Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Green or Kamara?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 3,856

Green or Kamara?

Jul 12, 2012, 8:06 PM

I know a lot of people on here are rally high on Green, and I agree he is good. Though I'm not sure if people like him so much because they are very impressed with him or because Rivals lists him as a "5 star". I like the chance of a big bruising back that we haven't had in a LONG time (and I don't consider James Davis a big back). And it would be interesting to see how a big back works in the Morris offense. I think the 4.3 forty time is completely off, or at least it doesn't translate to the on field video that I saw. While I would certainly LOVE to have him, I'm not sure he is the "can't miss, program changer" that a lot of people seem to think he is. I could be wrong, but there is nothing on the highlight videos that I have seen that make me fall out of my chair, but then these are just short video clips so I'm not getting the full picture.

Kamara on the other hand is really impressive in his highlight videos. Maybe not in the same way as Spiller or Bellamy, but impressive none-the-less. He is about the size of Ellington, but hits the hole very quickly and with authority. He is capable of running defenders over even though he is not a "big back". The only thing I'm not blown away with is that he doesn't have that extra gear that Spiller or Bellamy have.

I'm far from a recruiting expert, but I just don't understand why he is rated behind (Rivals) Mizzell and Dye.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Jul 12, 2012, 8:19 PM

I wouldn't base to much on which is rated ahead of the other. Is the #4 rated RB really better than the #6 or #11 rated RB? The important thing is that all are rated among the very elite RBs in the country. Dye, Green, Kamara . . . I'll take any one or any combination.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Does not matter which one we like. 1st one to commit wins.

Jul 12, 2012, 8:22 PM

We are only taking 1 more RB this year

I could be wrong, but I honestly think we'd take at least

Jul 12, 2012, 8:33 PM

two if they were the right two. Some of the guys that are considering us are just too good to turn away.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I could be wrong, but I honestly think we'd take at least

Jul 12, 2012, 11:17 PM

Agree, I think we would take any 2 of the 3 if they committed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo told Green we are only taking 1 more RB. Pretty sure he

Jul 13, 2012, 8:21 AM

told Wayne Gallman the same thing when he commited. So unless he was lying to them I think we are only taking one more. We already have 2 for next year also(2014)

From reading the posts in this forum I can guarentee.....

Jul 12, 2012, 8:27 PM

More than one person is "High on Green" in here :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh man....I want all 4 of them

Jul 12, 2012, 8:31 PM

Green and Kamara are both great I'd take them both....I'm also a believer in Dye too. Mizzell would work great in our offense too. I Think Kamara would be a great fit because of his pass catching ability

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Green is THE RB this cycle, bar none.***

Jul 12, 2012, 8:33 PM

Re: Green is THE RB this cycle, bar none.***

Jul 12, 2012, 8:51 PM

But what makes you think that he is THE RB this cycle? While he's bigger than Kamara he doesn't appear to be any more physical, and appears to be a bit slower. I think it's interesting that everyone sees different things in each of these players, so I would like to hear what you are seeing that makes him stand out above the rest.

Harper was a 5 Star big back

Jul 12, 2012, 8:36 PM

Plus I've read Dye will have some grade problems so all the more he'll end up in the SEC.

I want Green and so does Morris.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dye

Jul 12, 2012, 8:36 PM

He is explosive...fun to watch

I love RB talk

Jul 12, 2012, 8:59 PM

Green- Power/Speed Back
Kamara- Hard Hitting but Small Back
Dye- Scat Back

I like Greens attributes. Like others have said he has scary speed for such a big back. I think he has a good chance to have a great career at Clemson. I also believe this is the back Chad Morris is looking for. Having him and Zac Brooks in the backfield offers you a lot of looks. Id love to see how Chad Morris would use him.

Kamara seems to be a great back and has great vision. He seems to me to be the prototypical build Clemson has recruited the last few years but hits harder. He seems to have great hands when catching passes as well. Id love to see him in Orange and Purple.

We already have Dalvin Cook in 2014.

Jul 12, 2012, 9:07 PM

He is a speedster, probably the best of his class. We need a pure power back in the 2013 class. Green is the answer.

Re: We already have Dalvin Cook in 2014.

Jul 12, 2012, 9:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mp5WqLGWXs

Dalvin Cook scores at 2:45 and at 5 min.

Re: Armwood RB

Jul 13, 2012, 5:49 AM

Doesn't Cook also score on the kick return around the 7 min mark? He does look good/fast. It will be nice to see how he develops and puts on weight....

Also, I noticed that the Armwood RB in the video looked really good with the size and speed combination. Looked him up and his name is Matt Jones. Looked to see where he signed, and he will be with the Florida Gators this year. His recruiting caption noted that we also recruited him. I'll be interested to see how he looks in college as well.

Green.

Jul 12, 2012, 9:27 PM

Why?......

3rd and goal on the 2 yard line.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have Nkimdeche for that.

Jul 12, 2012, 10:00 PM

Seriously, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at RB in short yardage.

- H. L. Mencken

I like Gallman!

Jul 12, 2012, 9:31 PM

Let's face it, Gallman is underrated but is a stud. Imagine JD in Morris' offense and this is what Gallman brings.

As for green/dye/kamara?

Green has the most interest because he only played the first half of games during the regular season and still racked up ridiculous yards and TDs. Plus he seems to fit the NFL mold already.

Dye and Kamara have more question marks, but are both more than capable of being at that 205+ lb running back we need.

Agreed, Green is a NFL prototype

Jul 12, 2012, 9:56 PM

I would love watching him for years to come as a starter in the NFL, and being able to brag that he was a Tiger. This is the type of back we need to boost our program.

Re: Green or Kamara?

Jul 12, 2012, 9:38 PM

I agree. We need a Raymond Priester type or Jerome Bettis smasher. More than any of that, we need good OLine performance!! I still say live and let Dye.

Love them all, but Green is #1.***

Jul 12, 2012, 10:01 PM

Jul 12, 2012, 10:09 PM

I'm really high on Dye. IMO, I believe that Dye is better than Green and Kamara. Like I said though, just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2012, 10:33 PM

Most people don't like Green because of the highlights that Rivals has for him. They are only his sophomore highlights.

Here is his junior film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0gSsZn4Czo

good clip - just be sure the sound is turned down. ;-)***

Jul 12, 2012, 10:40 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Jul 12, 2012, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Green or Kamara? ]

Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen this video yet. I still don't see the speed that everyone is talking about though. He did break more tackles in this video than the other ones I saw.

Jul 12, 2012, 10:49 PM

On a side note, will Green saying that Dabo told him he was their #1 RB recruit hurt us with Dye and Kamara? Being that these guys are top prospects I'm not sure how they would take not being the top priority.

Jul 13, 2012, 9:31 AM

I am torn between Green and Kamara. I would like to see another power back at Clemson with speed but then I love speed backs like Spiller. Espn says Green has 4.3 speed but I just dont see it in the film and we have already recruited Dalvin Cooke for 2014. I watched the video that was posted here on Tigernet of him racing other prospects and it is ridiculous how quick he is. I prefer to have Kamara to pair with Gallman. However, if we decide to take Green instead, im not going to cry at all. He is a great prospect and both will be great for our organization

Replies: 27
| visibility 3,856
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic