Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are you still in a funk, as I am, after our Tigers missed playing in their 3rd Natty?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Are you still in a funk, as I am, after our Tigers missed playing in their 3rd Natty?!

Jan 26, 2018, 7:41 PM

Guess I'd become spoiled & a bit satisfied with the surreal 2016 success and honestly didn't believe they'd be in final 4 this time around after losing so many talented players..

but when they finished the regular season @ #1, I became a bit entitled mentally and felt we'd gut er done and play our way to the championship game again..

but never envisioned Bama's D being so nasty mean
to our O Team and shutting them down without a Touch!

Geez, that sux big time & crushed my ego to the bone and thus I'm down..Still!

How bout You?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you still in a funk, as I am, after our Tigers missed playing in their 3rd Natty?!

Jan 26, 2018, 8:05 PM

Always sucks to lose, but after the initial funk the day after, I realized what a bright future we have when we make it to the playoffs in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

I remember the days when rebuilding meant we'd probably miss going to a bowl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you still in a funk, as I am, after our Tigers missed playing in their 3rd Natty?!

Jan 26, 2018, 8:45 PM

No, I turned to basketball to cheer me up, which worked pretty well til Donte got hurt just as we hit the UNC-UVA stretch. But still hopeful that our younger players can keep the round ball rolling.

No I'm fine .... just getting

Jan 26, 2018, 8:46 PM

excited about what in store for the next 3 years. (Can't look much more ahead at my age.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2018, 8:52 PM

Not really. I'm still celebrating our NC from a year ago. Hope we get another soon, but I took that loss easier than I did 2015.

Well Beth Mowins would be worse***

Jan 26, 2018, 8:56 PM

Jan 27, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you still in a funk, as I am, after our Tigers missed playing in their 3rd Natty?! ]

Oh, I'm with you. I can't get over losing in 2015 cause I felt like we really won that game. I still feel cheated. This year, no, they beat us.

Ehhhhh, not so bad.......

Jan 27, 2018, 4:28 AM

#2, #1, and #4 that last three years respectively. I know of some teams that haven't finished at any of those spots in over a hundred years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

no not at all***

Jan 27, 2018, 4:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should get over being spoiled rat now.

Jan 27, 2018, 7:18 AM

Hartins is due home any minute and he'll tear a limb off that tree and tan your hide when he hears about this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good grief no. That game was almost a month ago. That’s a month

Jan 27, 2018, 8:58 AM

that I would have wasted feeling bad about losing to the national champions, instead of being excited about:

1) winning the ACC for the third time in a row.
2) going to the playoffs for the third time in a row.
3) bringing in a class that is about one third five star recruits.
4) bringing in a few “six star” recruits on the D Line who decided “one more year”.
5) having amazing success after losing NFL caliber QB, TE, WR and RB.

This is hands-down the golden age of Clemson Football. Get as nostalgic as you want, nothing compares. That loss ruined my evening on 1/1 but that was it. Way too much to love about this program, the success of this past season and the success to come.

null

You can't tell me this mother ###### isn't a troll

Jan 27, 2018, 9:06 AM

Most likely some 30 year-old in his mother's basement who fabricated a persona for himself in order to reconcile years of disappointed and missed opportunities.

Not really. Our guys exceeded expectations, IMO.

Jan 27, 2018, 9:21 AM

I will take a 3rd straight ACC title and #4 in the country every time in a "rebuilding" year.

Pre-season I honestly thought KB would be replaced by game 3 and he was great for 12 games. Not a perfect QB and not DW4, but no one ever will be. Kudos to KB.

My only disappointment was how the season ended. We had no answers against Bama and I am still convinced we're just as good as them. If only Cain made that 3rd down catch. If only we didn't screw the pooch on the first series of the 3rd quarter, I am convinced we could have won, as UGA should have. Then again, maybe Satan (I mean Saban) put in Tua against us (he planned to but didn't need to) and Tua lights us up.

Pay your money and take your chances.

I'm not in a funk. I'm proud.

AND THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am good. I think we maxed out our team last season.

Jan 27, 2018, 9:25 AM

We did our best I believe.

Jan 27, 2018, 9:28 AM

I’m way over the game didn’t really bother me too much because I kind of expected what happened.
I was hoping we would maybe try to have HJ ready in case needed .
At least change things up if Bama shut us down but oh well I guess you go with what got you there.

on the bright side you didn't have to B&Moan about $$ in ATL***

Jan 27, 2018, 10:05 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. It’s been almost a month since we lost.

Jan 27, 2018, 10:55 AM

It’s sad if you are still allowing that loss to affect your life and this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 27, 2018, 11:25 AM

Wearing a Clemson shirt going through the Fort Lauderdale airport this morning. Gentleman said he was a long time fan and sits in a luxury box and has for years. Asked me what I thought and I told him 12-2 after the expectation was good and, while disappointed, I could not find a reason to complain.
He said the team was lousy and very inconsistent. Spoiled is the right word. Do you think some people would prefer "Perfection or we stink" as next years slogan?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic