Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we "sexier" than USCjr?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,451

Are we "sexier" than USCjr?

Dec 30, 2012, 2:15 AM

Well I know for a fact we have better history than them, and I knew before 2009, if you wanted to go to school in South Carolina, you would go to Clemson(no brainer), but does this 4 year streak change the national perception between us? I mean we do have a lead on the overall record, that will take them awhile to even tie, but I don't think they are a sexier program overall than us...they are just having a success spell.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything about Clemson is sexier.

Dec 30, 2012, 3:32 AM

The academics, campus, girls, stadium and the city as a whole. Colabumia is a wide gaping anus

Re: Are we "sexier" than USCjr?

Dec 30, 2012, 7:45 AM

Sexier.I never looked at football as sexy.
Now you want sexy.Who has the better looking coeds?

we are

Dec 30, 2012, 8:01 AM

Or at least we must be. We are the ones getting screwed by being in the ACC.

Clemson is like a home in Thornblade, USCjr is like a

Dec 30, 2012, 8:32 AM

trailer house in Newberry. Is that "sexier"? Yes I believe that it is.

Got something against Newberry?***

Dec 30, 2012, 8:43 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bull, if I had a home in Thornblade, I would sell it and

Dec 30, 2012, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Clemson is like a home in Thornblade, USCjr is like a ]

move to the country as quick as I could.

thread is way to bias

Dec 30, 2012, 8:50 AM

You would obviously need to ask a nuetral party. I dont believe clemson is as big nationally as people on tgis board think (not saying USC is).

The one thing USC has going for them nationally is a legendary collegiate coach, something no one can deny. Playing in the SEC is somrthing that makes them "sexier" as well. Even as a coot i do not pretend we have the notoriety of bama, florida, uga, lsu, auburn....we have finally passed tennessee and are close to auburn as they hve dropped off. We need to continue to beat uga and uf.

My take on clemson nationally is that they people dont know as much as they should. People know sammy watkins. He put clemson on the map last year. Even know he had an underwhelming year this year he is by far the most recognizable name by far. I think the convference hurts you and the lack of winning big nationally televised games does as well.

Bottom line is historically and traditionally clemson trumps usc by a landslide but i dont believe anyone outside of clemson cares about that. I know clemson has beat usc 4 in a row multiple times but people who dont follos our rivalry close may only see thr present streak. Especially in a trending time where SEC is talked about so much and the media and fans love the ACc/SEC battle. I think nationally people know clemson isgood but also know thr ACC sucks.

Overall, nationally my unbiased, and i mean that, i believe usc is "sexier" at the moment bc of conference affiliation. Ultimately though, neither school is very attractive nationally. This is just my opinion though, i hsve a lot of respect for clemson.

I think this is fairly accurate..

Dec 30, 2012, 9:15 AM

I live in Illinois now and my wife is from California, so I have some sense for what the national perception is (at least with folks I come in contact with). Quite honestly, we aren't perceived as this national powerhouse as some on here believe. There are even some people (who are football fans btw) who don't even realize we won the national championship. Some don't know we are in South Carolina and I get asked a lot "you guys are in the SEC right?" Some of the folks up here were familiar with us for Purnell and the fact we play Illinois a few times in a row in basketball. Usually my Tiger Paw stuff gets recognize and they get the school right, but most don't know much about us.

The Gamecocks are know for their "####" hats and Spurrier. Although, I will have to say this year people have heard of Clowney. I am always quick to point out to people (and my 4 year old does too) "you must go to McDonalds a lot if you know their hats" that usually gets an odd look and then I am quick to point out that is usually the job a USC degree gets you.

Last week I was wearing a Clemson shirt and lanyard and the conversation went something like this:

Guy: Oh, you went to Clemson.
Me: Yes
Guy: It's been rough year for you guys hasn't it?
Me: Did you not know we were 10-2?
Guy: I don't get to see many of your games, but seemed I heard about you losing a lot and you star was in trouble.

That is not unusual. People up here do like basketball better, but in any case that is what I see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: thread is way to bias

Dec 30, 2012, 10:07 AM [ in reply to thread is way to bias ]

A few facts you choose to ignore or just don't know. The Houston chapter of IPTAY has hundreds of members if not thousands. Long before computers the faithful would gather and have the games piped in via telephone. My brother was in Hawaii last year and numerous people approached him telling him how much they liked Clemson and they watched all the games on satellite. There are IPTAY chapters all over the nation. Not so for usuc. espn has gone way overboard to promote the sec, but usuc will always be the LITTLE BROTHER in their conference.
You say people don't know where Clemson is located.

Re: thread is way to bias

Dec 30, 2012, 10:08 AM

To finish, where is Purdue? Nuff said.

Re: Are we "sexier" than USCjr?

Dec 30, 2012, 9:06 AM

Unfortunately, I think they were discussed more in the national media this year and had more eyes watch their games than ours. A lot of this is due to their conference affiliation but I guess it makes them "sexier" as you say.

National perception is created by the media.

Dec 30, 2012, 9:43 AM

So there is your answer. Most people are too stupid to know how history works.

An example is watching meet the press and one of the talking heads saying how the dems have tried to compromise.....did they do that when they shoved obummer care down our throat? And most people will forget the past and believe it......then wonder what happened when history repeats itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Well, Kiplingers calls Clemson a "hot and trendy college"

Dec 30, 2012, 9:48 AM

Located in the middle of Columbia, SC, USC is just plain hot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, Kiplingers calls Clemson a "hot and trendy college"

Dec 30, 2012, 10:12 AM

I think the fact that almost everything i have read and seen has our bowl game listed as the 2nd or 3rd "sexiest" bowl game says alot about answering your question. Michigan is one of the biggest names in college football and their bowl game with scu is like 7th or 8th.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic