Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attended Mizzou/SCAR on Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Attended Mizzou/SCAR on Saturday

Sep 24, 2019, 12:45 PM

I come from a family of Mizzou alumni/students and had circled that game as soon as Kelly announced he was transferring to Missouri. For me personally, I'll always love Kelly given he's a local boy, was on the '16 championship team, and he pantsed Miami on live television in the 2017 ACC Championship Game.

I don't really care about him sitting out and transferring - Dabo gave him that option by announcing Trevor as the starter in Week 5 last year, and he didn't transfer to a direct opponent. He also got his rings from the 2016 team, so the ring story that Finebaum and Sapakoff pushed means nothing to me. He got the one ring that counts - his Clemson graduation/alumni ring when he earned his degree last year.

I have to say, that was some of the most satisfying schadenfreude I've ever had watching the Gamecocks melt down in the warm rain in the good Columbia (or Como as they're called by locals). Kelly had a solid game - very reminiscent of 2017 victories. He had a bad pick, but was able to get his sh*t together in the second half with much more consistent passing. He regularly extended drives with his feet, and if Missouri still had Emmanuel Hall or Clemson-level WR's, he'd have had a much better game.

Gameday/in-stadium experience is a bit lacking at Mizzou, but when Death Valley is your measuring stick, it's hard to compete. They did sell beer in the stadium which was nice, and Missouri had a decent crowd. Obviously, South Carolina did not bring much fans at all, and their four sections were largely empty. Not surprising given the distance and weather. Columbia (MO) has a great gameday atmosphere in the town. More focused on going to the bars before the game than a large tailgate scene. The bars and food in town were awesome, and I suggest a visit there should you find yourself in that general region. Food-wise, it's up there with Chapel Hill and Athens.

All in all, it was a great visit. Some of the few Gamecock fans got really mad seeing me at the stadium, but I told them it was to support our man Kelly. He'll still be one of my favorites and a Clemson legend for breaking the turnover chain and sending Mark Richt to an early retirement.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cool story bro

Sep 24, 2019, 12:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sorry to hear that ... be sure to go to the Dr and get your

Sep 24, 2019, 12:52 PM

antibiotics regimen

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attended Mizzou/SCAR on Saturday

Sep 24, 2019, 1:02 PM

Just confirm to all that you did NOT wear a "Clemson for Mizz U" shirt!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 1:05 PM

Nah, wore a Mizzou polo and a Clemson hat.

Sep 24, 2019, 1:18 PM

My sis and brother and law of a combined 6 degrees from Mizzou. I wore my Mizzou sweatshirt on Friday to work to the angst of the local chickens. I said, "Hey, what's the issue? You wear hound's-tooth every January."

Sep 24, 2019, 2:01 PM

I too have no problem with Kelly Bryant. I like Kelly, but he will not ever be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He will be 2nd or 3rd string at best. I wish him well, and he still beat the Coots easily.

Awesome recap. I love to hear about fellow Tigers going to

Sep 24, 2019, 2:20 PM

other stadiums.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic