Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At that exact moment when Renfrow caught the ball.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

At that exact moment when Renfrow caught the ball.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:11 PM

I sat right down on the floor quiet and watched the spectacle. It was a moment I will never forget.

How did y'all react?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At that exact moment when Renfrow caught the ball.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:15 PM

I went out on our back deck and let out one of those "Finding Bigfoot" yells.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Bobo come running? Hopefully, it wasn't that other guy,

Jan 11, 2017, 2:55 PM

Renee

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Grown men, jumping up and down like kids, hugging and

Jan 10, 2017, 9:16 PM

high-fiving everyone around us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I was jumping around like a 5 yr old on skiddles***

Jan 10, 2017, 9:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was jumping around like a 5 yr old on skiddles***

Jan 11, 2017, 10:58 AM

I too jumped around like a 5 year old on Red Bull and cotton candy.

Re: Grown men, jumping up and down like kids, hugging and

Jan 10, 2017, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Grown men, jumping up and down like kids, hugging and ]

Same here man.

I can backup his story***

Jan 11, 2017, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Grown men, jumping up and down like kids, hugging and ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 9:19 PM

My Son in law came over to watch the game with me. My daughter and grandkids were asleep on the couch beside me while me, my wife and son in law watched the game. When Renfrow made that catch I jumped up and down pumping my fist in air yelling yes yes yes as quietly as a could while my wife was trying to tell me to not wake up the grandbabies. I had to go in the other room just to let out the emotion of the 35 year wait. It was freaking awesome, Go Tiger's!!!

Similarly I held my yell until

Jan 10, 2017, 9:24 PM

Commuting to work and streaming WCCP early this morning. They played some clips, and I yelled like crazy in the car.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fell to my knees in the same spot as I did

Jan 10, 2017, 9:19 PM

when we lost that game to Auburn at Jordan years ago. I felt the entire spectrum of emotions from then to the moment we won the National Championship last night. Full circle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

had to air scream my mother in law moved in with us

Jan 10, 2017, 9:24 PM

and was stone cold zonked out

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cried like a baby in the stadium.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:25 PM

I'm two for three. Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too !!!***

Jan 10, 2017, 9:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Me too! So were a bunch of others with me in section 214.***

Jan 10, 2017, 10:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ MEEEEEEEE, TOO - - - exactly the same***

Jan 11, 2017, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Cried like a baby in the stadium. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Both hands over mouth and they stayed there until

Jan 10, 2017, 9:26 PM

after the review of the onside kick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jumped off the couch screaming with my fist in the air

Jumped up so high, my fist hit the ceiling. I didn't even realize I was bleeding until 5 min later. Then I broke out in tears...just in disbelief

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

total freak out, running around the room

awesome

11 year old son and I shot a couple of fireworks into air

Big mortar type ones. I wanted to make sure my Bama neighbor about 4 houses down heard it loud and clear

Jan 10, 2017, 9:28 PM

I was at the game right across the field and saw it all develop and unfold, and I grabbed my son and we just high fived, then hugged and stood there wallowing in the jubilation of knowing that we had conquered the "Mighty SEC Hero Daddy, Alabama. I never shall forget that moment, and I told my son that he would remember it until the day he dies, as well. It will be a picture, graphically remembered that our grand children will grow tired of hearing about it. (That will be their problem, because it will be top of mind for eternity.)

Jan 10, 2017, 9:34 PM

I was also there with my 7 year old and did the same thing. Myself and everyone around him told him that this was a day he would NEVER forget.

Jan 11, 2017, 10:41 AM

Such a special thing for a father and son or daughter to experience together. So glad I was able to be there with him, and so proud I have a wife who gave up her ticket for him go instead to make that moment what it was. So Blessed! Best wife and mother in the world! (and I know there are many others who are that blessed, too)

I scared the #### out of my sleeping dog.***

Jan 10, 2017, 9:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I scared the #### out of my sleeping dog.***

Jan 11, 2017, 5:45 AM

I think there were alot of dogs and cats that got the shock of their lives! :)

I hugged a man I had only met a few hours early

Jan 10, 2017, 9:31 PM

sitting by me in the stands. He was a TB Bucs fan just there to see a good game. At that moment, he was a Clemson fan. He fell in love with Renfrow, because he loves Adam Humphries already.

screamed/loudly whoooooped. looked for flags.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:35 PM

then screamed/loudly whoooooped some more.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Re: Being the cynic that I am, I kept waiting for a hankie

Jan 10, 2017, 9:37 PM

to come out.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:38 PM

I ran around my house, screamed, flopped on the floor like a fish, lost my wedding ring and jacked up my knee in the process (reagrivated an old college injury...I think a torn meniscus), then came back and sat on my knees infront of the TV and cried.

Yelled at the Top of My Lungs and Watched Sad Bammer Fans

Jan 10, 2017, 9:39 PM

LEAVE Raymond James With Their Dreams Crushed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I jumped off the sofa, collapsed on the floor, yelled

Jan 10, 2017, 9:39 PM

"We did it! We did it!" and cried tears of joy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A recap of my reactions in order:

Jan 10, 2017, 9:47 PM

Re: A recap of my reactions in order:

Jan 10, 2017, 9:51 PM

I was at the game. I sat down and put my head in my hands.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A recap of my reactions in order:

Jan 10, 2017, 10:01 PM

Exact same reaction. Sat down with my head in my hands and cried. My four sons and my wife were jumping around screaming.

MT

Jan 10, 2017, 9:51 PM

At the game with my son.

Memories that will last a lifetime. Yelling, embracing, tears of joy.

Jan 11, 2017, 12:51 PM

Exact same thing for me with my 17 yo son.

Touchdown. Crowd goes nuts. Spontaneous long hug. Watery eyes.

I'll never forget it.

looking for a flag

Jan 10, 2017, 9:52 PM

Looking again.

Frozen.

After freezing my a$$ off for over 6 hours in Raymond James

Jan 10, 2017, 9:59 PM

I was in Section 209 West Club with my daughter, who was born at Clemson, my room mate from 1968 and his lovely wife, and my friends who live in Clemson. Here's what I saw...

1. I watched Deshaun roll out to the right and said to myself, "this will be the only play..."
2. I watched Hunter come open and said to myself, "Oh, my God, he's got him..."
3. I watched Deshaun throw and immediately raise his arm...
4. I watched Hunter cradle the ball, grabbed my daughter and screamed, "We did it..."
5. I heard the loudest noise I've ever heard erupt around us...
6. I watched the officials huddle... and huddle... and huddle... and finally line up for the PAT.
7. I got pounded by all those around me who had looked quizically at me with 2:07 left (after Hurts scored to make it 28-31) when I said, "we've got them right where we want them..." (and meant it... it was then in Deshaun's hands-- he would either do it, or not... and Bama would not have time to respond), but who now said, "you never gave up..."; hey, not on this team!
8. I watched all the red shirts disappear from the stands faster than I ever thought possible, until RayJay was completely orange!
9. I cried my eyes out... just like I did at my first Clemson game in October of 1954... and every game since.
10. I thanked God, again, for allowing me to be a Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 10:02 PM

Gave my gf a solid spank on the hiney. Smooched the two elderly women on the cheek sitting in front of me. High fived the eight year old kid behind me like 75 times. Hugged his dad. Looked for flags. Realized there was 1 sec. freaked out during the review. Possibly shed a tear during the final knee. Watched in awe for the next 30 minutes completely speechless. Sang the alma mater prouder than I ever have. It was an incredible thing to be a part of

Jan 10, 2017, 10:32 PM

For me, what happened right after the catch really is a blur. My typical reaction any time we score a TD is to spring from my chair and yell "YEAH" as I walk towards the TV flexing. I don't remember doing that, but I might have. LOL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jan 10, 2017, 10:34 PM

Jumped high enough to dunk a basketball, fell to one knee and cried my eyes out, yelled, screamed, hollered, hugs all round, couldn't believe it.

Jan 10, 2017, 10:39 PM

Shot off...4 shots of 9mm Para's. One for each point we won by

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jan 10, 2017, 10:49 PM

Would y'all call me a little btch if I said that I cried?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 10, 2017, 11:07 PM

My wife, 14yr old daughter, 11yr old son, and I were all standing in our living room and as soon as I saw Renfrow bring in the pass we all started screaming and jumping up and down. We all hugged each other then I watched my son and daughter both crying tears of joy. I will forever remember the looks on their reactions. I then just watched every second of post game coverage for the next 3.5 hours.

Jan 10, 2017, 11:21 PM

1981 flashed before my eyes and I immediately hugged my wife and gave thanks because she was there to enjoy it with me this time.

I hope Renfrow can capture all these sentiments

Jan 11, 2017, 1:33 AM

and treasure them. They will only get better with time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was already standing after their last drive.

Jan 11, 2017, 4:11 AM

When Renfrow caught the pass tears came a rolling while I screamed OH MY GOD!! Over and over!!!
GO TIGERS!!!

Hugged my family and anyone near me in my seats in Tampa***

Jan 11, 2017, 5:02 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Half a cow was dropped on my LR floor.

Jan 11, 2017, 5:08 AM

My sons were jumping up and down hard enough to shake the house. I sat in my recliner with a silent smile trying to process the magnitude of the moment trying to awaken from one of the most wonderful dreams of my life.

I was shaken to reality when I realized that it wasn't a dream, no yellow flag was on the field to steal our victory and no talk of who is the real national champion would, could or should be spoken.

I awoke this morning and relived that moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was nervous to celebrate.

Jan 11, 2017, 5:49 AM

I took about 20 seconds to make absolutely sure there were no flags or anything to ruin it for me. Then I just watched in awe. It almost didn't seem real.

Pure Joy

Jan 11, 2017, 7:08 AM

Was watching with my wife (also class of 2000) and our 10 year old son. The younger two couldn't stay awake.

I held my breath most of the final drive. And the last play felt like it was in slow motion. We all erupted then I fell to my knees with tears of joy.

When Deshaun took the final snap I called my dad (class of '69) but I honestly don't remember much of the conversation. Just loud exclamations that we did it!

Stayed up till 2:30 watching all the post game coverage. Went to work yesterday morning pretty tired and hungover.

I'll treasure it all as long as I live. Very grateful to have had that with my wife and son. And the moment with my dad.

That's awesome.*****

Jan 11, 2017, 7:15 AM

Oddly calm, so my wife says...

Jan 11, 2017, 7:34 AM

...Maybe I expected us to win.

Maybe the mantle of 35 years of waiting was too heavy to shrug off immediately.

####, maybe I'm just getting old.

But she says I as much more animated on the 4th and 16 catch (and susbsequent field goal) in the Peach Bowl to beat LSU.

I just smiled drank it all in and watched the young folks realize a dream.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2017, 10:44 AM

I was at the game, throughout the whole night I was quiet and just kept in my emotions in pocket... Very humble. But when he scored the GW I went crazy and actually lost my wallet with all the jumping and screaming. It's like everything came out of me when he scores. Amazing

by jumping up and down and screaming like an idio***

Jan 11, 2017, 10:45 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Jan 11, 2017, 10:53 AM

Just complete jubilation. After I was sure there was no flag, I kissed my husband (met him the week after the 81 championship) and screamed - We won! over and over. Wished the Bama folks around us a safe trip home as they filed out and then started watched the post game. What a sweet ride home it was.

Sat down in my chair at the game and thought of my dad who

Jan 11, 2017, 11:08 AM

we lost several years ago and who raised me to be a Clemson man like his father did with him. Needless to say, the tears were a rolling as I grabbed my wife (another CU alum) next to me and gave her the natty kiss of a lifetime! Amazing moment. Amazing season. So thankful to be a Clemson Tiger!

jumped out of my recliner spilling my beer all over the

Jan 11, 2017, 11:12 AM

coffee table and screamed loud enough that apparently my neighbors heard it. i got a text from him a few minutes later asking if i was going to be ok.

Jan 11, 2017, 11:14 AM

I was home with ms midland. I was rather quiet for a long time. I guess I was a little in shock and wondering how they were going to try to screw us out of this victory. ms midland cried. Both kids (young people as Danny use to say) called us from the game. Both are proud Clemson grads. We stayed up a couple of more hours watching replays, highlights and analysis.

Having lived in Columbia for over 25 years and enduring almost daily abuse from Gamecock fans, it was so sweet to walk into work Tuesday morning with my Clemson shirt on. I didn't say a word (like I always do). Just let the game and the team speak for themselves.

Never more proud to be a TIGER!
Never more proud to be a Clemson Alumni!

GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 11, 2017, 1:04 PM

I was in Tampa without tickets, so my group went Millers Pub where there were probably a few hundred tiger fans. The whole place erupted and I hugged everyone around me. When it was official that we won, we had some cigars and got bottle service at a club.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I bear hugged my 8 year old son and we jumped up and down screaming.***

Jan 11, 2017, 1:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching in San Jose with 83 year old neighbor

Jan 11, 2017, 1:11 PM

Who played OL for UCLA in the 50's, i jumped up, yelled #### YEAH!!!, and slapped his hand about 5 times and ran a lap around the room pounding the air with my fist. Me and him went through a 12 pack of Becks, a few Wild Turkey 101 shots during game and I had him wide ### open too. Hes a Bruin in his DNA but he is a Tiger fan after watching every game with me over the last 3 years. I was hurting Tuesday AM. After slapping his hand he said, " hey pal, watch my arthritis, but GO TIGERS!!"

Jan 11, 2017, 1:12 PM

Dropped the remote and dropped to one knee and shed a tear.

Well, I watch the games by myself

Jan 11, 2017, 1:14 PM

The last two times I have watched with someone we lost (Pitt and bama) but my mom, sisters, and friends were over at my house, and their TV was a little ahead of mine. I had my fingers in my ears because I didn't want them to ruin it for me lol. But nonetheless I heard them scream and I knew something had happened, I just didn't know what. Then I saw that beautiful pass land perfectly in renfrows hands. I literally kicked my door open and ran into the family room. Speaking of that I need to get a new doorknob lol

Jan 11, 2017, 1:25 PM

I ran out on my front porch and did my best to wake up the neighbors, shouting "TOUCHDOWN CLEMSON!", after just jumping up and down and shouting "YES!, YES!, YES!" for about a minute.

Jan 11, 2017, 1:40 PM

Because of my back we were all at home watching with my wife and my 21 year old daughter and we all lost our mind in that instance with our yorkie and greyhound having heart attacks out of their sleep.

We all screamed and yelled until the trophy was presented.

It was better than 1981 because my children and grandchildren experienced it with the kind of love I had for Clemson at 14 years old. They all were excited for me too because they knew how bad I wanted this win for all of Clemson!

Two-time National Champions has a great sound and the best is yet to come. Alabama deserves to be the runner up with how hard they played minus all the non-called dirty hits they had on Deshaun and Mike.

2017 National Championship winners the Clemson Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Hugged everyone in the room, including picking up

Jan 11, 2017, 2:57 PM

a couple of women off the ground when I hugged them.

However, I was hollering so loud, my chest and voice are still sore.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic