Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My observations from Carter Finley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

My observations from Carter Finley

Sep 20, 2013, 7:59 AM

I was fortunate to make it to the game last night and unfortunate that I had to sit in the State section. There were some pretty crass fans sitting near me. In fact, one older guy that beyond was incredibly foul-mouthed and rude. He sat right behind 3 little girls, maybe ages 4-5, and the things he said made me cringe. It was no surprise that at halftime, the guy had already consumed about 7 mini-bottles!

To me, it seemed like we really caught some officiating breaks during the game. State was getting lit up with flags and of course, the Pack fans around me were not happy about it. The problem for me was that they never really showed replays when they had penalties, so for all I know, the multiple false starts and such may have been warranted. The sideline play was the end all for the home crowd and the folks in the section I was sitting think the game was rigged by the refs. Still, calling a man out of bounds may have been a momentum shift, but you still need to line up and play. It doesn't negate the fact that their team still turned the ball over, committed multiple penalties and didn't stop Clemson from scoring.

Tajh was definitely off in the first half. Multiple missed passes. Bryant redeemed himself, but had we connected on some of those misses, this game would not have been so close. Hats off to the Pack. They came to pull the upset. Hats off to the Tigers. We have targets on our backs and are every opponents biggest game of the year. It was a Thursday night, first ACC match-up, off a bye-week...take the W and learn from your mistakes.

Lastly, this will be the last trip my wife and I take to Carter Finley. We live in Raleigh and it is hard to pass-up the opportunity to see my Tigers play, but the fans there really make me sick. My wife grew up a State fan and she too has grown to dislike the fans and game experience. Maybe she has been spoiled by visits to the Valley. I'm glad that I have bragging rights for the year amongst my co-workers, but I have a feeling that I will have to field many off handed remarks because of the infamous sideline play and the officiating. Still, it is better than walking away with a loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My observations from Carter Finley- I noticed

Sep 20, 2013, 8:02 AM

lots of empty seats for their 57,000 capacity. Sadly comments such as yours are frequently heard and are one reason I've never gone a game there and wont

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh, I got 6 "#### you"s and 3 flick offs, but they were all

Sep 20, 2013, 8:04 AM

from student aged kids.

My section was subdued with the booing (Section 9) mostly because they knew the complex formations and everything were causing the stupid penalties. They were even yelling at their team to stop it with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Our section was full of grown adults...

Sep 20, 2013, 8:10 AM

Grown, yet immature. Not all of them were bad, but many were. I had one Clemson fan next to me and he leaned over and said "they aren't a very intelligent crowd, are they?"

That's what cause the penalties.

Sep 20, 2013, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Meh, I got 6 "#### you"s and 3 flick offs, but they were all ]

They'd installed a ton of new stuff over the past week or so and they team hadn't quite grasp it all. It was a last ditch effort to look presentable on national TV. They got the best they could hope for, an ugly loss cause their coach knew they couldn't win.

Fans are morons, all of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, just a normal day for you then...

Sep 20, 2013, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Meh, I got 6 "#### you"s and 3 flick offs, but they were all ]

:)

null

Apparently, the fans at NC State are as bad as they seem...

Sep 20, 2013, 8:13 AM

I could spend an hour detailing all of the issues my foursome had with State fans, but the icing on the cake was my buddy getting tackled in the stands by a a State fan yelling that Tajh Boyd's leg should be broken.

Wow...

Sep 20, 2013, 8:14 AM

Just wow. Their reputation seems to be proven true every time I visit.

Did he kick him down the steps?***

Sep 20, 2013, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Apparently, the fans at NC State are as bad as they seem... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did he kick him down the steps?***

Sep 20, 2013, 8:27 AM

Trust me, we wanted retribution, but there was no way to exact a little vigilante justice.

Re: Apparently, the fans at NC State are as bad as they seem...

Sep 20, 2013, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Apparently, the fans at NC State are as bad as they seem... ]

I have been to every stadium in our conference except for Louisville, Syracuse and Pitt. I have been to UGA and Cootlumbia. No where have I experienced rude and outright mean fans like in Raleigh.

Sep 20, 2013, 8:17 AM

Years of frustration and anger for being the #2 school in their state I guess. Probably explains the behavior of gamecock fans as well.

Lot of Yankees in Raleigh***

Sep 20, 2013, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2013, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Apparently, the fans at NC State are as bad as they seem... ]

#3 school in the state. Dook and UNC are both ahead of them in everything (except Dook's football program.)

Sep 20, 2013, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Apparently, the fans at NC State are as bad as they seem... ]

Whoa whoa now... you need to give more information on this foursome you had.

It's about time someone gave me a hard time about that...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:43 PM

Took you long enough.

There is photo evidence that the WR stepped out

Sep 20, 2013, 8:21 AM

someone posted a pic of it on tnet today, show that to the cry babies.

Saved in my photo album******

Sep 20, 2013, 8:23 AM

Re: Saved in my photo album******

Sep 20, 2013, 8:42 AM

I put a yellow line on the image to aid in seeing the foot on top of the line. Maybe that will help you out.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1269575&tstart=0

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Flaps? We don't need no stinkin' flaps, let it roll in hard and fast!

Re: Saved in my photo album******

Sep 20, 2013, 12:59 PM

^or maybe a 3 angle shot will as well. White on white in all 3 angles.

Felt the same way, although our fans weren't great either

Sep 20, 2013, 11:42 AM

Wasn't an enjoyable game to attend. If I go back to a game at NCSU, I don't think it will be on a Thursday. Too tough for a weekday to justify getting into that mess over there.

The false starts and illegal shifts were on NC State

Sep 20, 2013, 12:22 PM

They've installed a new offense with multiple looks and frequent shifts. They hid a bunch of wrinkles and waited until this game to show them. It was obvious that their offense wasn't ready for all of this.

They also like to line up with nine men on the LOS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

I stopped going to Carter Finley years ago...

Sep 20, 2013, 12:38 PM

...because it's not just that their fans are mightily pulling for NC State. If you're not with a group of Clemson fans (sometimes, even when you are), it can be a very unpleasant experience whether we win or not, sadly.

I know some really good folks who go to school there. However, it's not those folks who make that place a bad environment to take family (especially youngsters) for a game experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did the 3 little girl's father

Sep 20, 2013, 12:46 PM

have anything to say to the ignoramus or did he wimp out?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did the 3 little girl's father

Sep 20, 2013, 1:46 PM

Everyone was goring him. If I were the father, I would have said something

You can tell anyone who brings it up that ESPN is now saying

Sep 20, 2013, 12:49 PM

that the ref's call was correct. And, the replay shows that player stepped on the line. I just saw it a few minutes ago.

BTW, I quit going to Carter Finley years ago. I don't know if they still do it, but when the game was over they closed most of the exits making it a pain to even get out of the stadium. We had to stand in a long line with State fans who were constantly running their mouths.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

My section was okay but for a few loudmouths behind that

Sep 20, 2013, 2:24 PM

seemed to think yelling in my direction about what the score should be somehow could make a difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My observations from Carter Finley

Sep 20, 2013, 3:56 PM

Actually I thought that they didn't call enough illegal procedure penalties on NC State. Sometimes it looked like Canadian Football out there with motions be fore the snap.

Sep 20, 2013, 4:53 PM

I was at the Carter in 2011 when State housed us...it was not a good experience whatsoever. Their fan base is very, very crass (a lot of them). There were some good ones too. I'll never go back.

I guess I ran into a different crowd

Sep 20, 2013, 5:30 PM

We parked by the Vet school between two sets of State fans. The space was empty when we drove up and we asked if they were saving it. They replied, "no you can park here". They were all very nice and spoke to us several times while we tailgated. My guess is they were all in their mid to late twenties.

Walking to the stadium through the state parking lots, we heard a few comments, nothing profane or particularly riling. No problem.

As we approached a particularly congested area, a middle age State fan stopped us and said we were approaching the frat area and said we would have a better experience if we went around the congestion. He seemed apologetic and we took his advice.

At the stadium we had a great experience. We were in a Clemson section. I think their stadium is the second best in conference. I think they have a better concession set up than us.

After the game four different State fans told us they hoped we would win it all this year. Hardly sour grapes.

Probably my sixth trip to State. Never had a problem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2013, 5:36 PM

I have been to CF many times. (12) Never a problem.

Sep 20, 2013, 6:01 PM

I was there as well with USC grad and the jerk in front of us tried to start a fight at the very beginning of the game. These two guys were so foul mouthed it was ridiculous. I told my buddy who went with me that state fans are worse than USC fans lol. Met some good people though. Not sure I will go back. In the fourth quarter said jerk told me if I said another to him he was gonna hit me. I looked him right in the eye and said I are a sorry loser a##hole. Bring it on. He turned away. Really classless group around us. Go tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic