Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for...

Sep 4, 2019, 10:47 AM

Agricultural and Mechanical. Lol, what kind of hillbilly school is that. Only in Texas!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for...

Sep 4, 2019, 10:48 AM

Sounds like a cow college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Dey probably a bunch of hick tater farmers***

Sep 4, 2019, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Dey probably a bunch of hick tater farmers***

Sep 5, 2019, 2:34 PM

We consider ourselves onion farmers since we invented the sweet yellow onion. Get those taters outta here!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for... ]

Texas Taters?

I just googled "ATM"

Sep 4, 2019, 10:49 AM

now I'm worried about what my boss is going to find on my work laptop.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Make fun all you want....but they sure put a woopn

Sep 4, 2019, 10:59 AM

On Charlie whitehurst in the 2002 tangerine bowl.

Worst beat down I ever saw clemson take. Still got that stupid fight song in my head.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Make fun all you want....but they sure put a woopn

Sep 4, 2019, 11:25 AM

Wasn't that Texas Tech?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 11:49 AM

It was definitely Texas Tech.

55-15. They smashed us to smitherines. One of the most miserable games I've ever been to.

Sep 4, 2019, 12:12 PM

Yep .... Kliff Kingsbury was QB ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I’m pretty sure Kingsbury was a coach at Texas Tech...

Sep 4, 2019, 12:31 PM

not a player. I think that’s where the confusion is coming in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I’m pretty sure Kingsbury was a coach at Texas Tech...

Sep 4, 2019, 10:44 PM

Nope - Kingsbury was the QB that torched us ... here are the stats ... Think he coached at Texas Tech from like 2013 - 2018.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: I’m pretty sure Kingsbury was a coach at Texas Tech...

Sep 4, 2019, 10:49 PM [ in reply to I’m pretty sure Kingsbury was a coach at Texas Tech... ]

Ok - let me try that again ... lol. Kingsbury was MVP ...,

Sep 4, 2019, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Make fun all you want....but they sure put a woopn ]

Texas Tech is short for Texas A&M. Same thing.

Sep 4, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Make fun all you want....but they sure put a woopn ]

It was definitely Texas Tech.

55-15. They smashed us to smitherines. One of the most miserable games I've ever been to.

Because it is more cost effective to do your own tractor maintenance.

Sep 4, 2019, 11:03 AM

Idjit

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a proud .

Sep 4, 2019, 11:12 AM

Graduate of Clemson Agricultural and Mechanical with a gold ring so inscribed should I be offended by this post? Go Tigers

Absolutely not.

Sep 4, 2019, 11:28 AM

I have a Clemson A&M pennant passed down to me. The truth is that farmers have to have a lot of knowledge in various fields. People have no idea.

Clemson and TAMU’s military heritage speaks for itself.

Good one

Sep 4, 2019, 12:15 PM

“farmers have to have a lot of knowledge in various fields”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good one

Sep 4, 2019, 12:19 PM

A farmer is a man outstanding in his field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Farmers like getting down and dirty with the

Sep 4, 2019, 2:02 PM

hoes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A farmer

Sep 5, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Good one ]

is a man standing out in his field, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 4, 2019, 11:11 AM

Clemson was once "A&M" may techinically still be.

You're thinking about when we were a military school.***

Sep 4, 2019, 11:16 AM

Yes, back then A&M stood for Army and Military***

Sep 4, 2019, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yes, back then A&M stood for Army and Military***

Sep 4, 2019, 11:30 AM

Where do you guys get this ? Clemson became Clemson University in 1964. Prior to that, it was Clemson A&M. My diploma says Clemson University and I think that class was the first to be recognized as a university. Holy Cow, I guess I one of the oldest living graduates of Clemson University. No wonder I get tired so easily. Time for my nap!

Tnet use to be a place to post about serious football

Sep 4, 2019, 12:57 PM

Stuff like helmets and uniforms before these RAGanese folks showed up. Trump can't build that wall fast enough. Don't get me wrong. They are good at making tennis shoes but they don't belong in tigernet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

AirForce and Marines

Sep 4, 2019, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Yes, back then A&M stood for Army and Military*** ]

Sheesh

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "M" may have come later, but inside the cover of

Sep 4, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for... ]

the 1918 TAPS (Yes, I have a copy, no, I was not in attendance at that time) we called ourselves Clemson Agricultural College. We had all of 114 Seniors in the Senior Class. (The fact that there was a World War going on at the time may have had some influence on class size.)

Sep 4, 2019, 11:22 AM

That means they were founded to produce cyborg cattle. Moobots snd Bovinators. Watch out Chick-Fil-A.

Sep 4, 2019, 11:30 AM

LSU is technically LSU A&M. This was quite standard for schools. I don’t know how you are just now finding out what the A&M stands for.

When you have time..... google

Sep 4, 2019, 11:41 AM

The Morrill Act and read it. That is the Act that formed the land grant institutions in America. Clemson is one of them!

Thanks for that great little-known trivia. I always thought

Sep 4, 2019, 11:46 AM

it stood for "Arrogant" and "Meaningless".

Sep 4, 2019, 12:09 PM

You gotta be kidding!

I heard they recently discovered a new use for sheep ......... wool!

Sep 4, 2019, 12:11 PM

But it is texas so they even failed at being a hillbilly school since they have no hills nor any billies. Well, we don't count THOSE billies in Austin - completely different thing.

Sep 4, 2019, 12:13 PM

Prior to the name Clemson University, Clemson was also named A & M.

Sep 4, 2019, 6:02 PM

WHAT ...... I thought we were Clemson College, the University of Clemson, and the Clemson University!

Sep 4, 2019, 1:15 PM

Agricultural and Mechanical. Lol, what kind of hillbilly school is that. Only in Texas!

Please, remind us of the historical roots and original name of Clemson University...

Clemson was named after...

Sep 4, 2019, 1:57 PM

Thomas Green Clemson, its founder.

Also... “Clemson University (/?kl?ms?n/[5]) is a public, land-grant research university in Clemson, South Carolina. Founded in 1889, Clemson is the second-largest university in student population in South Carolina. For the fall 2017 semester, the university enrolled a total of 19,402 undergraduate students and 4,985 graduate students,[3] and the student/faculty ratio was 18:1.[6] Clemson's 1,400-acre campus [7] is in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and sits next to Lake Hartwell. The university manages the nearby 17,500-acre Clemson Experimental Forest that is used for research, education, and recreation.”.

No mention of any of that redneck stuff Texas A&M is tied up in.

Sep 4, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for... ]

Abattbq11 said:

Please, remind us of the historical roots and original name of Clemson University...

Hell, I'll do it myself...

Clemson was founded as Clemson Agricultural College of S.C. in 1889, 13 years after Texas A&M was founded as the The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. It became Clemson University in 1955. Texas A&M was renamed to Texas A&M University in 1963, retaining the "A&M" as a nod to its historical roots.

Clemson was never Clemson A&M. The A&M was colloquial because most schools founded under the Morrill Act, like Clemson, were agricultural and mechanical colleges and had A&M in their names (Oklahoma A&M, now OSU, and LSU A&M come to mind). It did not, and never did, stand for "Army & Military." That would be redundant because the army is a part of the military, and in all other historical instances, and especially at the time of its usage in reference to Clemson, was understood to stand for, "Agricultural & Mechanical."

I couldn't read a lick of that... is that American?***

Sep 4, 2019, 2:08 PM

Re: I couldn't read a lick of that... is that American?***

Sep 4, 2019, 5:09 PM

Spanish, just our fellow Spaniards from the southern border... They are all practically Mexicans and Spaniards in the Corpus Christi area.

Re:Hey. Maybe that's it

Sep 4, 2019, 6:45 PM

Clemson American and Mexican University

Sep 4, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for... ]

I don’t know where you got your info but it is wrong! In 1955 Clemson began to admit coeds and was no longer an all male military institute but it WAS NOT a university until 1964. AND my ring says Clemson A& M!

Sep 4, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for... ]

Sumbody with 4 poasts couldn't no anything about the University of Clemson!

Sep 4, 2019, 6:07 PM

Plus , how could someone with 4 poasts have a 77% pulse. If he got one TD, that would be 75% if my University of Clemson math is right. Professor Stumpy Stewart would back me up on that!

Sep 4, 2019, 1:37 PM

i guess this is probably a troll, unless you really dont kniw any history about a&m educational institutions.

Suffice it to say, South Carolina could only dream about having as fine an institution within its borders. (and no, im not saying Clemson isnt a good school).

Sep 4, 2019, 2:03 PM

As fine an institution? A current student a few threads up

Sep 4, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for... ]

is on record saying the powers that be have turned TAMU into a degree factory. Then you hired Jimbo, who had the worst program APR in all of FBS while he was at FSU. So please keep lecturing me on what a fine institution y'all have there in the One Star State.

Re: As fine an institution? A current student a few threads up

Sep 4, 2019, 5:08 PM

lecturing you? no, just educating you! :)

seriously, glad to see so many here defending the good name of land grant universities!

Well, somebody has to fix the combine and the tractor.

Sep 4, 2019, 2:02 PM

"He thinks my tractor's SEXY!"

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 4, 2019, 5:18 PM

Sep 4, 2019, 6:24 PM

FM, you've caught your limit today. Some don't even know they're in the cooler.

Sep 4, 2019, 6:33 PM

Well, I just learned how ignorant a portion of our fanbase is.

We have more in common with Texas A&M than most schools.

I realize that most young folks no longer have the appreciation of history and tradition like their fathers and grandfathers, but geez guys....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemmer.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemmer, you been on here for 21 years...

Sep 4, 2019, 6:53 PM

...and don't recognize the jokey joke posts? Folks just having fun my friend.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I don’t think you truly understand how ignorant FrancisMarion is***

Sep 4, 2019, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I just learned the A&M in Texas A&M stands for... ]

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic