Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Artavis Scott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,069

Artavis Scott

Dec 1, 2014, 7:25 PM

stepped on campus as a 4-star and after this season he's a 5-star stud! He made 4 plays that really made me wonder how he's a true freshman.

1. Catch against UGA, maybe even his first career catch where he jumped over the DB and brung it down cleanly. For a guy who's 5'9-5'10 (I'm not buying 5'11 at all after seeing him in person), the kid has some ups.

2. Not backing down against FSU. In the first quarter he and Ronald Darby, who will be a 1st round pick this year got after each other and Scott actually took the fight to Darby. The kid was locked in and no question is a gamer.

3. TD against UNC. Left me speechless. Dragging 2-3 grown men into the end zone with him as a true freshman showed his strength although his small stature. He already has more heart than I've ever seen from Clowney.

4. TD against SCar. On the jet sweep going into the west end zone, it was a very small move he made but it's what got him extra yards and ultimately TD. He was on about the 40 yard line he made a quick change of direction where he basically baited the safety in and then took it outside. Then of course "Crushing the 5-Peat" by stepping on Skai Moore's hand on the sideline to get the TD.

Great freshman campaign by Scott and he will only get better!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Artavis Scott

Dec 1, 2014, 7:29 PM

Can we get a picture of him stepping on his hand!?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here ya go ...

Dec 1, 2014, 7:50 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/photo.do?album=72157649121879880&photo=15729377289

Dec 1, 2014, 7:31 PM

When he enrolled early in January you could see it. He already had a grown man's physique. He's only gonna get better at route running and catching.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:31 PM

He's got the competitive factor that Sammy and Nuk had. It's impossible to do what he did in our system without it.

I think a lot of people underestimate how much Chad asked out of the WRs...the fact that he's a starter is impressive in itself. That he's a gamechanger is icing on the cake.

Looking forward to a few more years.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:38 PM

Was impressed with his high school vids. You could see he was special. Hopefully we can close with McCloud and Cain.As they're impact freshmen also.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:35 PM

That move at the 40 destroyed the safety, when you watch it again notice that the safety was in position to make the stop and then in a split second he was 10 yards behind the play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 7:38 PM

Wait till Deon Cain gets here, he is a notch above everyone currently on campus.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 7:40 PM

Cain will start from day 1.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:42 PM

you know if he is an early enrolee?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 7:49 PM

He was not one of the 13 to sign a financial aid agreement.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cain is not, Ray-Ray is.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Artavis Scott ]

nm

Don't forget Peake!!!

Dec 1, 2014, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Artavis Scott ]

I hope for:

Williams
Scott
Peake

Cain
McCloud
Thompson/Kitt

G-Hop may transfer b/c Scott is head and shoulders above him at this point. Really hope he focuses and gets his head together.

the starting recieving corp with Cain, Williams, and Scott

Dec 1, 2014, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Artavis Scott ]

will rival the 2012 corp with Sammy, Nuk, and Brown

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

heckuva post

Dec 1, 2014, 7:44 PM

Yep, he's the real deal. What impresses me is yards after the catch, about any situation. Stronger than he looks, and fifth gear is pretty good too.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:45 PM

I remember myself and few other posters on here reassuring other posters/fans on here that we would be in good hands once Sammy left..

All we said was "watch the highlight reel on Artavis and Demarre and you will feel better that our future is bright"...Demarre was slowed a bit this year in touches but should be a factor next season, and the true freshmen we have coming in Cain and Ray Ray...Jesus folks, look the hell out!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

He reminds me of Percy Harvin

Dec 1, 2014, 7:53 PM

It'll be interesting to see how the new OC uses him. Dynamic speedster but also Scott possesses the heart and strength to maybe be a hybrid WR/RB in some situations. Kid has GUTS.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Artavis Scott ]

your use of the name Jesus in a slang meaning is not acceptable especially in combination with a curse word. I understand that perhaps no one has shared that with you so Just mark it down for future reference.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:49 PM

For as good as Scott is, Alexander is as equally impressive on the defensive dude of the ball. Dude plays with venom.

Dec 1, 2014, 8:04 PM

Alexander only had one bad game and that was at Georgia Tech, when EVERYONE except O'Daniel had an off game. Outside of GT, that one play against FSU was costly but he didn't know it was 3rd and 24 or something like that. Great freshman campaign as well. Lock down corner.

Great read!! Thanks

Dec 1, 2014, 8:00 PM

Great read!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,069
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic