Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Auburn road trip 2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Auburn road trip 2016

Jan 14, 2016, 10:22 PM

We have decided to make the Clemson-Auburn game our big away game for next year. I have never been to Auburn for football and was looking for info from fellow tigers (and even Beer Bryant as he seems like a fairly level headed Bama fan) that have made the trip before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn road trip 2016

Jan 14, 2016, 10:26 PM

Likewise I have never made that trip but we would like to this year. Does anyone know how the game day experience is there.. i.e. Decent tailgating and are their fans decent or obnoxious

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Likewise I have never made that trip but we would like to this year. Does anyone know how the game day experience is there.. i.e. Decent tailgating and are their fans decent or obnoxious

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Fans are great.

Jan 14, 2016, 10:29 PM

When we were there, tailgating was kind of "gold rush" style...a race for the best spots. Parking was assigned, but open areas for tailgating were up for grabs.

Jan 14, 2016, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Auburn road trip 2016 ]

I made the trip the last time we played in Auburn. It was an excellent atmosphere. Great tailgating scene. The downtown bars I went to there were a good split of Clemson-Auburn fans, some with a majority Clemson. I did not experience any nasty fans. I highly recommend it.

I really like the Auburn fans and the campus is nice. I just feel like the administration and athletic department are kind of sleezy, win-at-all-cost types.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Find a buddy who lives in a nice big house in Opelika

Works for us! Seriously, I have NEVER been as hot at a football game as I was at the Auburn game in their national championship year.

Re: Find a buddy who lives in a nice big house in Opelika

Jan 14, 2016, 10:29 PM

Agreed! That day was so humid, I sweated more than I have in my life. Worse than the 2013 Georgia game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Columbus, Georgia is not far away and has some nice

Jan 15, 2016, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Find a buddy who lives in a nice big house in Opelika ]

hotel and motel digs. Suggest booking now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 10:31 PM

Tailgating is great there, but the fans can be a bit obnoxious as with any fan base. Auburn is a lot like Clemson just without the lake, lots of nice buildings and open lawns with the athletic facilities right on campus.

My only advice would be to get a hotel (if it is a night game) on the other side of the Georgia border. Drive an hour up after the game and finish the drive home in the morning. It will be cheaper and worth it in my experience, because you can hop right on the interstate and not deal with the in town traffic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will likely be taking the motorhome

Jan 14, 2016, 10:35 PM

any info on RV parking?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. Need RV parking info***

Jan 14, 2016, 11:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Found something

Jan 14, 2016, 11:11 PM

http://www.auburntigers.com/gameday/rvparking.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Re: Found something

Jan 15, 2016, 9:01 AM

Stayed at University Park RV Park for the first game of Auburn's National Championship year. Very nice park. They have shuttles to and from the stadium. On Friday night they had a fish fry that was great that was free. Then on game day they had a bar-b-que place come in and set up their portable pit. You could buy a whole bar-b-que butt, chicken, baked beans, slaw, etc. Very reasonabled priced.
While we were there Jim Davis (former Clemson Women's Coach) came in and set up next to us. Got to talk with him for awhile. That was very cool.

Below is their website.

http://www.universitystationrvpark.com/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Found something

Jan 15, 2016, 4:45 PM

This is where my aunt who went to Auburn and her family set up their RV for the season. They have done it for about the last 5 years and love it. It is a pretty nice and spot and not a bad drive from the campus. Plus they have shuttles to campus if you do not want to drive.

Something else

Jan 14, 2016, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Same here. Need RV parking info*** ]

http://www.universitystationrvpark.com/

USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon

Tmail me a reminder... I know a guy who has a spot

Jan 14, 2016, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Same here. Need RV parking info*** ]

I'm not sure what the terms are for the lot. It's not nearly as organized as Clemson parking

The eagle flying around the stadium during preface was way-cool.

Jan 14, 2016, 11:22 PM

I honestly think to this day that Kyle Parker connects with Jaron Brown for game winning TD were it not for unflagged spearing of Parker earlier in the game.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Jan 14, 2016, 11:22 PM

The atmosphere at JH is great. They're usually loud the entire game. Tailgating is fun, they'll talk **** but they aren't too hostile. The soaring of the eagle and their whole pregame is unique. I will be there, I have been to 3 auburn games with my barner buddies but missed our last trip

Where are you looking to purchase tickets from ?

Jan 15, 2016, 8:40 AM

I checked StubHub and a couple of other places. We would like to make the trip also.

Jan 15, 2016, 8:52 AM

Made the trip in 2011 with some of my fraternity brothers when I was still in school and had a blast and will be doing it again. Their campus is weirdly similar to ours. We did the fraternity scene for tailgating as our fraternity had a chapter there and it was rowdy, they actually have legit fraternity houses. Of course they have some obnoxious fans but everyone does, and for the most part they were perfect friendly. Definitely get into the stadium early enough to see that eagle it actually is pretty cool

in 2011 the game was played in Clemson***

Jan 15, 2016, 3:48 PM

Jan 15, 2016, 3:38 PM

Full disclosure - I'm a Bammer. I lived in Auburn, while my wife went to grad school there. The towns of Auburn and adjoining Opelika have about everything one could want. Great places to eat. Awesome game-day atmosphere. The tailgating is outstanding. You will find the people to be very cordial, and welcoming to an opposing fan-base. In fact, I would wear my Bama gear around campus and never hear a disparaging remark. The radical, rude fans (like at most schools) rarely (if ever) step foot on campus. Game-day parking is an issue. Arrive very early, or prepare to walk a couple of miles. I like to park near wire road. It allows a fast getaway, but isn't a bad walk. The down side to Auburn is it's location. It is an island in a sea of nothingness. If you want a larger town, Montgomery is an hour away. Birmingham and Atlanta are two two hours away. I would suggest staying in Auburn, enjoying the tailgating and pre-game atmosphere, and you will have a great time.

Columbus, GA is pretty close

Jan 15, 2016, 3:42 PM

And a heck of a lot nicer than Montgomery.

Re: Columbus, GA is pretty close

Jan 15, 2016, 3:43 PM

Yes DO NOT stay in Montgomery. Opelika is okay though.

Jan 15, 2016, 5:31 PM

The only time I went to Auburn was 1971 and there were not many Clemson fans there. The fans were nice , but Heisman winner Pat Sullivan and WR Terry Beasley destroyed us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic