Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At what point do we stop complaining about no respect, and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

At what point do we stop complaining about no respect, and

Dec 22, 2019, 7:55 AM

go on about our business? It seems that many of us pay a lot of attention to what folks outside say, and let it wad our pantaloons. The more we gripe, post and complain about it, the more they control us (I'm posting about it now). I've stopped watching as much, and when I do, I just know that they haven't watched as much Clemson football as we have, they don't know this team and coaches like we do, they don't know the Clemson family, so, ---- em.

That said, FIRE UP THE ROY BUS!!!!!

Go Tigers! Beat the buck nuts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At what point do we stop complaining about no respect, and

Dec 22, 2019, 8:14 AM

We are fans, that is what we do. That is why we have message boards. I can tell you that Dabo uses it as fuel which is why I don’t know why people like Finebaum get so butthurt about it. He is just fueling the message Dabo is putting out for his players to use. I don’t see an issue with it at all for either the program nor the fans. It makes it that much sweeter when we kick their behinds.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2019, 8:47 AM

You have a point as I also watch little sports programming outside of actual games. The counterpoint is the only way to counter bad info is with the truth. For too long the media has pushed a false narrative but that time is over. We will hold them accountable.

Dec 22, 2019, 9:43 AM

Dabo handles this problem for all of us. Sit back and enjoy the ride!
Join Iptay and support Clemson athletics.

kind of like the regular news

Dec 22, 2019, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: At what point do we stop complaining about no respect, and ]

it's all about an agenda today

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the spirit of Christmas, EFF whoever TD'd this. You're

Dec 22, 2019, 9:51 AM

probably one of the people who leave in the 3rd quarter of wins. Bandwagon a - whole

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when everyone agrees with us that we are the best***

Dec 22, 2019, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2019, 9:57 AM

Clemson became the champs by dethroning what some thought was one of the best teams in CFB history. Clemson has the team, best player, best incoming player, best incoming class, best coach, and absolutely no in-conference competition. Things literally couldn't be better for Clemson fans. Still, the fan base seems to long for approval.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2019, 10:22 AM

Very well said. There is an element of all fan bases who focus on "disrespect" because that is how they are programmed. They have to be mad at something.

When it comes to Clemson football, I'm an "enjoy the ride" kind of guy. The constant whining about lack of respect (or about anything) when you've won 2 of the last 3 titles, have a great coaching staff, have a great recruiting class, etc amazes me.

Dec 22, 2019, 10:28 AM

I get that other fan bases will take shots at teams. Even a team as on top of the world as Clemson is. It's rivaly and part of the fun of it all. I don't understand the constant griping from Clemson fans about what Paul Finebaum says, or the perceived slights by ESPN talking heads, or the actual belief that there is some kind of bias at work trying to keep their team down.

Dec 22, 2019, 10:37 AM

I don't understand it either other than there is a segment of the human gene pool who aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. Just the way it is. Clemson fans aren't the only ones guilty. Right now we are the MOST guilty because our team is on top of the college FB world.

I fully understand why others perceive us as annoying and insecure.

Dec 22, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: At what point do we stop complaining about no respect, and ]

Sportscasters have two main biases - laziness and sensationalism.

Dec 22, 2019, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: At what point do we stop complaining about no respect, and ]

AFDAWG said:

Clemson became the champs by dethroning what some thought was one of the best teams in CFB history. Clemson has the team, best player, best incoming player, best incoming class, best coach, and absolutely no in-conference competition. Things literally couldn't be better for Clemson fans. Still, the fan base seems to long for approval.

Nope, not looking for approval from anyone. What we are looking for is what we have earned in the s of respect and the benefit of the doubt...the same way that a SEC teams gets the benefit of the doubt. Do you really believe that Bama would have dropped from first to fifth while going undefeated regardless of how they played? Not in a million years

Dec 22, 2019, 11:18 AM

Clemson has gotten the benefit of the doubt. They were out of the Top 4 for about five minutes. Why? Because the teams ranked above them had better wins. That's not Clemson's fault and doesn't mean they were better than Clemson. I've read tons of criticism here in the past about Bama's high ranking and weak schedule. Be consitent. Clemson's best win is over #23 Virgina. That doesn't mean Clemson isn't a national championship caliber team but it does explain why a team or teams might be ranked above them. The same institutions (if that's the correct term) that people here accuse of bias against Clemson, voted Clemson preseason #1.

Dec 22, 2019, 11:52 AM

And this is why we have a playoff - so it is decided on the unbiased field.

Do y'all remember how bad the biases were when the champion was decided by a vote alone.

Dec 22, 2019, 9:57 AM

We're basically back in Talking Season until the Semi's. That's when the complaining stops and the beatings continue.

Dec 22, 2019, 9:58 AM

And I'll tell you right now if we smoke tOSU like last time almost every ######## out there is gonna be on our wagon to cross the finish line.

Dec 22, 2019, 11:54 AM

Well, to be fair, whichever team wins the Clemson/OSU match-up should be favored over LSU or OK.

You make an excellent point. The only disrespect that I feel

Dec 22, 2019, 10:23 AM

needs an answer is when a certain idiot on a certain channel goes along with the following excuses: Alabama was tired, Clemson got to play Notre Dame while Bama played Oklahoma (even though that was reversed in the 2015 season, sub Michigan State for Notre Dame. Or to sit there and see a supposed professional disrespect a coach, a team and program by calling the entire town and fanbase idiots, is pure blatant contempt because we beat the beloved SEC ruler. And that went on for months. But as time went and I recognized the slime for what he was, I gave it less and less attention.

But more to your point. You are exactly right. We have the pedigree now to look down on anyone of that ilk and laugh. We have as many playoff appearances as anyone, the best playoff winning percentage of any team in the land. We have won 2 of the last 3 national championships. Win or lose in this playoff, our playoff history speaks for itself. Like the idiot himself says, the schedule wasn't an issue in the 2016 season as the ACC was the best conference, nor the 2015 as we had Notre Dame victory in regular season. As for the schedule in 2018, you cant say anything because of the way we blew out the playoff opponents.

But you are right, the bottom line is we are of a stature now that we don't have to say anything at all. Just respond with a slight grin that says, get back to me when you have 5 playoff appearances, 3 playoff national title game appearances, 2 playoff national championship trophies to go along with one from the 1980's in your trophy case, and you have denied Alabama 2 national titles by beating their a## is the title game. Hope they remember that we just secured the #1 recruiting class in the nation and go about your business.

Win or lose vs Ohio State this week, no matter the score, and none of that changes.

Since 2015 season
68-4
5 ACC Championships
5 Playoff Appearances
3 Semi-Final Victories and maybe a 4th this year
3 National Title Game appearances and maybe a 4th this year
2 National Championships and maybe a 3rd this year
Record vs the SEC is unreal
Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl, 2 Fiesta Bowls, Sugar Bowl
And that doesn't include 2 other Orange Bowls this decade as well as a Peach Bowl over LSU.

And this below says it all as to why the SEC is Butt hurt. 12-2 and that doesn't include 2012 win over LSU, 2011 and 2012 wins over Auburn, 2013 win over Georgia. Nothing needs to be said, they know all of it very well.

2019/11/30 Clemson 38 - South Carolina 3 W
2019/09/07 Clemson 24 - Texas AM 10 W
2019/01/07 Clemson 44 - Alabama 16 W !! CFP Championship !!
2018/11/24 Clemson 56 - South Carolina 35 W
2018/09/08 Clemson 28 - Texas AM 26 W
2018/01/01 Clemson 6 - Alabama 24 L !! Sugar Bowl !!
2017/11/25 Clemson 34 - South Carolina 10 W
2017/09/09 Clemson 14 - Auburn 6 W
2017/01/09 Clemson 35 - Alabama 31 W !! CFP Championship !!
2016/11/26 Clemson 56 - South Carolina 7 W
2016/09/03 Clemson 19 - Auburn 13 W
2016/01/11 Clemson 40 - Alabama 45 L !! CFP Championship !!
2015/11/28 Clemson 37 - South Carolina 32 W
2014/11/29 Clemson 35 - South Carolina 17 W

Dec 22, 2019, 11:49 AM

I agree with you, but the media (whoever they are) is never going to give ANY team as much respect as their fan base so there is always this gap.

Secondly, it is much harder to just enjoy the team when they make me wait 3 freakin' weeks to play the most important game of the season !! I'm losin' my mind up in here !!!

Dec 22, 2019, 11:58 AM

As long as we get into the CFP I don't mind the team being questioned because we get to decide it on the field - as it should be.

However, some of the individual slights - like ETN and our O-Line not even being a finalists for their respective awards bothers me a bit. I am glad that the kids are more focused on the Natty, but after all of their dedication and hard work, they shouldn't have to choose. They should get to compete for both.

Dec 22, 2019, 12:47 PM

When it stops working! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic