Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else think deshaun could win the the starting job during uga game? I mean if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,096

Anyone else think deshaun could win the the starting job during uga game? I mean if

Jul 17, 2014, 11:20 PM

Cole sputters on a couple drives then they try deshaun for a series, he comes out and starts throwing darts , running through the uga defense ,stiff arming and just trucking over defenders like cam newton on steroids. Next thing u know deshaun is starting and goes on to win the heisman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on y'all let's get behind Cole!***

Jul 17, 2014, 11:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on y'all let's get behind Cole!***

Jul 18, 2014, 5:45 AM

I'll all in with Cole. I respect his skills better than most tnetters and all the media putz. I even think he'll be better at this offense than Tajh. But really dood, what's best for this team is what we all should want. That includes Cole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else think deshaun could win the the starting job during uga game? I mean if

Jul 17, 2014, 11:33 PM

Newton already had 3 years of college before he ever played a game at auburn. winston and manziel both redshirted as true freshman. Watson has the talent but its debatable as to whether he's physically ready to handle playing starter minutes. Not to mention Cole has played well every chance he's had and he has way more experience

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else think deshaun could win the the starting job during uga game? I mean if

Jul 18, 2014, 5:53 AM

Hmm Jamesis Winston had a 1st Rd NFL QB ahead of him on the depth chart. Manuel had a 1st Rd NFL QB ahead of him on the depth chart. I wonder if that had any factor in the 2 redshirting...hmm I wonder

I am just hoping that our OL will gel enough in the early

Jul 17, 2014, 11:39 PM

Going to keep Uga's and FSU's defenders out of our backfield long enough for EITHER O F THEM to have a chance to succeed . I just want to have the best guy on the field for us and to NOT rush Watson out there until he ( and the OL) is ready. CM will know.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I do think there are some fans who are so convinced of

Jul 17, 2014, 11:58 PM

Deshaun's greatness and so in love with the idea that they can't wait for him to take over, no matter what, even if it means Cole struggling or failing.

By all accounts Deshaun is gonna be a good one, maybe a great one, but Cole is our starter and as long as we are dreaming based on star ratings and hype, I'm hoping Cole plays lights out and wins the Heisman himself.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

IMO, Cole is a step up from Tajh.

Jul 18, 2014, 5:55 AM

I've said it many times here on Tnet, Cole is much more in control of his emotions. Cole has a better thinking mechanism than Tajh. He makes better and quicker decisions and gets the ball snapped quicker. My goodness, he can even checkdown which is something that eluded Tajh for three years. Oh yeah, and I loved Tajh. I know what his overall record was and I know how many records he broke.

Over the first few games football people are going to see the gap between Tajh and Cole. All that being said, you ain't seen nothing till you see DW seasoned in this offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll see - I hope you are right.***

Jul 18, 2014, 9:16 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 18, 2014, 12:46 AM

No.

As soon as he masters the playbook he's the starter.

Jul 18, 2014, 5:32 AM

Best man for the job, that's the only fair way to play this.

We need him experienced with D1 football as soon as possible in case of injury to Cole. I expect him to play at UGAy.

Re: As soon as he masters the playbook he's the starter.

Jul 18, 2014, 5:56 AM

With all due respect for Watson.......it is VERY RARE for a true freshman to be ready to play. Fans need to quit listening to the hype and let the kid grow up. This is NOT high school. Does he need to get some reps as soon as possible? YES. JUST AS Cole needed to as a freshman. He needs to get reps JUST IN CASE something should happen to Cole. But him playing full time is not a probability. Stop listening to all the "experts" who's job it is to "create" stories. Cole's our guy, Watson is the next guy.

Sure - if Cole gets hurt

Jul 18, 2014, 5:58 AM

But I sure aren't hoping for an injury in our thin QB ranks. In fact there is every reason to believe that if anyone "sputters" it will be Watson - that what happens with true freshmen sometimes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2014, 7:10 AM

for the life of me i cant figure out all this talk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2014, 7:42 AM

Since I'm one of those guys that thought Cole Stoudt should have played way more in the past instead of Boyd, I think Cole would have to get injured or seriously stink it up to not play until the game is out of reach for the Dawgs. Especially since Watson was injured already and could not play in the SG. I would not risk injury to him until he beefs up a little. No - Cole is the MAN OF THE HOUR. I don't see how people can't see how good this guy is.

Barring something completely unforseen.....

Jul 18, 2014, 7:51 AM

Cole is and will remain the starter the entire season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Barring something completely unforseen.....

Jul 18, 2014, 8:35 AM

Watson has the same number of games under his belt as the starter at Clemson that stout has!

Yes but with

Jul 18, 2014, 8:48 AM

three more years in Chad's system.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

deer Bob,

Jul 18, 2014, 8:52 AM

How can you talk football at a time like this?! We are at war! Nothing but red meat and Fawx News for me.
;)

I can't turn down the opportunity to discuss Clemson Tigers

Jul 18, 2014, 8:59 AM

football with my fellow Clemson graduate and comrade Lead Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but.....

Jul 18, 2014, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Barring something completely unforseen..... ]

it would be highly unusual for a true freshman to come in and take the starting job from a QB who has been in the system for three years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,096
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic