Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Renfrow in the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Renfrow in the NFL

May 11, 2016, 2:45 PM

just wondering.......
If Hunter stays healthy throughout his Clemson career, do you think he will end up being a first round pick? Mid level draft pick? Or free agent kind of guy?
Do you think he will leave Clemson as a 4 year starter?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Renfrow in the NFL

May 11, 2016, 2:51 PM

With the way he toyed with 5 star CB Minkah Fitzpatrick in the National Championship game, and gave Mack problems everyday in practice, I imagine he'll likely be taken somewhere in the draft. Probably rounds 3-7 as he just doesn't have the kind of height and hops that scouts will drool over after pro days are complete.

May 11, 2016, 2:53 PM

4 year starter or at least plays a lot for 4 years. I doubt he'd get drafted though. A small white guy with average speed and athleticism isn't going to wow any scouts. (See Adam Humphries)

May 11, 2016, 3:08 PM

Honestly, I would love the see Renfrow get drafted in the first round, however I see him going late rounds or undrafted. See Wes Welker (undrafted) Julian Edelman (seventh round), or Danny Amendola (undrafted). Renfrow has the same skill set as these guys, sure hands, midrange speed, and excellent route running. It seems that NFL scouts love height, hops, and explosiveness more than sure hands and smarts. Sad but true.

Adam and a Half million $ say hello

May 11, 2016, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow in the NFL ]

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=adam%20humphries%20contract&oq=adam%20hump&aqs=chrome.1.0l3j69i57j0l2.5499j0j7

As a freshman Hunter is better than AdamH

May 11, 2016, 3:18 PM

i don't think they're in the same ballpark

Re: As a freshman Hunter is better than AdamH

May 11, 2016, 8:33 PM

Renfrow is def. on a different level than Adam humphries or any other white #13's that played for us. He is faster, quicker, more athletic, and a lot shiftier in open space. I can't wait to see him play this yr.

Humphries went undrafted so I don't think that really

May 12, 2016, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Adam and a Half million $ say hello ]

Undercuts the point about scouts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2016, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow in the NFL ]

Yes.

Probably after the 4th, but he'll play and stick anywhere he goes.

Way better than Humphries, imo, but I like Humphries.

Go Tigers!

same size and speed as amendola, welker, edelman

May 11, 2016, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow in the NFL ]

Renfrow is our second best reciever IMO.I think it goes M williams, H renfrow, J Legget, D Cain. You're gonna be surprised at his numbers at the end of this year. I say he puts up 6-7 tDs. D Watson goes to him alot. There is a comfort zone there and he will get alot of looks. He gets open and makes plays. Runs the right route. Realize he was a true frosh last year and was our best option in the NC game with Bama. At his position in the slot he is really good. He will bulk up in the next couple of years and I think will have a formidable resume and I think gets drafted in a late round type selection bc he will have to fit a need.

This year will be a big year for Renfrow, mark it down.

Re: same size and speed as amendola, welker, edelman

May 11, 2016, 11:51 PM

Artavis Scott says hello....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: same size and speed as amendola, welker, edelman

May 12, 2016, 8:02 AM

Enrolled WR's

1. Mike Williams

2. Artavis Scott

3. Renfrow

Ahh yes how did I forget about Artavis..

May 12, 2016, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: same size and speed as amendola, welker, edelman ]

U got me., I'd probably say he's behind Scott in the pecking order. But still I think just as important as Artavis. Renfrow just has a way of getting open and making plays.

May 11, 2016, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow in the NFL ]

> 4 year starter or at least plays a lot for 4 years. I
> doubt he'd get drafted though. A small white guy with
> average speed and athleticism isn't going to wow any
> scouts. (See Adam Humphries)

Renfrow > Humphries

May 12, 2016, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow in the NFL ]

Not attacking you but why would his skin color matter to a scout?

May 11, 2016, 3:02 PM

There's still a long time before that happens, and lots can happen.

Alot of times it just depends on a teams need and how much they fall in love with a kid.

Whichever team needs a WR who will go over the middle, beat his man with route running, and constantly separate himself from players who are faster and more athletic than him, then they will pick Renfrow

If his production stays high and he gets bigger and faster every year, I believe he could be a mid to late round guy

May 11, 2016, 3:02 PM

There's still a long time before that happens, and lots can happen.

Alot of times it just depends on a teams need and how much they fall in love with a kid.

Whichever team needs a WR who will go over the middle, beat his man with route running, and constantly separate himself from players who are faster and more athletic than him, then they will pick Renfrow

If his production stays high and he gets bigger and faster every year, I believe he could be a mid to late round guy

May 11, 2016, 3:06 PM

I think it largely depends on the stopwatch.

Renfrow's going to be drafted, and I do think he plays all 4 years. The question is, where's his ceiling? If he's maxed out already, it'll be a low-round pick...but if he inches up into that 50-60-catches/7-8-TD-per-year range, it's going to be harder and harder for scouts to dismiss him.

Once their eyes are on him, he needs to run sub-4.6.

One thing I've noticed is, Deshaun Watson, increasingly, seems to prefer Renfrow to any other target on the field. The reason, I suspect, is simple - Deshaun, despite his running ability, is actually a lot like Tom Brady, an unflappable precision guy who seemingly does every little thing correctly. The more he KNOWS when and where a guy is going to be, the more he's going to prefer the guy, and Renfrow is one of the most precise and elusive route-runners I've ever seen...he shows up in those windows exactly when and where he's supposed to, and he's usually wide open when it happens. Even if he's not, because Deshaun can throw through such microscopic windows and places the ball so well, he can still "throw" Renfrow open and count on Renfrow to just go get it where he puts it. Deshaun is so good he doesn't always need Megatron at the other end going up and winning 1-on-1's, he just needs a precision guy who runs his routes in the clockwork manner Deshaun himself operates.

Of course, that could also mean we see Renfrow's catch total quietly creep past 60 this year and on up past 70 and the 10 TD range...and that ain't a slot or third-down receiver; that is a super-impact guy. Even if he is dressed up in Small White Guy/ Former Walk-On clothes. In which case if the stopwatch speed is there - and I suspect it might be, I think Renfrow's faster than most realize - we could be talking first three rounds as well.

check out edelman, jordy nelson, and amendola 40s...same

May 11, 2016, 3:22 PM

as hunters, in teh 4.5 range.
His speed is fine.

Seconded

May 11, 2016, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow in the NFL ]

If he's really 5-10, which I doubt, and could show up around 185 and run sub 4.6 he could go in the top three rounds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow in the NFL ]

I think you will see that change with Mike healthy. I agree that Watson started to target Renfrew because of the reliability, but he has that in MW and the athleticism to go get anything. I have tried to analyze how each of these receivers will fit this season but keep coming back to the realization that you can't cover them all.

We had 400 yards receiving against one of the best defensive teams in the nation and did it with arguably our 2 most talented receivers out. Not to mention Scott having one of his worst games numbers wise. Defense will take time to answer some questions but this offense should be fun.

null

May 12, 2016, 6:30 PM

> I think you will see that change with Mike healthy. I
> agree that Watson started to target Renfrew because
> of the reliability, but he has that in MW and the
> athleticism to go get anything. I have tried to
> analyze how each of these receivers will fit this
> season but keep coming back to the realization that
> you can't cover them all.
>
> We had 400 yards receiving against one of the best
> defensive teams in the nation and did it with
> arguably our 2 most talented receivers out. Not to
> mention Scott having one of his worst games numbers
> wise. Defense will take time to answer some questions
> but this offense should be fun

+1

without MW in the line up DW4 didn't have a #Go2 receiver that could own the middle of the field.

We were good on offense, but we would lose momentum because of DW4 didn't have an automatic catch he could get anytime he wanted. He was always searching, and really never got in a rhythm.

Not the case this year.

Firing on all cylinders from Day 1

Go Tigers!

FA pick up that will stick somewhere for awhile.***

May 11, 2016, 3:10 PM

May 11, 2016, 11:58 PM

Does the name Ricky Proehl ring a bell ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First round pick??? LOL

May 12, 2016, 8:46 AM

Come on man

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Patriots will draft him mid to late round and he'll be a starter his rookie year.

May 13, 2016, 7:55 AM

Tom Brady will make him a household name. He'll be a 100+ catch guy.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic