Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What would be accomplished by releasing THE MEMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 804

What would be accomplished by releasing THE MEMO

Feb 1, 2018, 8:55 AM

to the public, that couldn't be accomplished without releasing it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE MEMO = THE DOSSIER = Whatever.***

Feb 1, 2018, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you just unintentionally caught on to the brilliance

Feb 1, 2018, 9:01 AM

of THE MEMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elaborate?***

Feb 1, 2018, 9:17 AM

If there is anything damning in the memo at all,

Feb 1, 2018, 10:09 AM

not releasing it is almost as effective as releasing it as far as Trump messaging goes.

If there is little in there that is bad, not releasing it is more effective than releasing it.

It's virtually a no-lose strategy from the standpoint of influencing public perception.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I correct in stating that you believe that the primary

Feb 1, 2018, 10:17 AM

purpose of releasing the memo, then, would be to influence perception of the President?

No, I believe it's a counter-attack.

Feb 1, 2018, 10:27 AM

There's certainly a PR aspect to it, and I'd say that part is working. I believe there is some substance behind it too, but I have no clue if it will end up being some minor infractions or widespread fraud and conspiracy. Even the complaints about it don't say "it's fake", rather they don't like how certain facts are portrayed, so I think there's something there, but who knows how bad.

Point being, there is virtually no downside to "the legend of the memo" being put out there for those who put it out.

Perception-wise, the "damage" has been done...

Feb 1, 2018, 10:33 AM

I think that's what you're saying, and I think I agree. To me, that gives even more reason to not necessarily release it in full, publicly, if it is true that it could compromise intelligence methods.

The proper authorities can already act on the information contained therein, if needed.

Re: No, I believe it's a counter-attack.

Feb 1, 2018, 12:01 PM [ in reply to No, I believe it's a counter-attack. ]

I believe there is some substance behind it too, but I have no clue if it will end up being some minor infractions or widespread fraud and conspiracy.

You once said that it was pretty obvious that the investigation seemed to have more broken laws, rules, and standards than any you could remember from recent history.

Did you have any laws, rules, or standards in mind when you said that? Or did you have "no clue," to borrow your phrase from your post here?

Honest question, because I have yet to hear about any laws broken. Admittedly, you might be paying better attention than I am.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Discrediting the FBI and building Trump up*****

Feb 1, 2018, 9:01 AM

Finding out how far Comey, et al, will go to protect

Feb 1, 2018, 9:05 AM

OBAMA

Re: Finding out how far Comey, et al, will go to protect

Feb 1, 2018, 9:07 AM

Comey was so determined to make Hillary win that he ruined her campaign 11 days before the election. He's that sly.

This is where you're wrong

Feb 1, 2018, 9:15 AM

Hillarys campaign was ruined far before 11 days before the election.

Hillarys campaign was ruined the second she ignored Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, the moment she decided to let the brave men in Benghazi die, the day she erased her emails from her private server.

Comey didn't impact the election.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Ignoring states has some merit.

Feb 1, 2018, 9:19 AM

The rest of your statement...no. And don't get me wrong, I didn't vote for Hillary, and I wasn't voting for her before Comey reopened the investigation, but don't think that didn't impact the election, possibly to the point of tipping it to Trump. Hillary is a POS, but 4 independent committees and investigations could find no wrongdoing in Benghazi. But the right beating that drum for 2 years worked magnificently. And private servers...c'mon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you denying two things here?

Feb 1, 2018, 9:25 AM

That Hillary made the call not to rescue Americans?

AND

That Hillary did not have a private email server, in which upon being discovered, she attempted to delete all of the evidence, including that she had sent classified information?

Because if in fact you are denying those two things, you are in denial of actual facts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did I deny either of those?

Feb 1, 2018, 9:36 AM

I clearly stated that Hillary is a POS. She always has been. Did either of those events result in criminal charges or indictments? Was either not thoroughly investigated for criminal wrongdoing, WELL before the reopening of the email server investigation 11 days prior to the election? Did that change who might have won the election? Dunno, as there's no real way to quantify that. Claiming that didn't have an impact on the election at all is dumb. I don't think you're that dumb. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you denying two things here?

Feb 1, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Are you denying two things here? ]

The House Committee headed by Gowdy determined it was the Department of Defense who acted slowly in extracting Americans from Benghazi. Their report certainly does not say that Hillary made a call not to rescue Americans.

AND

Hillary's deleted emails were claimed to be not work related, thus ok to delete. Neither Gowdy nor Comey found evidence otherwise, therefore it's safe to assume you haven't either.

It was also ruined when she stated she wanted to...

Feb 1, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to This is where you're wrong ]

bring a bunch of Muslims in at a time when the nation didn't want that. That was a stinker campaign promise.

Re: This is where you're wrong

Feb 1, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to This is where you're wrong ]

Trump won by about 80,000 votes spread across 3 states.

You can't seriously think Comey didn't have that level of impact.

In fact, I think people from both campaigns have said publicly that that's the moment internal polling showed the election swing.

"internal polling"

Feb 1, 2018, 9:30 AM

doesnt poll a good sample of Americans. The silent majority was ignored by the political elite, and it backfired.

Not denying Comey played a roll late by any means, but her campaign was ruined far before that.

Clinton received almost 5 million more votes than Trump.

Feb 1, 2018, 9:46 AM

Please tell us about this "silent majority" you speak of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clinton received almost 5 million more votes than Trump.

Feb 1, 2018, 9:54 AM

It's called the "Electoral College".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^my man has got an extremely constitutional point

Feb 1, 2018, 11:18 AM

We know liberals hate the constitution.

It wasn't the "silent majority" you referred to.

Feb 1, 2018, 11:37 AM

You got a bit confused.

Comey was one of many factors imo.

Feb 1, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: This is where you're wrong ]

He didn't help. That timing was terrible. She was flawed well before that, but he also hurt.

Feb 1, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Finding out how far Comey, et al, will go to protect ]

Hillary lost when everyone found out the podesta bros. kidnapped Madeline McCann

http://victuruslibertas.com/2016/11/do-john-and-tony-podesta-have-a-connection-with-missing-child-madeleine-mccann/

Feb 1, 2018, 10:31 AM

Podesta drinking breast milk and ##### shakes didn’t help either

Why couldn't that be done without releasing it?***

Feb 1, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Finding out how far Comey, et al, will go to protect ]

Can't Nunes call a press conference and say...

Feb 1, 2018, 9:18 AM

"We have discovered through investigation that Comey...."?

Given the stooge Nunes and his lack of credibility, putting

Feb 1, 2018, 9:51 AM

him front and center in front of the nation as the spokesperson for this memo would reduce it's effectiveness. I'm sure they want him to release it, but keep his face and his words out of the press as much as possible and let the focus be on the memo.

Trump has zero concerns about any damage that might result from the release of this memo. This is all about him. Have you ever seen a human being act so guilty?

Re: What would be accomplished by releasing THE MEMO

Feb 1, 2018, 9:50 AM

If I may answer your question with a question, what would be accomplished by not releasing THE MEMO?

Re: What would be accomplished by releasing THE MEMO

Feb 1, 2018, 9:59 AM

Preservation of the integrity of any congressional investigations, important intelligence information, and law enforcement officers.

Any information found can be presented in the committee's final report. There is no reason to release it now other than to raise public support for Trump interfering in Mueller's investigation.

According to what I've read, there is a possibility

Feb 1, 2018, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: What would be accomplished by releasing THE MEMO ]

that its public release could compromise certain intelligence and surveillance procedures.

The way I see it, all the important people,

Feb 1, 2018, 10:23 AM

the decision-makers about the Justice Department, have seen the contents of this memo. So, if someone in the FBI or otherwise did something illegal, charge them with a crime and arrest them. If someone did something unethical, but perhaps not illegal, fire them. And announce these things publicly.

I guess I don't get the point of THE MEMO, if the goal is to improve or establish the integrity of the FBI and intelligence community.

Maybe the same thing can be accomplished by releasing a redacted version of THE MEMO, where the points of concern about revealing intelligence methods are removed.

The memo is supposed to "improve the integrity of the FBI?

Feb 1, 2018, 10:35 AM

You actually believe that?

I don't know.

Feb 1, 2018, 10:37 AM

I guess I'm hoping that's what the goal is here. If that's not the goal, then I think perhaps they have the wrong goal.

I got a chuckle out that one.

Feb 1, 2018, 10:51 AM

You would be the only person on the face of the Earth that believes this is about improving the credibility of the FBI. I doubt you are that gullible.

THIS has always been the reason

Feb 1, 2018, 11:07 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/politics/nunes-memo-donald-trump/index.html?adkey=bn

I would actually agree with you that it'd be a smarter play to not release it because the idea of what's in the memo is going to be so much more powerful than the actual truth (as it pertains to Trump's base). I think the original intention was never to release it, but they oversold it and I predict it's going to blow up in their faces. We shall see.

Agree. That's why I want them to release the memos

Feb 1, 2018, 11:58 AM

Mueller gets more evidence of obstruction with each new day.

Replies: 38
| visibility 804
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic