Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At the Clemson football games. . Do any of you have experience with the wineguard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

At the Clemson football games. . Do any of you have experience with the wineguard

Aug 12, 2015, 11:10 AM

Carryout mp1. And direct tv?

I use a big #### direct tv 3lnb dish that gets the job done but is a pita to tote around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: At the Clemson football games. . Do any of you have experience with the wineguard

Aug 12, 2015, 11:15 AM

I have not had personal experience with these - I use a 3LNB dish also - but if you go this route, you will not have HD. These only operate in standard definition.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only the swm dishes get direct tv hd. And those things

Aug 12, 2015, 11:21 AM

Are monstrous. i red You can get pieces and parts to get hd from your 3lnb, but that is more money and more hassle.

Standard is ok. I use to use a regular 18 and moved to the 3 lnb three years ago thinking with three I would have easier time getting and holding signals. Aint true. Wish I didn't throw that 18 away now . It was way easier to tote around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I had the carryout GM1518 and it worked fantastic, setup

Aug 12, 2015, 11:23 AM

was a breeze. Power it on and it found the sats automatically in a couple of minutes.

HOWEVER, I had Dish so I received HD channels. With DirecTV you only get standard definition.

Up to you on what you want to sacrifice. Extra time with setup/bulkyness or only have SD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem with sd. Direct tv hd is too expensive

Aug 12, 2015, 11:31 AM

Or too much hassle .

The gm1518 is outside my price comfort.

My budget forces me to use manual dishes. I'm looking for more portable.

May just buy another 18inch. The mp 1 is still $160. I can find direct tv 18 inch dishes on the side of the rd.

Re: At the Clemson football games. . Do any of you have experience with the wineguard

Aug 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

I have that dish with DTV. It's very easy to set up, we drink a little and listen to music while we cook which makes HD not a necessity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of the negative reviews say you need buy an extra power

Aug 12, 2015, 11:58 AM

Source is that true?

I'm hoping those reviewers are just trying to use the wrong dtv receiver.

Re: At the Clemson football Games? We use the Tailgaiter

Aug 12, 2015, 11:44 AM

and Dish. Use Dish to go service. You only pay for month to month. It's 30 days and the price depends on what pkg you use. You can get the receiver at camping world for less than 100.00 if you have a camping world membership. Tailgaiter costs about 250.00 and automatically finds the satellite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. Have used the tailgater for a couple

Aug 12, 2015, 12:00 PM

of years without any problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really have considered that even though I already have dtv.

Aug 12, 2015, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: At the Clemson football Games? We use the Tailgaiter ]

What is the monthly rate to get the sports channels. . Fox, espn , espn2, the u , sports south?

Love my Tailgater!!!!***

Aug 12, 2015, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: At the Clemson football Games? We use the Tailgaiter ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

Aug 12, 2015, 1:03 PM

I have a Winegard carryout, don't know if there are different models, mine looks like a little dome. It locks in automatically....Works fantastic! can be up and going in less than 10 minutes.... just make sure if you go that route to find out the set up for your dish from their customer service ahead of time...although they have some limited customer service support on Saturdays you will be lucky if they call you back in a timely manner. Just set it up in your yard during business hours one time and have them talk you through if needed. After that write down your settings and you will be good to go. You will not have to set your dip switches under the dome but one time and then you are set up forever. There may be a comprehensive you tube video now that takes you through the whole thing but I bought mine when they first came out 4 or 5 years ago and there was very limited support. I bought the power supply to plug in to my generator but don't waste your money on that...plug it in to your aux / cigarette lighter once your locked in you can unplug it and put it up...it is not a constant drain on power...good luck I love mine!

There are at least 3 versions. 1 manual, 1 semi auto, 1 fully auto

Aug 12, 2015, 1:23 PM

Seems you have the fully auto. They are $500.

Re: There are at least 3 versions. 1 manual, 1 semi auto, 1 fully auto

Aug 12, 2015, 5:16 PM

Mine definitely is the fully auto....I paid $582 for it with the 12 volt to 120 adapter (that you do not need)and three day shipping... four years ago when they first came out.

Aug 12, 2015, 5:31 PM

The Winegard Carryout MP1 works great for me .

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic