Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attorneys for fired Clemson board secretary seek order
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,299

Attorneys for fired Clemson board secretary seek order

Jul 30, 2016, 1:09 AM

How long is this going to go on?

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/pickens-county/2016/07/29/attorneys-fired-clemson-board-secretary-seek-order-compel-release-documents/87711812/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lawsuit !***

Jul 30, 2016, 5:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Attorneys for fired Clemson board secretary seek order

Jul 30, 2016, 8:22 AM

There is no justice in the justice system, just lawyers make cases to make money. SC is one of the worst states, we need tort reform but will never happen as the trail lawyers control the legislature

You're Right Those "Trail" Lawyers Are a Bad Bunch;)***

Jul 30, 2016, 9:10 AM

Re: You're Right Those "Trail" Lawyers Are a Bad Bunch;)***

Jul 30, 2016, 9:20 AM

Exactly, some lawyers are doing what they do best, money grubbing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just say what they really are and don't beat around the bush

Jul 30, 2016, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Attorneys for fired Clemson board secretary seek order ]

They are bushwhackers and drygulchers. I know, my baby boy is studying to be one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Troutman is out of line.

Jul 30, 2016, 12:03 PM

Troutman was fired a long, long time ago. He sued Clemson a long long time ago and the matter was closed a long long time ago. Here's the nut of the issue from way back:

"Both sides have agreed to drop the civil-court case "with prejudice," meaning neither can sue again.

The university's lawyer, Tom Bright of the Ogletree Deakins firm, released a prepared statement saying no money was paid, and there was no settlement.

"Clemson has been able to successfully defeat each claim Mr. Troutman made, both with the trial judge and on appeal, and we're pleased that this matter has been resolved in Clemson's favor," Bright said.

Clemson's legal fees in the case were about $926,000. Clemson spokeswoman Cathy Sams said this expense was more than offset by not hiring an extra auditor and support staff back in 2007 ? a move recommended by Troutman that would have cost about $386,000 a year.

Troutman, a 1974 Clemson graduate who worked for the Fluor Corp. for 30 years before his two and a half years at Clemson, estimated he spent $400,000 on costs related to the case and said he has cleaned out his life savings."

GIVE IT UP, MR. TROUTMAN AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. YOU GOT FIRED. THERE WAS CAUSE. MOVE ON.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,299
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic