Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are you BB haters going to get your wish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 3,113

Are you BB haters going to get your wish

Feb 3, 2018, 9:25 AM

BB is going to get offers to move to other schools after this great season and with all the hate posted about him on tigernet, who would blame him if he leaves. Are the BB haters going to get their wish?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you BB haters going to get your wish

Feb 3, 2018, 9:34 AM

Lol where is he going to get offers from?

Feb 3, 2018, 9:49 AM

TD? I just want to know where? What school that is better than or equal to Clemson is going to offer him a job?

Feb 3, 2018, 11:50 AM

> TD? I just want to know where? What school that is
> better than or equal to Clemson is going to offer him
> a job?

I think this is what you don’t understand. It’s not which school is better than or equal to CU but which basketball program is equal to or better than CU’s basketball program. The answer is a lot of schools have better basketball programs. Schools where basketball is the big dog on campus. Places where they fill the gym every night. Places which have a natural recruiting area. Places which have a tradition of competing and winning games in the dance most years.

Feb 3, 2018, 11:56 AM

No crap dude. When I say what school is better than Clemson in a post about basketball we are talking about Clemson basketball vs other basketball programs. What school would want BB that has better basketball tradition than Clemson? He took over a Clemson basketball program that went to the tourney 3 straight years. He went once with OPs players and hasn't been back.

Feb 3, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you BB haters going to get your wish ]

Does Tri County have a team? OP is delusional

Good for Brownlee, after 8ish years of futility it's about time...

Feb 3, 2018, 9:36 AM

he earned his keep.

And I don't hate the man, not sure I'm aware of anyone that does. He seems a good person, but they lowered his buy-out for good reason and it's really not that awful to expect more than what's been given.

I enjoyed your post; thanks for the smiles on a beautiful Saturday mourne.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for Brownlee, after 8 years of futility it's about time

Feb 3, 2018, 9:48 AM

Yea I don't think many hate him. I had backed him but last losing those close games and letting Oakland come back was on him. Now this year he gets tons of credit for what we are doing. Glad to see us turn it around. Maybe he needed the pressure.

Feb 3, 2018, 9:55 AM

I do not want to side with any one but I do think he is a very good coach. Recruiting
not so much at first but things are looking up. To answer the question who would
want him, Butler came calling a few years ago and CU would not neonate his Buy out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2018, 10:08 AM

In 15 when Stevens went to the Celtics??

I like this team, I like Coach and yes, just yesterday...

Feb 3, 2018, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Good for Brownlee, after 8 years of futility it's about time ]

I gave him tremendous props for the job he's done this year, but it does not wash away the stain of the prior ~7[Year 1 seems an anomaly].

Not looking up his contract extension last year when they lowered his buy-out by 75% and then another 50% in subsequent years, DRad will soon be in another situation where the term[3 yrs remaining after this?] can be used against the MBB program with the HC in question.

Good luck to CBB & the Tigers the rest of the way, but Brad got Brad in this tenuous situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about give him a chance with decent facilities

Feb 3, 2018, 11:26 AM

He has immense challenges in building a basketball program that Dabo could never imagine. All you guys think Coach K is ready to leave Duke to coach at Clemson, the historical elite program that we are.

By any reasonable standard, B.B. has done a fine job against poor odds and some bad luck.

I really hope he leaves so all the idiots get their wish and we get some superstar that stays here 2-3 years, or gets us in trouble with recruiting violations or makes us uncompetitive in easily the toughest league in the country.

Frankly, we don’t deserve Brownell and I hope he lands some place that values a quality coach and quality man. Clearly we don’t.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about give him a chance with decent facilities

Feb 3, 2018, 11:44 AM

Nobody is hating in BB. He is doing a fine job this year but OLiver took us to the tourney 3 years in a row with the facility's Brad has had. BB took us the first year with oPs players and hasn't got back since. So what are you saying again?

I'm not sure what's more pathetic, someone expecting

Feb 3, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to How about give him a chance with decent facilities ]

Coack K or you seating a comment in it, even as hyperbole.

Really, that's all anyone has before this year as he's had plenty of opportunity missing the post-season 4 of 7 years with his only trip to the NCAAT owed to the prior coach's players.

In year 7, his supposed best team and best chance at the Dance according to many, Clemson lost an opening home NIT game to Oakland after leading by ? in 2H. Our AD extended his contract slightly and ripped the stuffing out of CBB's buy-out so excuse me if the Clemson Administration show their cards as well - Brad agreed as he should.

If Brad leaves, good luck to him. If he garners more time after 8 years, good luck to him as well, but people have good reason to question his tenure based on the results.

And there's nothing wrong with fine, if you're Ok with it, it seems some are, but he did not earn the job and the opportunity selling fine or the lack of progress seen through 5-7 years.

I seated the Coach K comment

Feb 3, 2018, 3:34 PM

just for you.

Hope you enjoyed it.

And if you really expect us to be National Champions in basketball, why not go after Coach K???????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, no, just more of your usual droning, but I'd have...

Feb 3, 2018, 3:54 PM

enjoyed your apology to GWPTiger® for showing your ass, but that would have taken integrity.

And no, gosh bless Coach K for all he's accomplished at Duke, he's not leaving.

And good thing for Clemson if a national title is the goal, he's not the only one capable, nor is he the only one capable of returning more than 1 NCAAT appearance in 7 years or more than 3 post-season appearances in the same.

If Clemson falls somewhere in between, the program is still better off.

LOL, pressure from postings on the internet??? You’re

Feb 3, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Good for Brownlee, after 8 years of futility it's about time ]

giving yourself too much self importance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your argument is overly simplistic IMO.

Feb 3, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Good for Brownlee, after 8ish years of futility it's about time... ]

It's easy to say "We went to the NCAA Tournament the three years before Brownell, so he inherited a great program" but it isn't as simple as that. Yes, we made the NCAAs under Purnell, but we never won a game there. Purnell's most talented teams were in the rear view mirror and recruiting had taken a huge hit. There are certainly many different theories about why OP left for DePaul, including a significant raise, a desire to live in Chicago, and a rumored affair. Some or all of these reasons probably played into his decision, but one that isn't discussed much is the fact that Purnell's last two recruiting classes were not up to par. Although the team in 2009-2010 was talented, it was a step down from previous seasons and he only had one incoming recruit signed for 2010-2011. He was certainly thinking about his future seasons at Clemson, and how it was going to be much more difficult to continue his streak of NCAA Tournament appearances.

This is not to say that Brownell has done everything correctly. He did not recruit well enough his first 3-4 years here, but part of that was due to losing several key assistants a few years in a row to head coaching positions. Lack of staff continuity makes things difficult; we can look no further than football to see how important this is for recruiting consistently. Over the years, Brownell and his staff have improved relationships with high school coaches. Brownell also put in a ton of behind-the-scenes work to get funding for the new arena and practice facility. He almost single-handedly made this happen. Most people don't know that or give him credit for that, though.

Recruiting has improved, and we are seeing the results of that on the court. However, we are still less talented than many of the ACC teams we play, yet we are always competitive - and we are now winning many of the close games we lost last year. What you are seeing this year is not simply "what Brownell should be expected to do," but rather, an outstanding coaching job that is far greater than one should expect based on the level of administrative support, fan support, and talent he has in relation to what many other ACC coaches have.

Brad has matured a lot over the last 8 year, but so has our administration. Brad has had to scratch and claw for additional basketball funding, including raises for assistant coaches and approval for a long-awaited basketball support staff person. Radakovich seems to finally get it, or is at least saying the right things publicly. I honestly think the reason Brad wasn't fired last offseason is because DRad knew that he wasn't giving Brownell and the basketball program the support it needs. It wasn't just Brad who came to the table with things he needed and wanted to improve upon, but Radakovich doing the same as well. And of course, it helped that Brad has done everything else better than any previous basketball coach, including record team GPAs and graduation rates, as well as recruiting good kids who represent our program well on and off the court.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Your argument is overly simplistic IMO.

Feb 3, 2018, 1:24 PM

I love BB and think he is a good coach but that does not change the fact that he has underachieved. He may have done great things behind the scenes but you cannot blame fans for wanting more. Nobody is expecting us to be like the blue bloods of college basketball but we do expect to make the tournament every other year or so. You can throw the argument about the program all you want but others have made the tournament and had better winning % than BB has. Tho he has done better in the ACC. Now I do believe we are moving in the right direction and I like what BB is doing and I think we are recruiting good. I am not hating on him I just understand why people are not happy with him.

Good, I'm glad you feel he's "matured", it's long overdue...

Feb 3, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Your argument is overly simplistic IMO. ]

he's earned some of the money he's been paid for on court performance.

Clemson might not be able to ask for a better person, outside looking in, to lead young men into their next step in life. That's more important to me than titles, but it doesn't excuse the on court either as Clemson could hire 20, $100,000 mentors and shepherd far more young persons for the same money. The Administration made it clear that Brad's time was short and things needed to change - in short fashion. It didn't get to the point of raping his buy-out unless dissatisfaction existed where it mattered most - the powers that be. Good for them and clearly they support the sentiment others in the fan base shared, Brad's MBB under-performed, clearly.

As for my comment, it was intended to be a short and to the point, mostly aimed at the ridiculousness of hate. That's tiring and absurd. Sure, I imagine some have lost their ability to see through and around things and fashion anger toward the man, but why even address idiots of that nature? Let them die a long and lonely life, an internet life if necessary.

The depth of any response at this point in defense of one side or another is long passed the point of boredom and your rehashing is more of the same. Sorry, I appreciate the verve, but it changes nothing.

Good luck to our Tigers, but good folks had good reason[on either side] in discussing our coach's future. I can appreciate the journey, what brought some to their sentiment or point in this, but I don't need to share in the conclusions.

Brad did not win the job by laying out a plan that returned 3 post-seasons in 7 years. Sorry, he under-performed and our matured Administration called him to task for it.

Re: Good, I'm glad you feel he's "matured", it's long overdue...

Feb 3, 2018, 2:10 PM

APPLAUSE.....very well put. Today's game certainly isn't a gimme---not by any stretch---so a L today doesn't change the overall impression that BB has our team playing well. And to your point, BB is what got BB into his contract situation. It is what it is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

What is sad Judge

Feb 3, 2018, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Your argument is overly simplistic IMO. ]

Is that most on here didn't have a clue to the issues you outlined so well. As I've said for awhile, he was willing to lose his job here if cheating, which is what MANY on here do not realize was required for him to be "successful" at Clemson in short order, was the answer. We FINALLY have some decent facilities and a structure in place for him to recruit better. Let's allow the man the opportunity that would certainly enhance the next coaches chances at winning; think West Zone and what that has done for our football program alone.

For the record, making the Tourney is not a benchmark for me. In the ACC, you have to be in the top 7 to have a chance at the NCAA given all the automatic bids. This conference is ridiculously good and that is a tall order for a program like Clemson, especially with the additions of Cuse, ND, Pitt (historically quality team).

Feb 3, 2018, 10:03 AM

Seriously? One good year and now someone like you post about are the haters going to get their wish because other schools are going to come after Brownell? You obviously don't know how the basketball world of coaching works. The only way another school comes calling for Brownell is if he somehow wins a national title this year. Unfortunately for all the haters all the other schools have 7 prior years in which to make their decision on as well and well lets just say UNC-Wilmington wouldn't call to try and get him back after those 7 years. I have seen some dumb asinine post on TigerNet because well I think most of the posters on here are just out of elementary school but this one right here is right up there with the dumbest most asinine.

Feb 3, 2018, 10:10 AM

Lol. Yea I mean maybe a smaller school would try to get him but I don't see a school on our level wanting him until he proves for another year or 2 he can get to the tourney on the regular.

It's definitely going to take more than one good year

Feb 3, 2018, 12:33 PM

to build his resume to the level that he becomes a hot commodity.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think everyone likes CBB.

Feb 3, 2018, 10:09 AM

They just wanted us to win. Anyway, CBB isn't going anywhere.

i'm going to game, so i will yell my non-support at bb

Feb 3, 2018, 10:18 AM

i also may spit on wake players and throw water bottles

i haven't decided yet. one thing for sure, i'm gonna bang a chick in parking lot and take my shirt off inside ljvm

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: i'm going to game, so i will yell my non-support at bb

Feb 3, 2018, 10:36 AM

Wear garnet! Brings the right karma!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2018, 11:33 AM

LOL , I doubt BB will leave for a HS team ??

Would be a win win.***

Feb 3, 2018, 2:29 PM

I'm sure BB really cares what's said about him on TNet

Feb 3, 2018, 3:40 PM

Since they sign his check, right!

if BB leaves? Not missing sleep over that right now

Feb 3, 2018, 3:44 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 3,113
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic