Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Apparently Chase Young is unstoppable except against Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Apparently Chase Young is unstoppable except against Clemson

Apr 10, 2020, 2:53 PM

Clemson OL Jackson Carman: I watched a lot of film, at least an hour every day of Ohio State and how they ran things and him specifically. The different looks he gave off on film, I asked my guys to help me replicate that, his straight edge rush, his swipe, his counter, things like that to have them down. I really focused in on his demeanor, his stance, when I was studying him. His pad level after his first step. One thing I noticed on film was, after his first step or two, his pad level raised and dramatically increased his ability to counter inside.

Carman: I was smiling the whole time. It was a surreal moment for me, not only as a football player but as a person. You see the guy on TV every week, and they're talking about a Heisman and the best since Lawrence Taylor, and he's just right there in front of you. But I've gone against really good players, so it was honestly just me having fun.

Clemson OL Tremayne Anchrum: The hype is worse than the actual game. Going into it, I never felt like I was in a position where I was in trouble. We had a plan where we were going to chip him before he gets started because his takeoff is one of the more dangerous things he brings. All that moving so fast off the ball can be troubling. But we didn't really chip as much once we got into the swing of things and got comfortable.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/29007542/why-chase-young-nfl-draft-most-dominant-defender

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently Chase Young is unstoppable except against Clemson

Apr 10, 2020, 3:03 PM

He will probably go ahead of Isaiah because he’s an edge rusher.Travesty.I would expect the Bears to trade up to get Chase and pass on Simmons.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 4:20 PM

Da Bears. Well it worked for them last time. +1 for the laugh.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is Young going 2nd and Simmons going like 4th a travesty?

Apr 10, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Apparently Chase Young is unstoppable except against Clemson ]

Hes one of the better edge rusher prospects I've seen and theres still a huge premium on that in the NFL.

Simmons is still going to get drafted really high and hopefully go on to be a star.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chase is a great player but not as good as Isaiah Simmons***

Apr 10, 2020, 3:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha

Apr 10, 2020, 4:25 PM

I had already forgotten who that guy was.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Apr 10, 2020, 7:06 PM

To be the best, you have to play against the best. It takes talent, but also studying the opponent and practicing against what they do. No moment is to big for our Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 8:57 PM

Chase Young should have been the one thrown out of the game instead of the man who was. He delivered a clothes line shot to the neck and head of TL and then twisted it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 9:05 PM

The announcers were afraid to call it what is was . They definitely ignored the obvious violation for unnecessary roughness, at least .

Oh well , we won and that’s what really matters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic