Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Take off your garnet colored glasses and...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Take off your garnet colored glasses and...

Nov 8, 2013, 12:30 AM

explain to me why you think a team that lost to a terrible UT team and barely beat Vanderbilt, lost to the UGA team we beat, and that plays an SEC Least schedule facing none of the top 4 teams from the SEC west, can beat us so easily as you coot lovers claim?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take off your garnet colored glasses and...

Nov 8, 2013, 12:31 AM

because our offense is inconsistent.. and our qb panicks as much as our OC does.. and we have NO running game.. sums it up..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ this...

Nov 8, 2013, 12:33 AM

this offense we run has had tons of trouble with usuc's defense over the past 4 years.until they prove me wrong ill expect more trouble again this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ this...

Nov 8, 2013, 1:48 PM

We have only had this offense for two years so I don't know how it has struggled for four against usuc

SCAR's 2013 defense is a mere shadow of their 2010-1012

Nov 8, 2013, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Take off your garnet colored glasses and... ]

defensive units.

Shoot, even last year we averaged over 5 yards per carry on the ground against SCAR's defense, but we lost that game because our defense could not get off the field on 3rd down.

Thankfully, our defense is much better today than the last time we played SCAR. Having Peters back in the secondary depth for the first time since before the FSU game will help as well. Not to mention our pass rush against a less than stellar SCAR OL.

We will beat SCAR because of our defense being better than anytime since 2008.

Someone should tell our 200 rushing yards/game

Nov 8, 2013, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Take off your garnet colored glasses and... ]

that we have NO running game...

Nov 8, 2013, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Take off your garnet colored glasses and... ]

Someone should tell SC's OL that has paved the way for a 1,00 yard rusher in 9 games and given up less than a sack a game that they are less than stellar....

Nov 8, 2013, 9:46 AM

Someone should tell Clemson's OL that has paved the way for a 1,000 yard rusher in 9 games the same. Hot Rod is closing in a the 1,000 yard mark and should get it over the next 3 games. Just saying!

Nov 8, 2013, 9:50 AM

Hot Rod is no where near 1000 yards in 9 games. He'll be lucky to get 1000 after scujr game....he'd have to average over 100 ypg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2013, 10:04 AM

Roderick McDowell has 677 rushing yards which is not overly impressive however he could get there. Possibly gaining half of the 323 yards needed to get to 1,000 against Citadel and needs just 80 or so yard average against GA Tech & USCjr. Might happen or might not but could.

Nov 8, 2013, 10:08 AM

He has 2 100 yard games all season. I seriously doubt he'll get 3 100 yard rush games in a row and def not vs citadel where howard, brooks and davis will get a lot of time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2013, 10:11 AM

Not arguing with you however it could happen and that is all I was saying.

Nov 8, 2013, 10:12 AM

no that is not what you said. lol

But I understand what you're trying to say :)

Nov 8, 2013, 10:17 AM

My bad for being an idiot and suggesting something that some may not agree with.

and I thought coot math and logic was bad... :-O *****

Nov 8, 2013, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Take off your garnet colored glasses and... ]

Nov 8, 2013, 12:32 AM

Well I think we should win, but no team plays the same way every week. If that was the case, SC would have lost at Mizz after losing to Tenn. We just have to go in and play our A game....and play a BC, FSU and MD type game.

Nov 8, 2013, 12:34 AM

I do wish we had a big RB to take the pressure off Boyd. It sucks not having that 215-220 lb back for short yardage and pound the D-line.

So let me get this straight, if the guy asks for honest

Nov 8, 2013, 12:34 AM

opinions on the game and you give an answer that you think the coots should probably be favored, which is about the best objective gauge you can use, you are a coot lover?

apparently...

Nov 8, 2013, 12:50 AM

i guess that person didnt understand the term "remove orange colored glasses"

Yes. Coot.***

Nov 8, 2013, 6:59 AM [ in reply to So let me get this straight, if the guy asks for honest ]

Your 12 year track record of 99% gives you away :-O *****

Nov 8, 2013, 7:33 AM [ in reply to So let me get this straight, if the guy asks for honest ]

Wrong Clemsonhitter....

Nov 8, 2013, 12:35 AM

Our offense isn't inconsistent. We've scored 40 and 59 points the past two games. Our oline hasn't played good but the only game that has affected us was FSU. And the coots are nowhere near as talented as the coots. Tajh doesn't panic , he has played great under pressure all year. Again take those garnet colored glasses off .

Re: Wrong Clemsonhitter....

Nov 8, 2013, 12:48 AM

we aren't inconsistent? what CLemson team are you watching? how many games have we went 3 and out MULTIPLE times.. because we throw the ball every down? WE HAVE NO RUNNING GAME.. . and we have been running 4 running backs ALL SEASON.. because we scored 59 on UVA? let me go down the list of games so i can explain why we are inconsistent..

UGA 38 points.. first game jitters offense didnt play well yes #5 team in the nation

SCST.. need i says more.. we score 52 points 14 came from defense.. Tajh and the offense looked liked zombies

NCST- 26pts Offense couldnt get anything going no run game.. OLine flat out SUCKED...

Wake Forest 56 points we looked decent.. should have been over end of the first quarter.. oline looked like doodoo

Syracuse 49 points.. Cuse is terrible on defense and it showed.. Oline like crap no run game..

BC- NO Running game.. no offense.. it was terrible.. defense saved us this game..

FLORIDA STATE.. ONE DIMENSIONAL all pass NO RUN equaled ### WHOOPING OF EPIC PROPORTIONS.. QB panicked, OC panicked, down 17-7 lets go for it on forth down.. lets not try to run the ball screw it we will let tajh help us come back.. NOT!!!!

Maryland.. Oline sucked no running game.. luckily Maryland is worse than we are.. or we would have lost.. point blank..

UVA... need we say anything.. how terrible is UVA.. lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are over 110 teams wishing they had our problems.***

Nov 8, 2013, 8:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Wrong Clemsonhitter....

Nov 8, 2013, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Wrong Clemsonhitter.... ]

You can't be serious tigerking.....even the person who farts the brightest rainbows admits our offense has been inconsitent. Screw orange colored glasses. Your pupils are orange.....sheesh

Wrong tigerking79...

Nov 8, 2013, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Wrong Clemsonhitter.... ]

Boyd has not played consistent all year, but he's only human. All teams have weaknesses- we have a running game, but it is dependent on the passing game so always a big dependence on QB play and a QB can't play great every game. SC's defensive line is on par with FSU-not as deep, but better pass rushers. Us so called garnet colored glasses wearers are basically calling the game a 50/50. I think it's you orange colored glasses wearers that are unrealistic, and some of you were saying the SAME things this time last year. I think Clemson would win a series at a neutral field, but one game on their field with a 4 game losing streak monkey on our back and 50/50 is hard to argue against.

Re: Wrong tigerking79...***

Nov 8, 2013, 10:28 AM

Surroundedtiger have fun watching your coots...

Nov 8, 2013, 12:38 AM

Lose to UF next week

lol, nice answer to the question. You pegged me I guess.***

Nov 8, 2013, 12:42 AM

Tigerfan42069 the coots defense is went way down...

Nov 8, 2013, 12:39 AM

This year. Good defenses don't let Vanderbilt and UT back in the game.

as i said until they prove me wrong..

Nov 8, 2013, 12:41 AM

i will not be expecting anything.we see these same arguments the past few years " well usuc struggled against a crap team" and so on.but the results never favor us.remember our offense tends to be inconsistent as well. i mean they struggled against sc state for christ sakes

Nov 8, 2013, 12:44 AM

Thank you for being the voice of reason. There's an abundance of coots here as of late, I wish some of these "clemson fans" would go ahead and trade in their orange for a mike Davis jersey.

Since you asked, I'll give an honest answer

Nov 8, 2013, 7:32 AM

My coot D is not as good but our O is much better and balanced. Your O is not as good, no real 2nd WR or RB to replace Nuk and Ellington, but your D is much better, especially your D-line. I think all of that evens out.

The game is at W-B and SOS has CHANGED THE CULTURE. The players and the fans now EXPECTED to win these big games. This team is 3-0 vs CU, 3-1 vs UGA, 2-1 vs FL, 3-1 vs TN, has beaten Neb, MI, AL and MO.

Connor Shaw is unbeaten at home, Tajh is a great qb but has had very little success against SC.

I do not think it will be an easy win for either team but I do think the home team wins this by about 3.

A BCS Bowl bid at stake, potentially for both teams, can bring national attention to our game and "rivalry"*.
(Dabo doesn't think it is a rivalry)

Now, let me then turn YOUR question around:
explain to me why you think a CU team that got drilled at home in a HUGE game, struggled with BC and Maryland and plays an ACC schedule, doesn't have a single player who has beaten the coots, has taken a step back on O and couldn't beat us last year at your place against a backup QB, is coming to W-B and going to win? (yes I know that is the longest run on sentence ever)

Just taking a shot at replying to your question

Nov 8, 2013, 9:08 AM

"a CU team that got drilled at home in a HUGE game" -- FSU will beat Alabama by two TDs if Alabama doesn't turn the ball over.
"struggled with BC and Maryland" -- played down to competition
"plays an ACC schedule" -- at at least one point this year, the ACC was the only conference to have three top then teams. So this question is invalidated.
"doesn't have a single player who has beaten the coots" -- Clemson has had several four year winning streaks in this series. Carolina still prevented the fifth win.
"has taken a step back on O" -- it's a small step
"couldn't beat us last year at your place against a backup QB" -- game-planned for Shaw and Thompson is capable of beaten a defense that wasn't prepared for him

My reply

Nov 8, 2013, 9:41 AM

"a CU team that got drilled at home in a HUGE game" -- FSU will beat Alabama by two TDs if Alabama doesn't turn the ball over.
---You say that as if it is a fact, perhaps, we will see in Jan

"struggled with BC and Maryland" -- played down to competition
---using that thought process, SC was up big against Vandy and UCF and then relaxed

"plays an ACC schedule" -- at at least one point this year, the ACC was the only conference to have three top then teams. So this question is invalidated.
---One of those teams, FSU kicked butt and is very good, Miami is a fraud and you don't play them anyway. While TN was a very bad loss, our best wins at MO and at UCF. The home field advantage helped you vs UGA, hurt us vs UGA and will help us with CU.

"doesn't have a single player who has beaten the coots" -- Clemson has had several four year winning streaks in this series. Carolina still prevented the fifth win.
---I'm sorry that I just don't buy into "history" that the current players/coaches have no connection with or direct experience. Just as "Clemsoning" was a Tommy Bowden issue and is a non-issue now.

"has taken a step back on O" -- it's a small step
who on your current team compares to Nuk and Ellington?

"couldn't beat us last year at your place against a backup QB" -- game-planned for Shaw and Thompson is capable of beaten a defense that wasn't prepared for him
----WOW oh WOW!!! Then CU should play Cole Stoudt the entire game, right?

Re: My reply

Nov 8, 2013, 10:44 AM

You keep talking like that Joel and maybe we will play Cole Stoudt....

First, you asked for an explanation of why someone might

Nov 8, 2013, 1:46 PM [ in reply to My reply ]

think a CU team would win in Wms-Brice. That's what I gave you. Whether or not you are convinced is not pertinent to the answer.

Second, maybe SC did relax in those games. There have been many, many instances in which SC played down to the opposition, too.

Third, if you mean "scheduling," say so and don't hide behind the conference crap.

Fourth, I didn't say "history" would have anything to do with it. I said that Clemson has had four year runs in the past and they weren't stretched to five games, not because "history" was against us but because it's very hard to maintain the confluence of talent level, coaching, focus and breaks.

Fifth, I think Sammy compares somewhat favorably to Nuk. And Rod may not have all the skills AE has, but I think he runs harder.

Sixth, perhaps you haven't noticed but Thompson has a different skillset and different shortcomings than does Shaw.

Nov 8, 2013, 7:42 AM

Tigers win by 60 or 70 points because we have superheros on our team,coached by superheros.......they, of course, do not!

In the past 4 years it has been a mental game.

Nov 8, 2013, 8:00 AM

USuC has wanted it more. They came into our house last year with a bunch of back ups and wore us out. No way were they the better team.

It's all about the mentality.

There's something in these hills.

To be fair, the Vandy game wasn't all that close

Nov 8, 2013, 8:03 AM

They let Vandy get into garbage time too soon, and Vandy had a lucky string of drives to make it close. That game was a blowout until SC let their guard down.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda like the $CU/Missouri game***

Nov 8, 2013, 8:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 8, 2013, 8:38 AM

There are two things that concern me:
1. Our O line... will not give Tajh adequate time and we know what happens when he has insufficient time to let his receivers' routes develop. I hope we practice hard on the quick hits and crossing routes.

2. Our secondary... C Shaw is a very accurate QB who doesn't get rattled. If he has time, their receivers will get open and he will hit them.

Why even ask the question

Nov 8, 2013, 8:38 AM

If you can't be reasonable?

We like our chances being a physical team playing your finesse style.

Your defense hasn't shown that it can stop a good offense. We will score points.

The question is whether our defense can force Boyd off his first read. If we can't, you guys probably win. It we force him off his first read, we win.

That's reasonable.***

Nov 8, 2013, 10:44 AM

Nov 8, 2013, 8:54 AM

I don't think this is an easy win for either team, but it all happens at the line of scrimmage and I think SC has the OL to keep Clemson's offense off the field and control time of possession. Keep under estimating SC DL if you want, but they are still very effective and will get pressure. Shaw's running ability along with Davis's will negate that pressure that CU will undoubtedly bring.
Lastly... Home field advantage. Should be a great game either way!

These two teams are capable....

Nov 8, 2013, 9:03 AM

of playing really well at times and really crappy at times.

It all boils down to which team shows-up and plays better on that one particular day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 8, 2013, 9:08 AM

First, I'm no coot so don't go there. If we lose number 5, I may literally be sick. But let's be honest. Our problem is we kill the weak teams because we can throw the deep ball. The weak teams can't match our speed and our OL gives Tajh a little more time. However, when we face a team like FSU and the coots we don't win because we have no real running game to speak of. We do not play power football when we have to. If we could have gotten a run game going with FSU it might have opened up the pass. As bad as the coots have looked, they do have a good OL & DL and Mike Davis is hard to stop. Look at Oregon last night. A good aggressive defense beats spread teams. Oregon will dominate lesser teams but would never beat Alabama. The only way we beat the coots at the roach is with our improved D. Stop Mike Davis and don't let Conner Shaw beat you with his legs. Here is the bigger question... If we don't beat them this year with our 5th year senior QB and improved D, when will we? The coots say they are the youngest team in the FBS this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2013, 9:12 AM

Aren't you the one who has made a similar post the past few years?

Bottom line is, we've heard the EXACT same stuff you just listed for the past few years now. Hasn't mattered.

I'll believe when I see it, and when the players show the fight you want to see in a rivalry.

Have to agree with Spurrier on playing Clemson

Nov 8, 2013, 10:34 AM

After last season he said something like, "when we play Clemson, they don't seem to play that well".

My worry is that Clemson is going to go into this game feeling like they have to win. Our fan base sure is grumbling.

In close games against the easier teams the offense has been good at not panicking, not turning the ball over too much and hanging on to win the winnable games.

FSU rattled the offense and it managed one solid drive in the first half. The rest we played like FSU's toilet paper.

USuC is a good team and we are playing in their house. If we get down early by more than 10 I just don't think the O can hold it together.

The defense has got to keep it close so the offense doesn't collapse on itself. This is the key to the game. Brent and his boys have to win with one for us.

Re: Have to agree with Spurrier on playing Clemson

Nov 8, 2013, 10:35 AM

We managed 3 or 4 solid drives in the first half. We jsut made dumb mistakes at the end of each of them.

Can't turn the ball over and have to sustain drives.***

Nov 8, 2013, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Have to agree with Spurrier on playing Clemson ]

Nov 8, 2013, 10:39 AM

Not a coot lover, but Boyd has yet to proof he can beat them. Let's hope he at least goes out a winner.

I say we taking the coots down!

Nov 8, 2013, 10:45 AM

NM

They can talk until we show them different. We're 0-4***

Nov 8, 2013, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they beat us easily and I'm not sure they

Nov 8, 2013, 11:16 AM

beat us at all, but the fact is that they are better in the trenches than we are again this year, and that has been the difference the past four years.

I'm sure Vegas doesn't have garnet colored glasses.

Nov 8, 2013, 11:20 AM

If we played the Coots today, the spread would between pick'em and 3 either way so they can definitely beat us at home. I think we win a very close game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At this point it is hard to find a reason why SC fans...

Nov 8, 2013, 1:08 PM

would not be confident about the game in November, because quite honestly last year's Clemson team was more competitive vs FSU in Tallahassee and steamrolled the ACC teams like BC, NCState and Maryland.

SC handled that team with Dylan Thompson and without Lattimore\Wilds\Davis in Death Valley.

SC still has to make it thru UF without serious injuries but I do not know why a healthy SC team would not think that they would win the November game at home.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic