Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What if Donald Trump doesn't WANT to be president?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 444

What if Donald Trump doesn't WANT to be president?

Nov 14, 2016, 9:03 AM

So I just thought about this after I saw the pictures of Trump meeting with Obama, Mitch McConnell, and Paul Ryan. He looked miserable in them. So I started wondering... what if he really doesn't want this?

Consider the life the man has had. A lot of fun. A lot of celebrity lifestyle. Probably living in places much nicer than the White House. Responsibility to run his businesses, but other than that, knowing he can go have a good time. No obligations. He probably doesn't have to sit through a boring meeting unless he calls the meeting. No one telling him what to do.

I can see why he wanted to run. He loves adoration and publicity. He likes to win. He likes to provoke the masses.

But now he's got the job, and I'm wondering if the reality of the gravity this job requires is finally setting in. As Dave Chappelle said on SNL Saturday night, after he met with Obama, he looked "shook".

I mean, he's gotta deal with some real #### now and I wonder if he really wants to deal with it.

I don't know about y'all, but if I lived the kind of life that Donald leads, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want the presidency.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: What if Donald Trump doesn't WANT to be president?

Nov 14, 2016, 9:06 AM

"I don't know about y'all, but if I lived the kind of life that Donald leads, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want the presidency"

What?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll type it slow for you.

Nov 14, 2016, 9:08 AM

If I were a billionaire who pretty much got his way every time and lived a life of luxury, I would not want the most stressful, busiest job in the entire world.

Just simply take a look at how much presidents age in 8 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

his top goal now - get his face on a piece of US currency

Nov 14, 2016, 9:12 AM

when you are a gazillionaire, you run out of life goals. Maybe that was his motivation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm leaning toward believing he is the person....

Nov 14, 2016, 9:24 AM

His kids say he is. Look at all of us who post on here. We try to make everybody laugh, one up other posters, etc. I would think that most on here are in reality decent human beings st the heart, despite the persona we promote on a message board.

There is no doubt that Trump has a strong need to be adored. That is typical of a child brought up in a home where nothing was ever really good enough. I suspect that is the case here. But I have said all along that I believe Trump ran because he truly cares about the country and the plight of the "unheard" people. He had no other reason to run. Sure, he has the satisfaction of winning, but is that really worth what he has had to endure? Is this adoration that much better than his life before becoming POTUS?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, his kids would know him best.

Nov 14, 2016, 9:27 AM

But then again, our family sometimes views us a little less critically than others.

But I have said all along that I believe Trump ran because he truly cares about the country and the plight of the "unheard" people. He had no other reason to run. Sure, he has the satisfaction of winning, but is that really worth what he has had to endure? Is this adoration that much better than his life before becoming POTUS?

Unless he originally entered the race as part of his usual publicity stunts and trying to raise his stock, and it suddenly spun into something much larger. I'm not sure he really thought he had a real chance of winning until late in the game. I'm wondering if he even thought he would win last Tuesday going into the day.

That's possible....

Nov 14, 2016, 9:35 AM

But I would say, those closest to us also see the worst in us. It's not usually until we leave home and start our own lives that we see the "genius" of our parents.

I very well know that his kids are not going to say bad things publicly about him, but I felt there words were very sincere. I think I have a pretty good BS meter most of the time.

And maybe I missed this, but if Trump is the Scrooge employer that some make him out to be, there would have been former employees lined up to give interviews to the news. This would have been played up big time.

But because of the constant shouting of bigotry, racism, etc., any other criticism, real or imaginary, fell on deaf ears.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, so making everyone laugh is an inverse quality to

Nov 14, 2016, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I'm leaning toward believing he is the person.... ]

being a decent human being at heart?

Sorry, but I think there's direct correlation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I probably should have worded that differently, however...

Nov 14, 2016, 9:51 AM

I'm sure my history of "class clowning," on and off the interwebs, has the underpinnings of the need for attention.

Re: I probably should have worded that differently, however...

Nov 14, 2016, 3:49 PM

Franc, you are the constant voice of reason on these boards.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

maybe he looked miserable because he was surrounded by

Nov 14, 2016, 9:06 AM

dumb@##es.

I think the biggest adjustment that Trump will have to make is the realization that he is not IN CHARGE. The President of the US is not the same as President/CEO of Trump Inc. He will have to work with people he cannot fire.

He is used to filling his board room with capable people.......he will not have that luxury now.

Re: maybe he looked miserable because he was surrounded by

Nov 14, 2016, 9:07 AM

I think the biggest adjustment that Trump will have to make is the realization that he is not IN CHARGE. The President of the US is not the same as President/CEO of Trump Inc. He will have to work with people he cannot fire.

Exactly. I've wondered that as well. Before, he could choose who he surrounded himself with. He can't do that as a president every time, and I wonder how much patience he will have over it.

with the likes of honorable senator Graham "on his side"

Nov 14, 2016, 9:14 AM

it will be an uphill climb.

A Maverick in Washington has a swift river to swim against.

the "power brokers" only have to wait him out 4-8 years and they can continue their shell games. That is one problem with term limits on presidents but not congress. Having term limits on congress would just give more power to the Bureaucracy and Lobbyists. That is the swamp that Trump will be fighting against.

Unless you count the Cabinet as his board room***

Nov 14, 2016, 9:28 AM [ in reply to maybe he looked miserable because he was surrounded by ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

True, the cabinet only executes the law

Nov 14, 2016, 9:33 AM

the congress and judicial make and interpret the law.

He will need real allies in Congress to pass his agenda.

Obama had a 60 vote Senate and barely got his healthcare bill passed and was never able to get any gun legislation passed.

Cabinet will help him shape his policies and agenda

Nov 14, 2016, 10:13 AM

Which would be about as close to an executive board as he'll get. Still will need to be able to get Congress to do anything other than bicker with each other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

I don't think there's any "what if" about it.

Nov 14, 2016, 9:12 AM

And he certainly didn't expect to win, which should put his entire campaign in perspective.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/mendham-chester/donald-trump-expected-drop-out-2015-endorse-chris-christie

Re: I don't think there's any "what if" about it.

Nov 14, 2016, 10:17 AM

He won, period.

Nov 14, 2016, 9:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As of today, right now, he #### sure better want the job.

Nov 14, 2016, 9:16 AM

And he better want to keep it for at least 4 years without being a lunatic and getting impeached. Mike Pence is currently the most dangerous man on the planet, in my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gaslighter in chief.***

Nov 14, 2016, 10:02 AM

Re: As of today, right now, he #### sure better want the job.

Nov 14, 2016, 10:18 AM [ in reply to As of today, right now, he #### sure better want the job. ]

More dangerous than leaders of Isis? Wow, just wow.

Nov 14, 2016, 2:47 PM

Well...in some ways he and ISIS leaders probably share similar views with regard to homosexuality, the role/rights of women in society, basing policy decisions on something written in a book thousands of years ago, etc.

Nov 14, 2016, 3:13 PM

give it a rest with the over the top comments-comparing him to ISIS is stupid and dumb.

I really don't think that is an issue.***

Nov 14, 2016, 9:56 AM

It just goes to show you the sacrifice the man is willing...

Nov 14, 2016, 10:04 AM

...to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm kinda surprised you're still doubting him.

Nov 14, 2016, 10:07 AM

Weren't you saying when he first started running that he was just doing it for publicity, and he'd be out in a few weeks/months?

At some point, you might think he's being serious about it.

Re: I'm kinda surprised you're still doubting him.

Nov 14, 2016, 10:19 AM

Please do not confuse him with facts.

Yeah, I did.

Nov 14, 2016, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I'm kinda surprised you're still doubting him. ]

Already said how wrong I was about that. I'm still not convinced he's actually going to want this job when he sees what it entails.

Nov 14, 2016, 10:15 AM

What if birds did not have wings?

My impression

Nov 14, 2016, 3:06 PM

He definitely thinks it would be more fun not to be president, because he had a great life already, but he wants to make a difference and he likes that he achieved such a lofty honor. He also likes to win and the prestige. He couldn't have achieved any more in his life to this stage. Now that he is there he will give it his all.

Replies: 30
| visibility 444
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic