Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are you kidding me?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Are you kidding me?

Sep 12, 2016, 9:21 PM

Are u f....n kidding me?! How can a true Clemson fan boo DW4? what he's done for this program is truly amazing! Do you honestly believe we would've been 14-1 last year without him? How many games would we might of lost? NC State, Notre Dame & yes... even USUC. He basically carried us on his back on those games. We wouldn't have been playing in the ACC Championship if it wasn't for him, and yes he carried us in the UNCheat game, also. Give DW4 a break, he's gonna be alright!

GO TIGERS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The elf you talking about Wllis?

Sep 12, 2016, 9:24 PM

When did fans boo him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you kidding me?

Sep 12, 2016, 9:26 PM

I agree, but wait til we actually lose a game(which will happen one day), some people don't realize where we all would be without him but that just goes to show you can never make everyone happy.

I was there Saturday, nobody booed Watson

Sep 12, 2016, 9:33 PM

Some of us, me included, felt he needed a series off because he went into a slump where he missed receivers by a lot. He seemed almost agitated after a series by his head down and shaking head illustrated. After all those drops he started pressing, thought he needed a series to watch and see what D was giving him and where they were lining up since he just seemed off a bit.

But nobody booed Watson, but were some booes in general no doubt!!

Sep 12, 2016, 9:30 PM

I wasn't at the game, I had to work. But I read on TNET that some fans were booing him. Only an idiot would boo your own team, much less DW4! I've never booed the Tigers and never will!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2016, 9:33 PM

I could never understand booing a college player from your school. I dosn't make a lot of sense no matter how you present it, but there are some crappy fans in every bunch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were booing the vanilla playcalling

Sep 12, 2016, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you kidding me? ]

And poor execution of the offense. Cant blame them for be frustrated. It wasnt directed towards DW4.

Don't believe everything you read

Sep 12, 2016, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you kidding me? ]

particularly in here.

People booed the refs. That's all the boos I heard.

The refs deserved it!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Is this 'free association' night?***

Sep 12, 2016, 9:32 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 12, 2016, 9:37 PM

I didn't hear any booing of DW4....at least not that I recognized as such, and I was there. I mean I have selective hearing....

- There were groans on missed conversions.
- There was a collective "What the WHAT??!!" followed by a deflating balloon sound on the punt return "fumble" (and I use that word loosely).
- And a golf clap for a nice punt...

Look - it was a weird day. Several top tier programs didn't play up to expectations (see Nick Saban's rant on Lane Kiffin).

In a couple of weeks we will be looking at a big time game vs. UL and all this will be forgotten.

Message was edited by: BattlePhrogs Forever®

Sep 12, 2016, 9:38 PM

Agreed, I'm pissed about performance but no one has booed him. Wouldn't say he carried the wins by himself last year either; there were a lot of people that put together more than their fair share of effort to win those games. It is kind of disrespectful to say such a thing; it was a many allowing dw4 to perform at that level. I don't think it's all him for one second.

Sep 12, 2016, 9:45 PM

I'm not being disrespectful to any of our players. Without him I think we still would've won most of our games, but the NC State game sticks out the most, without him that day we lose! NC State came to play and give it their best shot but everytime they scored DW4 would lead us down the field.

As was said earlier....it wasn't the players being booed....

Sep 12, 2016, 9:43 PM

I was at the game. The booing occurred due to the officiating crew being completely incompetent, and taking far too long to review plays. They also huddled for just about every flag that was thrown. One of the reasons that game lasted 4+ hours. A game lasting that long in 95 degree heat would cause any fanbase to become restless.

Message was edited by: solidorangetigerfan14®

Sep 12, 2016, 11:00 PM

I remember the Hatfield days. A lot of our players and staff got treated pretty badly by some fans. Our fanbase, like all others, has its share of mean, nasty, hateful people. Thankfully we do not have near as many as USUCS Cootbase.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic