Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Auburn's qb situation...tell me where I'm wrong
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Auburn's qb situation...tell me where I'm wrong

Aug 7, 2016, 10:21 AM

So, been trying to read up on Auburn's qb situation and I've developed a few thoughts.

First, a couple/few things we know:
1) Auburn's qb play last year was less than inspiring.
2) John Franklin III (JF3)
a) Only started playing qb his sophomore year in high school.
b) Tremendous speed, but erratic arm.
c) Never came close to playing at FSU and couldn't even win the starting job at EMCC.
d) And for those who haven't seen 'Last Chance U,' has every potential to be a cancer on a football team.

That leads me to a couple of conclusions that I have drawn. First, absent significant growth, JF3 cannot and should not be expected to lead the Auburn football team in any capacity. Second, the fact that he is still in the competition with Jeremy Johnson and Sean White tells me more about their lack of progress, as opposed to any growth JF3 experienced.

Disclaimer: by no means should this be construed as my opinion on Auburn as an opponent. I respect Auburn. However, the Gus Bus seems to have run into a wall in the qb department.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn's qb situation...tell me where I'm wrong

Aug 7, 2016, 10:24 AM

Seems pretty accurate to me but Malzahn was able to take a putrid Nick Marshall and turn him into a serviceable QB so you always have to leave a little room for development in that regard.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 7, 2016, 10:27 AM

I have a feeling Gus knows it's going to be a long year for them.
So I can see them playing very dirty, I just hope we get out of there with no major injuries.

Aug 7, 2016, 10:48 AM

You're probably right, as long as you're not trying to imply that we will blow them out like some of our fine fellow Tiger fans. Consider this: Last year's Auburn-Alabama game (at Auburn) was a 29-13 game...19-13 well into the 4th quarter...22-13 until Alabama got an insurance TD with less than a minute left in the game. I will take a field goal win in the 5th overtime and be ecstatic!

Aug 7, 2016, 11:17 AM

"You're probably right, as long as you're not trying to imply that we will blow them out like some of our fine fellow Tiger fans."

Ouch - dang it - you hit me with that shot in the dark. FWIW - CLEMSON is going to route Auburn. This game will be over early in the 3rd quarter, and I doubt that DW4 plays a down in the 4th. YES - I am one of those that is predicting that CLEMSON will blow them off The Plains. CLEMSON will score at least 40+, and I doubt seriously that Auburn is going to score more than 17. I would guess they score closer to 7-10, and that's going to be in "mop up time". It's going to be NASTY.

Aug 7, 2016, 12:19 PM

I hope you're right, Streaking Tiger. It's just that nothing points to a blowout. But I, like everyone else on here, would LOVE to see it.

I've always been sort of a sunshine pumper.

Aug 7, 2016, 12:34 PM

My first take on this game was similar to yours. They have elite athletes and Malzahn is a crafty offensive coach. I've come around to the big win for Clemson perspective lately. Here's why: their leading returning rusher is gone, they don't have a QB who can beat us with his arm, and Kevin Steele.

That program is in for a rough year and it starts first game. Clemson scores early and often. Auburn not so much.

And I do worry about cowardly cheap shots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

If we win by a FG in 5 OTs (which can't happen) I'm pretty sure

Aug 7, 2016, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn's qb situation...tell me where I'm wrong ]

you'd be relieved, but I'll call b s on ecstatic.

Here's hoping to resting DW4 by choice in the 4th quarter and getting are backups some good mins on the road.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: If we win by a FG in 5 OTs (which can't happen) I'm pretty sure

Aug 7, 2016, 1:46 PM

You're right, ecstatic might have been too strong a word. But at 67 years old, having watched my beloved Tigers struggle mightily in ALL SEC environments over those years together with the fact that Auburn has a very elite roster, I will definitely be HAPPY with any kind of win we can muster. I do, however, hope you are right re. sitting DW4 in the fourth via an OK type lead. For that I will DEFINITELY be ecstatic!

Barring the loss of any key players,

Aug 7, 2016, 2:09 PM

I doubt we'll have to "muster" a win. AU is not on the most solid footing right now it would seem. There should be no doubt which is the better team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Also we had some close games with some weaker teams last year too.*****

Aug 7, 2016, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn's qb situation...tell me where I'm wrong ]

Yep, KP was speared in the back early in the 2nd half

Aug 7, 2016, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Auburn's qb situation...tell me where I'm wrong ]

at Auburn in 2010. The hit created a nagging injury for him the rest of the season. We were up by more than 2 TD's when he was speared in the back (no penalty of course). Well, we all know what happened the rest of the game and that season.

I will be there September 3rd, my wife is a former scholarship athlete at Auburn. She is every bit as intense about college football as I am, which makes it fun during football season, unless our schools are playing each other. Because of my dislike for UGa, Bama, SCAR, Miss St., Ole Miss, Tenn, and Florida, I generally pull for Auburn when they are not playing Clemson. Thankfully, my wife pulls for Clemson as well, except of course on September 3rd.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of Tyrod Taylor***

Aug 7, 2016, 10:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He only weighs 172 lbs, our dline will break

Aug 7, 2016, 11:23 AM

Him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Franklin WILL start

Aug 7, 2016, 11:34 AM

Mark that down and come back Sept 4 to discuss

What do you know that we don't?***

Aug 7, 2016, 11:48 AM