Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attorney General Barr criticizes Trump saying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 750

Attorney General Barr criticizes Trump saying

Feb 13, 2020, 4:49 PM

tweets make it impossible to do his job. (liberal translation: "Trump is an idiot".)

""To have public statements and tweets made about the department, about people in the department, our men and women here, about cases pending in the department and about judges before whom we have cases, make it impossible for me to do my job," Barr said, "and to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we're doing our work with integrity."

Video here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/politics/barr-trump-twitter/index.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barr about to get drained.

Feb 13, 2020, 4:55 PM

You mess with the bull...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barr about to get drained.

Feb 14, 2020, 1:38 AM

Nah. Think again. Barr is going nowhere soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attorney General Barr criticizes Trump saying

Feb 13, 2020, 4:56 PM

Funny. I was actually surfing on Fox News and posted much the same thing.

That is big. If Barr is biting back like that, it tells you what kind of uprising he has on his hands at the DOJ.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2020, 1:36 AM

Oh, the DOJ and every other government agency is infested with rats, you can believe that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2020, 4:40 AM

Long story short, you're moron. Your cult leader Trump is a shady piece if garbage. Grow a pair and be a man and call him out.

Feb 14, 2020, 10:56 AM

Carlsbad® said:

Long story short, you're moron. Your cult leader Trump is a shady piece if garbage. Grow a pair and be a man and call him out.

Love the irony of a snowflake liberal calling someone a moron while also typing multiple grammatical errors.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's more to cover his ####

Feb 13, 2020, 5:11 PM

and/or to show that Trump didn't push his department in the sentencing criticism of Roger Stone that led to all the DOJ prosecutors on the case to resign in protest.

"The fact that the tweets are out there and correspond to things we're doing at the department sort of give grist to the mill and that's why I think it's time to stop the tweeting about the Department of Justice criminal cases," Barr said."

My interpretation of that (based on Barr's actions in the past) is that he's trying to tell the President to stop removing the "plausible deniability" defense by publicly acknowledging what they are doing privately. Trump, because he's either an idiot or because he feels emboldened by getting away with what he did with Ukraine doesn't think it matters because he knows he can get away with it.

I can certainly buy that this was coordinated, and the

Feb 13, 2020, 5:17 PM

recommendation to Trump was basically to STFU publicly about pending cases, even if he's pulling the strings behind the scenes. But that doesn't mesh with how Trump operates, either. He wants people to know that he has the power to influence anybody and everybody, however and whenever he likes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh, I still feel like Barr is his own man.

Feb 13, 2020, 5:24 PM

The guy got dragged kicking and screaming back into the political morass. I still don't feel like he's the kind of guy to eat a crap sandwich and smile because someone told him to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine we'll know in the next 24 hours, and probably a

Feb 13, 2020, 5:27 PM

lot sooner. Trump reacts or doesn't.

Take it for what it's worth, but...

Feb 13, 2020, 5:42 PM

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

What it's worth is the key phrase

Feb 13, 2020, 5:57 PM

If it came down to believing Trump or Acosta, I'd just flip a coin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I figured, which is why I said it.

Feb 13, 2020, 6:12 PM

;)

Re: Eh, I still feel like Barr is his own man.

Feb 13, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Eh, I still feel like Barr is his own man. ]

You may be right Obed. This isn't Barr's first rodeo and he knows what his legacy will be. I don't think he's going to risk his reputation over a politician.

President's should not comment on pending cases. That influences the jury pool and has for centuries been a central tenet of holding elective office. Let the Judiciary do what the judiciary does.

Re: Eh, I still feel like Barr is his own man.

Feb 14, 2020, 1:58 AM

Barr announced that his reputation didn't mean squat to him when he accepted Trump's appointment as AG and has doubled down with his criminal investigations.

"Manson guilty", Nixon declares.

Obama spoke out several times over alledged excessive force used by police.

I thought Barr applied for the job with that long editorial.

Feb 13, 2020, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Eh, I still feel like Barr is his own man. ]

he stepped right into the political morass. But his ego is just as big as Trump's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought Barr applied for the job with that long editorial.

Feb 14, 2020, 2:01 AM

None of this has anything to do with ego. There are some people in this country who understand the peril it's in and are willing to do something about it

You have the most appropriate username ever on Tigernet.

Feb 14, 2020, 10:00 AM

It's way more subtle than "trumpcoloredglasses", since it just now dawned on me what you were going for. A real thinker.

ahem***

Feb 14, 2020, 10:02 AM

Nevermind

Feb 14, 2020, 10:03 AM

I can never get the stupid mention function to work. Another joke ruined by technology.

Re: I can certainly buy that this was coordinated, and the

Feb 14, 2020, 1:50 AM [ in reply to I can certainly buy that this was coordinated, and the ]

You misread Trump. He has no faith in the system because he knows how rotten it is. He is using public platforms because it's the only pulpit he can "bully" from. The free press has been long dead.

Re: I can certainly buy that this was coordinated, and the

Feb 14, 2020, 10:12 AM

You misread Trump. He has no faith in the system because he knows how rotten it is. He is using public platforms because it's the only pulpit he can "bully" from. The free press has been long dead.

Bull. The press is freer now than it's ever been because there's so many more outlets. It's SO free, in fact, that what we're seeing essentially is a techno version of the Tower of Babble.

Some of them do indeed have an agenda...and they really don't even trouble to hide it because they know their readership don't even bother to check their bona fides.

Who owns your favorite publications, how many times have they failed fact checks, and how good is their sourcing? All that info is readily available and public domain. The answers are definitely not what the so-called "conservative media" - which is actually an anti-democratic insurrection right in plain sight - would have you believe...and again, this is easy stuff to confirm with a minimum of effort.

Most people just don't.

Re: I think it's more to cover his ####

Feb 14, 2020, 1:40 AM [ in reply to I think it's more to cover his #### ]

Just exactly what is it that Trump got away with, that he should be so emboldened above his righteous indignation.

Bombshell!

Feb 13, 2020, 5:19 PM

This could be it for Trump!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

you writing up the articles?***

Feb 13, 2020, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bombshell!

Feb 13, 2020, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Bombshell! ]

This could be it for Trump!

Indictments are imminent. Panic has set in.

He's obviously right.

Feb 13, 2020, 7:48 PM

I don't see this interview as a big deal. Good points he made. President Trump seems to not have a problem with it, per the White House. Everything's good...hopefully the President will modify his behavior accordingly.

As a %, what odds do you give Trump modifying his behavior?***

Feb 13, 2020, 10:17 PM

There's always hope.***

Feb 14, 2020, 6:51 AM

Knowing Trump believe he is perfect in every way...

Feb 14, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to As a %, what odds do you give Trump modifying his behavior?*** ]

I'm going to set the probably somewhere around .001.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2020, 1:34 AM

If it wasn't for Trump these investigations wouldn't even be happening. I do sympathize with Barr though. Trump is trying to overcome the MSM bias all on his own. There really is no one else rallying to his cause other than Fox News and some syndicated radio hosts. Barr will succeed. Maybe Trump will ease up for him.

Barr was the one to undercut his own people at DOJ

Feb 14, 2020, 11:26 AM

that's why the four prosecutors resigned. His boss creates chaos with every other whimsical dictate. There is no clarity. This chaos style of leadership leads to further destruction of the civil service/administrative state, which was the plan from the get go.

Trump and his cronies have tried to do this to every agency of government. No one wants this kind of dysfunctional government.

Replies: 32
| visibility 750
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic