Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are you guys enjoying the record high Stock Market?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 507

Are you guys enjoying the record high Stock Market?

Aug 24, 2020, 2:40 PM

I am along with business busting out at the seams. Although I'm too old for these 60 hour weeks, they are getting old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you guys enjoying the record high Stock Market?

Aug 24, 2020, 2:45 PM

Its great. We have record highs under most presidents in modern history I would think. We had them under Obama and Clinton. Did W? Probably at one point right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 2:52 PM

Aug 24, 2020, 3:10 PM

Your mind is getting you again. This will be a touch long. That's not why I said that. It's a non factor. It's just about percentages as you well know. They have been great under Trump. I am just pointing out that its not a big deal to have an all time high djia and 30 stocks. It happens under every president. That's all that was stated. It will happen under the next president as well. I am not saying anything else other than that. What are you disputing? On a similar note, I was with my friend and his Dad is a borderline billionaire and with Ashok Dadala who is a VP from Morgan Stanley. We were a foursome at The Bridge in the Hamptons golfing. I was a guest of my friend and his dad. Anyway Ashok was talking about all these random stocks and what not to my friend's dad. My friends dad cut Ashok off and said, "Why are you telling me this stuff Ashok? You and I both know that you just invest in S&P index funds and that they consistently go up. You're not going beat them over the long haul." I paraphrased, but that was very close. Ashok agreed and they never mentioned another word about the market. Anyway, I was just saying that it's not a big deal to see the DJIA at an all time high. Its happens with just about every president now. It's expected.

Aug 24, 2020, 3:16 PM

By the way, Ashok was the team manager on the basketball team at Duke when Laetner hit that shot vs Kentucky.

Not really.

Aug 24, 2020, 2:50 PM

I'm not a day trader and I'm not retiring in the next 30 years, so it's pretty irrelevant to me. Glad you're having a good time, though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?

Aug 24, 2020, 3:03 PM

Has the bottom dropped out of hookers and blow already?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m pulling that cord in 15 years

Aug 24, 2020, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Not really. ]

If nothing else, you can feel happy for me!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 2:55 PM

No I have sat at home for 4 months and not really done anything, so I just signed up for my kids to get free lunches. I did build a deck out of pallet wood though, so that saved us a little money.

Only you rich people can understand the stock market.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes and no

Aug 24, 2020, 3:02 PM

I'd enjoy it more if it was not primarily juiced by a giant liquidity bubble. People should be wary of the debt-to-earnings ratio. This market can't last forever.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/corporate-america-choking-debt-imperiling-100000755.html

Re: yes and no

Aug 24, 2020, 3:07 PM

so we both worry about debt.

Aug 24, 2020, 3:47 PM

Corporate debt is what I'm talking about in relation to the stock market. Stock market has been propped up by 1.6 Trillion dollars of lending, and that money won't disappear from the balance sheets for awhile.

The market has become a reflection of its constituent companies in that they are expecting to be bailed out every time there are setbacks with cheap money. The stock market has a fantasy that this can go on forever because they assume the fed and the government has no choice but to make these giant piles of money available.

The market seems to be trading based on a liquidity mindset and not a solvency mindset. That's dangerous.

Not really...

Aug 24, 2020, 3:36 PM

Because I’m nowhere close to retirement. And if you are still working 60+ hours per week and are over 50 (just a guess), you must own your own business or just enjoy what you do.

Or you just want to keep your job***

Aug 24, 2020, 3:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! Well that too...agree.***

Aug 24, 2020, 3:42 PM

Absolutely.

Aug 24, 2020, 3:47 PM

It would suck for many older folks to fear early death by Covid AND seeing their retirement accounts dwindle away at the same time. Good thing big business, outside of heavy travel-centric, was able to keep moving along. It's the many small businesses and their employees that concern me the most at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely.

Aug 24, 2020, 3:49 PM

We are only talking about 30 companies that make up the DJIA.

Aug 24, 2020, 4:00 PM

Aug 24, 2020, 4:08 PM

Good points. Good points other than the nightmare part. I don't think it's a nightmare for him at all though. The masses aren't doing that well. I don't think the stock market is going to be much of a major factor. I really don't. I think Trump will win, but I think it is going to be because Dems are less excited about Biden and are more apathetic. The passionate Dems live in places that are already going Dem imo.

Aug 24, 2020, 4:12 PM

Aug 24, 2020, 4:28 PM

If it were spiralling it would help Biden.

I don't notice the stock market.***

Aug 24, 2020, 3:48 PM

Ask me again in 5-10 years when I cash out***

Aug 24, 2020, 4:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 4:46 PM

we are booming, but it has everything to do with interest rates being so low. A lot of our smaller competitors got wiped out due to COVID, we picked up a ton of new clients both US and international. We are turning down work for the first time since we opened our doors.

60 hour weeks, sounds about right, been doing them since March.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 4:49 PM

Do you personally make more because of it?

Aug 24, 2020, 5:23 PM

I get a percentage of the company and am first in line for CEO when my boss retires.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 507
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic