proper
> mindset and attitude.

HAHAHA and all those players are on Offense lol

^^^^^^^ T H I S ^^^^

Aug 13, 2015, 3:01 AM

rip their ####### heads off !!!!!!!

null

First off you Obed you know nothing about those players.....

Aug 12, 2015, 5:28 PM [ in reply to So Merlin Olsen wasn't a good football player? ]

.....as a person or as a football player. It amazes me how some people act like they know what they are talking about and try compare one player to another when you know neither. First off I have seen Peyton Manning straight up lay into his receivers when they mess up as a matter of fact I'm sure you can find a video or two of all those "classy" guys you claim to know trash talking. You don't think Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald think they're the best receivers in the world? If not there might be something wrong with you, this is football not Candyland. You can be classy and confident the only thing I would say is that if you are going to talk the way Alexander does then you better back it up and guess what he has so my opinion the dude can say what he wants because he has proven to me he is the best in the nation. "Needs to be more classy" I have a feeling you might not know what classy means....

Re: First off you Obed you know nothing about those players.....

Aug 12, 2015, 5:35 PM

Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson don't go around saying that are the best. That's the difference. They know they are. Mac can have that attitude all he wants, its a great attitude to have. But to go around saying I'm the best to the media is not necessary. It just screams "look at me", which is not a great attitude to have.

Aug 12, 2015, 6:03 PM

Mac was asked a question and answered honestly. If he was a look at me type he would do more interviews, social media, etc. Nothing points to him being anything but classy. If my son has his attitude at that age I'll be proud.

Aug 12, 2015, 5:35 PM [ in reply to First off you Obed you know nothing about those players..... ]

Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson don't go around saying that are the best. That's the difference. They know they are. Mac can have that attitude all he wants, its a great attitude to have. But to go around saying I'm the best to the media is not necessary. It just screams "look at me", which is not a great attitude to have.

Aug 12, 2015, 6:06 PM

I had to re-read the article to see where he showed a lack of class. I couldn't find it. It was framed that he was asked who the best DB is. He answered it honestly. He didn't bad mouth anyone. He didn't use adjectives that fluffed his ego. He just used his body of work and work ethic as evidence. To say he is crying "look at me" is simply ignorant. The kid never talks to the press.
I for one support his confidence. He has earned my respect and yours. To challenge his character says more about you than him. Go Tigers!!

Aug 12, 2015, 6:36 PM

Challenge his character? Haha. Not even close to what I did. All I meant was there is no need to tell everyone how good u are. Its others peoples job to say how good u are. I guarantee u cj spiller was asked how good he thought he was on numerous occasions. Same with Sammy and pretty much every other great player. U don't hear them saying that they are the best around and its not even close. They showed some humility and said that's for others to say, not me. I was just raised like that. Its my opinion. I never said that he was a bad person for saying that. Not even close.

Aug 12, 2015, 7:25 PM

Sammy Watkins said that he thought he was the best receiver in America when he was at Clemson. I guess your low self-esteem having self cried about that too.

Aug 12, 2015, 7:40 PM

Go ahead and post that link moron.

Back it up!

Aug 14, 2015, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: First off you Obed you know nothing about those players..... ]

I don't have any issue with Mac saying he thinks he is the best, as long as he backs it up! Every day these young men are in college, the NFL scouts are grading them. On the field, in the classroom, around campus, AND during interviews.

This guy is smart, he wants everyone to look at him because he has all the bases covered and has nothing to hide. He has the numbers on the field, puts insane effort into practice, and stays out of trouble. (I have no clue about grades and don't feel like looking it up.)

I remember when he was refusing interviews because he hadn't "proven" himself yet. Now he's proven... let him proclaim it! Just gotta keep backing it up. (Unlike the Clown and Winston)

Look at Calvin's contract and tell me if that doesn't say

Aug 12, 2015, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: First off you Obed you know nothing about those players..... ]

"I'm the best"

whoa whoa whoa!!

Aug 12, 2015, 5:43 PM [ in reply to First off you Obed you know nothing about those players..... ]

Are you questioning someone's classiness, without knowing their classiness?

That's so not classy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7/10 classy reply.

Aug 12, 2015, 10:44 PM [ in reply to First off you Obed you know nothing about those players..... ]

Thank you.

Aug 12, 2015, 6:40 PM [ in reply to So Merlin Olsen wasn't a good football player? ]

Peyton Manning T-Bagged some female reporter or staff and paid her a lot to keep quite.

I'm fine with the talk if my guys can back it up. I'm ECSTATIC he even mentions wanting a degree and NC when everyone knows elite DB's are hard to find and go early in the draft.

It was a trainer at UT, and UT paid her, not Peyton.***

Aug 12, 2015, 11:11 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2015, 8:13 AM [ in reply to So Merlin Olsen wasn't a good football player? ]

Apparently, the only thing you ever saw of Merlin Olsen were his FTD commercials.

Merlin Olsen was a beast, a bruiser, and would rip off the head of any running back daring to cross his line. He wasn't pretty, nor did he play pretty. He was a down and dirty player. He could be a gentleman when he wanted to be, on camera, but he put fear into many an RB. The way he played got him into Canton.

Mackensie's interview did not show anything but class. He works hard. He did not bad mouth anybody. He didn't curse or use foul language(that we can tell). He shows a dedication to learning - getting a degree - and to Clemson University - he wants the team to win a NC.

What do you really want? A pansy? Go back and listen to that interview from that gamefrock LB a few weeks ago at the sec media day. That was a train wreck of an interview.

Hate to break it to you

Aug 12, 2015, 5:01 PM [ in reply to I like his confidence, but I worry that his attitude isn't ]

but classiness wins beauty pageants not national championships.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen the "classy" portion of

Aug 12, 2015, 5:03 PM

a beauty pageant. Swimsuit is nice though.

Aug 12, 2015, 5:07 PM [ in reply to I like his confidence, but I worry that his attitude isn't ]

and what exactly was unclassy about his comments?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mackensie slipped and fell during the FSU game and

Aug 12, 2015, 8:37 PM

the FSU wr got open and scored a TD. Anyone know of the other time a WR scored a TD on Mackensie?

UNC guy made a nice catch on him last year.

Aug 13, 2015, 2:25 AM

But I would trade a few td's against scrubs to get that one from FSU back, that one hurt.

But, I hate when reporters ask questions for the sole purpose of getting bragadocious answers. Ask db's about the WR's. Ask DL's about the OL's, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mackensie slipped and fell during the FSU game and

Aug 13, 2015, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Mackensie slipped and fell during the FSU game and ]

Too bad. The Tigers probably win the game if that does not happen. Or if C.J. does not cough it up. Or if Amon does not miss chip shots. Or if one ball is not snapped five feet over Deshaun's head near the goal line. Take away any one of those plays and Clemson probably wins their first against a top ranked team.

Re: what did he say that was classless?***

Aug 12, 2015, 7:16 PM [ in reply to I like his confidence, but I worry that his attitude isn't ]

Aug 12, 2015, 7:48 PM [ in reply to I like his confidence, but I worry that his attitude isn't ]

As long as he isn't killing, robbing, stealing, ######, and doing hard drugs, I don't care how he talks. I've always heard that when you're good, say you're good and back it up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is confident and cocky and then plain oh #########

Aug 13, 2015, 7:34 AM [ in reply to I like his confidence, but I worry that his attitude isn't ]

Mc is walking a line right now. I have no problem with confidence. . But a big fan of trash talk. Your performance will speak for itself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Love it...he's da man...recall FSU TD or whatever came

Aug 12, 2015, 4:39 PM

because he slipped down...that was him right? Or was that Peters?

Re: Love it...he's da man...recall FSU TD or whatever came

Aug 12, 2015, 4:52 PM

That was him and it was the only blown coverage all season

Awesome! I love Mac's attitude. Just imagine

Aug 12, 2015, 4:46 PM

if his twin had decided to join him here at Clemson! Lock down defense!

Re: Awesome! I love Mac's attitude. Just imagine

Aug 12, 2015, 5:09 PM

His brother isn't half the player that Alexander is, chances are he wouldn't even start.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Awesome! I love Mac's attitude. Just imagine

Aug 12, 2015, 5:52 PM

I think his brother left Auburn. Forget where went though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did Mackensie Alexander and the ND Qb ever room together

Aug 12, 2015, 4:57 PM

at a summer camp??

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2015, 5:08 PM

He is scarily similar to another all-time great defensive back, Ed Reed. If he's anywhere near as good as Reed he'll be an all-time Tiger great, especially if he stays to get his degree like he says.

Aug 12, 2015, 5:13 PM

BOOM! Love it!

Thank you MA!

Aug 12, 2015, 6:58 PM

We appreciate the hard work you put in. I don't know if you'll stay for 2 more years because it's hard to turn down a top 10 draft pick but I hope you do. I think we'll have the right pieces of a NC in 2016, undecided on this year. If out OL gets straight, we stay healthy, and out defense is as good as advertised we'll have a good shot.

Go Tigers!!

I agree with him and think he's the best CB we've had since

Aug 12, 2015, 7:04 PM

the 1980's.

Re: I agree with him and think he's the best CB we've had since

Aug 12, 2015, 7:26 PM

If you have it: flaunt it.

Now for the easy part, proving it on the field in games..***

Aug 12, 2015, 7:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2015, 8:13 PM

Gotta love the man's attitude! Has a bright future if he continues to put in the work.

Mackensie slipped and fell during the FSU game and

Aug 12, 2015, 8:41 PM

the FSU wr got open and scored a TD. Anyone know of the other time a WR scored a TD on Mackensie?

Aug 12, 2015, 9:24 PM

I love his confidence, focus and determination. I want to drive from Nashville, find him on campus, give him a high five, tell him he's awesome, and then drive back. This article gave me a cheese eatin grin!

Re: Name Fits- Alexander the Great !!!

Aug 12, 2015, 11:56 PM

His name certainly fits- Alexander the Great !!! and
BEST is the Standard!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic