Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article on Germone Hopper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,602

Article on Germone Hopper

Feb 18, 2017, 10:22 AM

Getting ready for Clemson's pro day.
My favorite part is his mother telling him after a suspension and talking to Dabo: “They’ve given you a scholarship that’s worth thousands of dollars. You have a responsibility to your coaches, to your university, to yourself. And you’re not doing that,” Stewart says she told him. “I’d say, ‘You’d better be glad he’s a loving coach because on some teams you would be gone.’”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article133469669.html#storylink=cpy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article on Germone Hopper

Feb 18, 2017, 10:43 AM

in the movie,a Bronx tale,deniro tells his young son that the greatest sin is wasted talent.so true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 18, 2017, 11:02 AM

That's an excellent article and explains so much more than previous articles. Thank goodness for his strong mother whose held him to a high standard and makes him accountable. Sounds like he's gonna be out of luck with the NFL but maybe he'll be smart enough to get back to Clemson for his degree.

Feb 18, 2017, 11:21 AM

Any student-athlete having feelings of leaving might need to read this. Agree on strong mother, he should have listened. Did anyone catch the mistake? "When Hopper stepped on campus in 2012, the Tigers’ receiving corps featured two future first-round picks in Hopkins and Watson" they meant Watkins instead of Watson.

Feb 18, 2017, 11:36 AM

I don't get it... he gets to run routes on Clemson's Pro Day? I don't mean to sound like a jerk but that takes looks away from Artavis & Leggett, no? Mike is already going top-10, even if he didn't show up for Pro Day. But Deshaun already has a million eyes on him. I'm not all for DW4 throwing to someone he's lost timing with in excess of a year's absence. And I'm not really a fan of Artavis not getting all the targets he deserves to impress scouts as this will be one of his last opportunities to prove just how amazing he is.

Sorry G-Hop, not a huge fan of your decisions or how you left. I'm surprised this is even happening to be honest. And the revelation of the reasons behind him leaving come about a year late.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,602
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic