Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As much as I like Tajh and appreciate what he
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,535

As much as I like Tajh and appreciate what he

May 13, 2014, 8:29 AM

has done for CU, I can understand why he dropped so low in the draft. We all know there was the "good Tajh" and the "bad Tajh" and you never knew for sure which one you were going to get. Having Sammy, Martavis, DeAndre, and Jaron around - NFL receivers all - surely didn't hurt. Just watched Sammy's long TD against UGA and Tajh threw it way behind him, Sammy just made a great play.

Wish Tajh the best and hope he continues to develop with the Jets. Go Cole, keep it rolling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As much as I like Tajh and appreciate what he

May 13, 2014, 8:37 AM

His problems are all mental TB has the skill just got to get his head right.

May 13, 2014, 8:51 AM

well that could be said about everyone on Tigernet...except me of course. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was mostly good Tajh, he carried this team for 3 seasons

May 13, 2014, 8:41 AM

only had a good defense 1 year, his senior season. And played behind a below average oline 2 out of 3 seasons, even his junior season the oline was just average. So he really never even played behind a good offensive line. You can say what you want about the talent of our receivers, but Tajh made those passes without a dependable running game to fall back on and below average oline protecting him. His mistakes are over exaggerated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no dependable running game? he had Andre effing Ellington

May 13, 2014, 9:17 AM

heckfire, he had 1000 yd rushers.

get yer head outta yer smed

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Tajh was 32-8......Logan Thomas was 6'5"

May 13, 2014, 8:44 AM

TB's play on the field had little to do with where he went. His measurables---height speed vertical----did him in...

We had Bad Logan 12 games a year......

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

So you would have preferred

May 13, 2014, 9:22 AM

Logan Thomas or Mettenburger over TB?

No, not at all. I think Tajh was

May 13, 2014, 9:41 AM

A very good quarterback and we were lucky to have him. Just not sure he will succeed in the NFL. And Logan Thomas, that I just don't understand. I wouldn't trust him to hold a clipboard.

Yep, a little skizo

May 13, 2014, 9:23 AM

Saw Gamecocks, swallowed his tongue, went blubbery, seized up, jittery. Same with FSU in the big moment. ONt the other side, in Big bowl games, delivered knockout punches to the blue chip programs. I think the bowl wins were bigger, but he couldn't quite complete the package with the Coot problem.

That may be, but Tajh was sure as h3ll better than

May 13, 2014, 9:53 AM

Logan Thomas, Zach Mettenberger*, the QB from Pitt, the QB from San Jose State, and possibly better than Aaron Murray depending on who you ask.

He deserved to go higher than where he did. I would even put Connor Shaw above all those other QB's except possibly Aaron Murray

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Can't rank Shaw higher for the NFL

May 13, 2014, 12:17 PM

He was a good college QB, but the pro game would chew him up and spit him out. A lot of what he did was scamper, which works when you're one of the faster guys on the field. In the NFL, he wouldn't be. Everyone is much bigger and faster, and probably out to clean your clock.

I'm not trying to say he's going to be a great pro QB,

May 13, 2014, 12:51 PM

but I would definitely have taken him before the others I listed. To me there's something to be said for the drive/will to win, winning big games on big stages, what a player will bring to the lockeroom in terms of team dynamics and work ethics. All those things I think makes Connor a better prospect than the Pitt QB or Logan Thomas.

Just my two cents

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

OK someone who is smarter than me has got to explain...

May 13, 2014, 10:55 AM

LOGAN THOMAS being selected before Murray, Boyd, McArron, Metenburger, Savage. I mean ###????? I have heard all the excuses...he didn't have a supporting cast, he started as a TE...but really??? Why in the world would someone pick him to be a QB in the NFL when he was mediocre at best in college? Is he going to be a TE?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2014, 12:05 PM

Making it as a pro QB involves a lot of luck - who is already in front of you and will he (they) stay healthy, will you get a good look from the coaches as a late draft choice, if you get in in the pre-season, will you show your talent in limited opportunities?

Tajh was a great QB for Clemson, but we will have to see if he can cut it as a pro.

How's that for a profound post?

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,535
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic