Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
August 30, 2008 - Time to make amends
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,993

August 30, 2008 - Time to make amends

Jan 1, 2016, 7:08 PM
CU-BamaTix.jpg(22.3 K)

It was humiliating. We were suppose to be "great" that year. #9 Clemson vs #24 Alabama. They were coming off a 6-6 season the year before. They whipped us like a red-headed stepchild.

Riding on the MARTA back to my car I stuck my ticket (photo attached to post) in my billfold and vowed to keep it there until we would have the chance to one day make amends.

I said that night Tommy should go. It took 6 more weeks for it happen and the university gave a guy from Alabama a chance to take over this program and make it "great." I knew then he would get us there. I have been a Dabo supporter since the day he was made interim and fired Rob Spence.

As I was toasting our win over Oklahoma with a group of Tiger fans last night I pulled this ticket out and said I wanted Alabama to win so we would get our chance.

On January 11, 2016, I will burn this ticket right before kickoff and then watch my beloved Tigers take 'Bama down and show all the doubters that this university, this coach, and this team are the real deal.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPiN pushed us to the top ten because we were on...

Jan 1, 2016, 7:18 PM

an SEC team's schedule. That's how they controlled the BCS and spoon fed all those NCs to the SEC.

We barely belonged in the top 25 much less to 10. This season ESPiN was sworn to convince America that the ACC didn't belong in the playoff because the conference is so weak.

Screw Bama, we play for ourselves. Bama has it's own problem, running an antiquated offensive scheme and recruiting linemen who can't run a 5.5-40 unless they have fallen off a cliff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPiN pushed us to the top ten because we were on...

Jan 1, 2016, 8:19 PM

Ha-ha, so the only reason we started the year #9 was because of ESPN? That's the craziest tin foil hat theory I've ever heard.

Maybe were were preseason top ten because we has a qb returning that was all acc 1st team that three 27 tds and only 6 ints. Maybe it was because we had won 9 games the year before and returned all our key players and were supposed to be really good. Maybe because we had spiller, Ford, Davis, Aaron Kelly (1st team all acc).

Alabama hadn't done anything of significance in 15 years and weren't supposed to be that good, but ESPN (who doesn't even make the preseason rankings and this was way before fpi) had little ole Clemson ranked in the top ten boost Alabama's schedule. That is just downright ignorance at its finest.

Re: ESPiN pushed us to the top ten because we were on...

Jan 1, 2016, 10:15 PM

^^someone hasn't been paying attention the past 5 years^^

Re: August 30, 2008 - Time to make amends

Jan 1, 2016, 7:19 PM

Burn the ticket in response to beating Alabama. The game has been long in coming, but Clemson is eager to prove matters.

Go Tigers!

agreed.

Jan 1, 2016, 7:32 PM

wait until after the game to burn it. and post a video!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 7:38 PM

Don't burn it till after the deed is done. It's bad juju to do it before.

Jan 1, 2016, 10:24 PM

Awesome story, awesome post. But yes, PLEASE do not burn it until AFTER we win! Then the exorcism is complete!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,993
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic