Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Auburn 2 loss teams?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,078

Clemson vs Auburn 2 loss teams?

Nov 10, 2014, 9:33 AM

Clemson lost away @#12 and @#1.

Auburn lost @#3 and at HOME vs UNRANKED team.

What say the committee now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I'm evaluating what I'm seeing on the field....

Nov 10, 2014, 9:35 AM

even in my partiality, I don't see us being better than Auburn. We get Watson back and can get something clicking on offense, maybe. But right now we are just hanging on to beat the Syracuses and Wake Forest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the wins, but Clemson is not a top 10 team at the moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Franc is right, we've been on life support for several weeks

Nov 10, 2014, 10:05 AM

Great, hard fought wins. Let's see how we look with Watson back (and hope he stays healthy until the end of the season).

Kweshun

Nov 10, 2014, 9:37 AM

How bad would Auburn beat teams like Syracuse and Wake Forest?

That's pretty telling in my opinion.

I'm not saying Auburn is the greatest team ever fielded, but suggesting we are clearly better than Auburn is pretty ridiculous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

40-something to like 20.***

Nov 10, 2014, 9:46 AM

Re: Kweshun

Nov 10, 2014, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Kweshun ]

Auburn wouldn't diddle around for 3 qtrs at wake b 4 pulling away. If you want respect you knock teams like that out quickly. Hope last week was our bad game and this week we will get the 0 going

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2014, 10:00 AM

We clearly have been missing a great QB, and even more clear is the lack of run game. I blame that almost entirely on the OL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Kweshun ]

Spiller: Have to disagree. I was at the Auburn-A&M game and the Auburn defense is horrible to say the ;least. They play a 4-2-5 and there are huge gaps for passes over the middle which A&M exploited all day. Their pass rush is a non=factor and their secondary is a joke. On offense they're high average. QB Marshall is good but error prone which he made to lose it at the end.
This is the weakest Auburn team in several years and with DW we would have a relatively east time taking them apart.

i agree james... our offense is too explosive for Auburn to

Nov 10, 2014, 11:12 AM

handle

#onfire

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

plus a stretch of weeks off due to injury

Nov 10, 2014, 11:15 AM

all but guarantees Watson to throw for 500 yards and 6 TDs against anybody.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: plus a stretch of weeks off due to injury

Nov 10, 2014, 12:06 PM

Spiller: apparently unless anyone totally agrees with what YOU say, their thoughts count for nothing. I WAS AT THE AUBURN game AND THEIR D STINKS. I never said anything about our O line which by the way is not good but not as bad as you make it out to be. They play a 4-2-5 D and we would absolutely destroy them and it just as A&M did.
Really would appreciate you be willing to acknowledge that other people on this site just might occasionally know what they're talking about. The fact is that our biggest O problem is our play calling which is predictable, routine, and never uses the element of surprise or deception. And please don't tell me that backs in motion is an element of deception. enjoy your day

well, first i have to give you kudos

Nov 10, 2014, 12:42 PM

for reiterating your points in all caps. that method of persuasion is infallible. i'll go back and reread my post, but i don't recall mentioning the offensive line, backs in motion, or that your thoughts count for nothing.

my personal opinion remains that it's ridiculous to sit here and state that we are clearly superior to auburn. folks are picking apart their wins against ole miss and kansas state as if they shouldn't matter while forgetting that clemson is 2-3 plays away from being a 4 loss team right now. i'm also not currently part of the "oh boy watson is coming back we about to drop a hundy on them" camp. he's missed a significant amount of time, and his gaudy numbers were the result of playing two defenses that would struggle against some hs teams. do i think the offense will be better with him back? of course. however, i don't see his return as reason to claim we would clearly shred auburn. i'm not suggesting that you are doing all of the things i just mentioned, but i wanted to share my thoughts on the matter.

one question though. have you been to an auburn game this season? still unclear on that.

Re: well, first i have to give you kudos

Nov 10, 2014, 1:07 PM

Spiller: yes I went to a game each year as my granddaughter is a student there. There is no doubt that this Auburn team is considerably weaker than last year's on defense and their O would be hampered by our pass rush. They put on a good show, SEC or not, and it was a treat to see the A&M band which was nothing less than spectacular..

i think he was talking more about auburn's ineptitude on def.,

Nov 10, 2014, 11:19 AM [ in reply to i agree james... our offense is too explosive for Auburn to ]

more so than he was our offensive prowess. their offense vs. our defense is a strength on strength matchup, in clemson's favor,imo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right***

Nov 10, 2014, 11:21 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: right***

Nov 10, 2014, 11:33 AM

We would spank them in a bowl with DW.

Obviously many of you must think the coots will beat us this year too since they're sec.

i think the coots may beat us b/c they've won 5 in a row

Nov 10, 2014, 11:36 AM

and i'll believe Dabo outcoaches Spurrier when i see it.... it has nothing to do with the SEC. I don't care about the SEC...

unlike 98% of this bored

folks thinking obs won't have coots ready to

Nov 10, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: right*** ]

complete the 6-pack have lost their minds.

Auburn also has wins against K State & Ole Miss

Nov 10, 2014, 9:40 AM

Louisville and BC are our best wins to date.

Re: Auburn also has wins against K State & Ole Miss

Nov 10, 2014, 11:44 AM

Yes they do...but K State missed 3FG's and had a sure TD catch dropped and picked off. Then with Ol Miss...well 2 late fumbles with Treadwell being injured on a go ahead TD. How close was that play...if he had the ball in his left hand instead he scores. So say what you want to but they've been very lucky and opportunistic which is why they only have 2 losses.

Back to the K State game...they pretty much held Auburn in check offensively that game [remember Auburn only scored 2 td's and 2 fgs]with them only allowing like 360 yards or so. With that said...do you honestly think that we couldn't do the same with our Defense?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, well I guess while we are playing this game...

Nov 10, 2014, 11:48 AM

We are a couple plays from being a 4 loss team right now.

If we are playing this game, that is.

Auburn can score, but defense? We can defend, but score?

Nov 10, 2014, 9:41 AM

So, you have two different strengths/weaknesses.

It would be an interesting game.

With a healthy DW, I'd like our chances.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn can score, but defense? We can defend, but score?

Nov 10, 2014, 11:37 AM

We haven't beaten anyone.

Even beating a sub 500 coot team is not going to cut it. we are out.

They won at K State, at Ole Miss, and crushed LSU.

Nov 10, 2014, 9:45 AM

We beat Louisville, BC, and Cuse, and barely scraped by in all 3 of those games. Our losses might be to better teams, but their wins are much better than ours.

So you're all saying we'd have a chance. Sheesh***

Nov 10, 2014, 10:01 AM

Re: So you're all saying we'd have a chance. Sheesh***

Nov 10, 2014, 11:09 AM

They've got some good wins. Right now, we don't.

auburn is out unless they win the conference.***

Nov 10, 2014, 11:42 AM

f

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic