Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are our coaches smart enough to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,955

Are our coaches smart enough to

Oct 3, 2019, 12:35 PM

set up a conservative game plan in such a way so that the second and third teamers get real experience in a conference game, so that they get better and better with the end result of a much better top-to-bottom team. Not saying they meant for the game to come down to a 2 pt conversion, but I think they have a different and much bigger view of things than I do, and have the kahunas to stick to it!

Going back to holding down Gallman's carries in '16 when I couldn't understand why we just didn't run him and run him...until late in the season when he comes in fresh and helps lead the way.

I believe they know we can throw to Tee over the middle at any time, that we can mash opponents up the middle to run Lyn-J and ETN, and that Ross and company can get the ball up the field any time and at will. They don't share most folks' belief that beating teams by 40 is the best approach.

It is just a few short weeks until we begin championship season, when the coaches flip the switch, and all of the consternation, hand wringing, and panic melts away as the march to NOLA carries on...I am looking forward to seeing how their big picture view pays off.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i suspect

Oct 3, 2019, 12:56 PM

That our coaches spend many,many hours in film study every week deciding what the Tigers need to do to have the best chance to win each game. I would be surprised to know that they determine who plays and when in advance. The game dictates all those choices.

Amazingly, other teams study film too! UNC did a great job in preparing their game plan and it worked. They did a great job putting the Tigers in bad field position for the entire game and limited the number of successful third down plays by Lawrence. It was almost good enough. Do you think FSU will ignore this game film? Probably not! Do you think the Tigers will be more prepared to play? Probably so!

Beating UNC by only 1 point at the last second tells me.....

Oct 3, 2019, 12:57 PM

that they need to "flip the switch" again FSU. This isn't the same team as last year's no don't just think things can easily be turned on come playoff time.

My concern is that we've got a lot of competition this year for the 4 playoff spots. If we're just getting by against "weak ACC Team" then even if we say undefeated we may not make the playoffs.

Then waiting to then to "flip the switch" will be too late.

Our team's not in sync and not concentrating. It's time NOW to correct that.

It tells me that in spite of Dabo's admonition to respect

Oct 3, 2019, 3:56 PM

every opponent, and that North Carolina had the talent to beat us, at least some of the guys had to be drinking the Koolaid, thinking it was going to be easy. And, just like every other game where a huge underdog is allowed to hang around, the Tarholes gained more confidence as the game progressed. I am not a "sky is falling" kind of fan, but anyone who doesn't believe that we were VERY fortunate to escape Keenan Stadium with a win the way the game played out is also drinking the Koolaid.

If the players attention is ever to be gotten, and the need for more focus is ever to be seen, this game was the recipe for it. I fully expect that Dabo and staff have already been using every snippet of bad film to drive those points home this whole week. Next week will be about normal game preparation for FSU. I expect us to come out ready to roll. It's time to turn the corner, and build into the team this team is capable of being, which is Championship caliber.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a quick point - it wasn't the last second.

Oct 3, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Beating UNC by only 1 point at the last second tells me..... ]

There would have been a minute and 17 seconds left to get in FG range. That's plenty of time to win the game. I just don't get media and the like saying we were close to losing based on that 2-pt conversion.

Re: Just a quick point - it wasn't the last second.

Oct 3, 2019, 4:08 PM

There was also plenty of time to go 4 and out too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mmm, ok***

Oct 3, 2019, 4:09 PM

Just a quick point - it wasn't the last second.

Oct 3, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Beating UNC by only 1 point at the last second tells me..... ]

There would have been a minute and 17 seconds left to get in FG range. That's plenty of time to win the game. I just don't get media and the like saying we were close to losing based on that 2-pt conversion.

Re: Are our coaches smart enough to

Oct 3, 2019, 12:59 PM

Seems you answered your question. Any others. I'm here to help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 2:21 PM

Our coaches did not wish to have that close of a game in Chapel Hill, I assure you. We were outplayed by a lesser team that made fewer mistakes but our team's talent prevailed on the 2 pt. try. Our OL did not block real well and we did not make good adjustments at the half or b-4. Our motion penalties were killers to starting drives. The OL was not prepped for the crowd noise. It will not be less at SC, NCSU or Louisville. TL missed some sure big-gainer throws.
In short, we won but were lucky to do so as the overall play of the Tigers was not impressive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 3:10 PM

Or, UNC was "lucky" it was so close because of our boneheaded mistakes.

I loved the 2-pt stop just like everyone, but I am

Oct 3, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Are our coaches smart enough to ]

concerned about UNC's ability to methodically move the ball down the field, using 8 of the last 9 minutes to do so. I would feel much better about things if the D held up and stopped them from scoring the TD.

Oct 3, 2019, 4:07 PM

Nah they don't know anything about coaching championship football

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 4:10 PM

I think you’re sort of on the right track in that these coaches know some things we don’t know .

They realize that it’s a long season , and you can’t be playing your best ball this time of year.
Yes , they study game film and prepare like crazy for each opponent . But the plan with this staff is to pace them , play lots of players, keep everyone fresh and healthy and be ready for the championship season .

Even Bear Bryant said that he couldn’t get his team “up” for every game . That was when you only had 10 games on the schedule .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,955
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic