Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why did we ever say anything nice about Lattimore?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Why did we ever say anything nice about Lattimore?

Oct 30, 2012, 1:29 PM

Maybe we should just keep our kind thoughts to ourselves.

Publicly praising him has just brought out the worst in USuC fans - Their coach taking it as an opportunity to bash our coach and our team and their fans supporting him.

These are the same fans (and radio announcers) that insinuated Sammy was not sick.

I feel bad for Lattimore - sorry that he made a bad decision when he choose USuC.

If he can't come back from this Spurrier and the fans will quickly forget who he was. After all, people and the school don't matter. Only winning matters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did we ever say anything nice about Lattimore?

Oct 30, 2012, 1:31 PM

Why was his decision to come to USC a bad choice? Do you think that had anything to do with his injury? Just wondering why you say he made a bad decision with USC.

Oct 30, 2012, 1:34 PM

* Poor academics
* Classless coach
* Classless fans

Take your pick

He didn't go to USC, he went to SCAR. USC probably would

Oct 30, 2012, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Why did we ever say anything nice about Lattimore? ]

have been a good choice. But SCAR, or USuCk is only a good choice when you can't get into anywhere else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If he'd chosen Auburn,

Oct 30, 2012, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Why did we ever say anything nice about Lattimore? ]

he would have a national title ring right now.

The only thing USCjr. has achieved since then is a historic @ss-whipping in the conference title game and NCAA probation.

Oh, and he's been playing for a coach who cares more about winning than he does about his players or the school.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: If he'd chosen Auburn,

Oct 30, 2012, 1:37 PM

So no real answer yet? How do you come to the conclusion that his coach cares more about winning than about the players? You're entitled to that opinion, I just don't see it like that and wonder how you got arrived there. Also if he played at Auburn he would be on a horrible team right now.

I would say USC (SCAR to you) was as good a choice as any. Everything was going great for him until this injury.

Auburn is now trying to go w/ a power-running offense,

Oct 30, 2012, 1:41 PM

so if Lattimore was there, Auburn would potentially be a better team right now (still not very good, mind you).

And things going great for him? His coach put him back on the field earlier than he should have, he only got to play in one bowl game (and that only lasted a few minutes), no Heisman, and no conference championship. Other than having the school record for rushing TDs, what parts of Lattimore's career at USuCk make you believe he made the right choice?

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Auburn is now trying to go w/ a power-running offense,

Oct 30, 2012, 1:46 PM

His coach put him on the field earlier than he should have? Do tell. He was cleared medically and ready to go. That knee is good. You do realize it's the other knee right?

As far as Heisman chances, hard to win as a freshman and it's hard to win when you don't finish the season too. Not sure how that would change at any other school.

The school is to blame for his injury in the Chick-Fil-A bowl? Seriously, that's a pretty big stretch.

What parts of Lattimore's career make me believe he made the right choice? The fact that he was/still is accomplishing the things he wanted to in college. He wanted to:
a)be a gamecock (yep he was a fan)
b)do things for the first time at the school (check)
c)compete for the school's first championship (still time left)

He couldn't have done many of those at any of the other school's you've listed. Just saying when you take into account what HE wanted to accomplish instead of what you or I think he should have done I'd say it's been a successful college career so far, right?

Part you are missing

Oct 30, 2012, 1:49 PM

Saying he was a Scar fan and that's why he went there...

He was committed to Clemson but changed when Bowden left. I'm glad Bowden is gone but had he known what Dabo was bringing he would not have changed. He changed because of the unknown. While it's hard to blame him for this, it was the wrong decision.

Re How many kids has he run off? DO YOU NEED

Nov 1, 2012, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: If he'd chosen Auburn, ]

ANYMORE?

Because SCAR is the craphole of College Football

Oct 30, 2012, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why did we ever say anything nice about Lattimore? ]

That kid could have gone anywhere, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, USC, and yes even Clemson, and he chose to go to a school that is traditionally a garbage team with garbage fans. You can get a better education at most community schools compared to SCAR, so you know it wasn't a quality of education decision. Most athletes with Lattimore's character don't choose that cesspool, those decisions are reserved for the Watson's of the world.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because SCAR is the craphole of College Football

Oct 30, 2012, 1:39 PM

If only someone had told him it was a "craphole." Haha, seriously though, I know you guys think that. I wouldn't want anyone from my family to go to Clemson. I just don't see how you can conclude that USC was a bad choice FOR HIM.

If you don't want your family going to Clemson why are you

Oct 30, 2012, 1:44 PM

on our forum?

We're happy you and your family don't want to go to Clemson. Saves the stamps on the inevitable rejection letters.

Re: If you don't want your family going to Clemson why are you

I was accepted by the way. I did apply. I went to Wofford though.

Why choose Wofford over USuCk?***

Oct 30, 2012, 1:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Why choose Wofford over USuCk?***

Oct 30, 2012, 1:50 PM

Lots of reasons. Was closer to home and I wanted to be closer to family. Had lots of friends going there. Loved the campus. It was a fun time.

Now that's funny! Point!

Oct 30, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Why choose Wofford over USuCk?*** ]

nm

Re: most rational people would?***

Nov 1, 2012, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Why choose Wofford over USuCk?*** ]

Good for you.

Oct 30, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: If you don't want your family going to Clemson why are you ]

Wofford is a good school. Not surprised you were accepted to Clemson. If you plan on going to MUSC you better learn to accept Clemson graduates - there are a lot more of them there than USuC even though Clemson is only about 1/2 the size.

Tell me one person accepted to Clemson that was not accepted by USuC. I have NEVER met one. There are thousands that have been rejected by Clemson and accepted at USuC.

Re: Good for you.

Oct 30, 2012, 1:52 PM

It is harder to get into Clemson than Carolina. I'll give you that. It actually didn't use to be that way as much as it is now. I don't mind agreeing with you on that. I visited Clemson. I just didn't care for it that much. I have some extended family that goes to Clemson now. They love it.

Anyway, this has been fun but I'm off. This was a semi-nice and nearly civilized conversation. Thanks for the debate guys, later.

Oct 30, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Why did we ever say anything nice about Lattimore? ]

because we have class

Re: Coot fans would not recognize class if it hit them in

Nov 1, 2012, 9:21 PM

the face. Why bother with them?

USuC was a bad decision because the chicken curse will haunt

Nov 1, 2012, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Why did we ever say anything nice about Lattimore? ]

him forever. It's got him twice in three years now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the same fans who constantly said CJ was faking

Oct 30, 2012, 1:33 PM

injuries to get attention

Keep in mind, Marcus didn't say or do anything

Oct 30, 2012, 1:34 PM

He is a good kid. He didn't do anything that's worth criticizing

Clemson

Well, we can criticize his judgement... ;-)***

Oct 30, 2012, 1:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After all this I will criticize his choice in schools.

Oct 30, 2012, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Keep in mind, Marcus didn't say or do anything ]

It is obvious he made a poor decision in that department.

Re: He knows it.***

Nov 1, 2012, 9:21 PM

Re: Keep in mind, Marcus didn't say or do anything

Oct 30, 2012, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Keep in mind, Marcus didn't say or do anything ]

"He is a good kid. He didn't do anything that's worth criticizing "

I don't think the OP said anything regarding this. He simply asked why we are praising him. NOBODY is really being all that critical of ML except about his choice of schools.

That said: I respect ML as a player, but I have no reason to praise him because of an injury. It saddens me that the compassion CLEMSON fans showed toward a rival's key player is met with such confrontational attitudes from that pack of idiots. Nobody gives a chit what SUC fans think anyway. They can all suck it IMO.

What everyone is forgetting

His team mates jawing before the game about trying to injure LSU players.
Good kid around a bunch of bad karma.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

because you stand up for what you believe in***

Oct 30, 2012, 1:53 PM

Because we're better.***

Oct 30, 2012, 1:56 PM

are you***

Oct 30, 2012, 2:04 PM

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

class***

Nov 1, 2012, 9:23 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic