Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perfect timing on today’s email from President Clements
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,848

Perfect timing on today’s email from President Clements

Apr 17, 2020, 9:53 PM

regarding graduation for this year’s seniors.

In it, he mentions “students who are about to become our newest Clemson alumni.”

Pic attached for your viewing pleasure, deadsolidperfect. LMAO!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Check out the Clemson Alumni Association...

Apr 17, 2020, 10:23 PM

An organization that serves alumni, friends AND graduates of Clemson University.

https://alumni.clemson.edu/get-involved/clemson-clubs/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I hope Clemson & its many alumni can forgive Clements...

Apr 17, 2020, 10:34 PM

for this error & slight.

It's likely his time at West Virginia that's softened his intellectual acuity.

Congratulations to Clemson University's newest graduates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t get it. What is the error?***

Apr 18, 2020, 6:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning, Row86...

Apr 18, 2020, 7:10 AM

Read through this and if you have specifics, I'll be happy to help.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Top-10-Clemson-Players-in-the-NBA-27129786#27129786

The abridged version...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Fun-question-Tnet-27138407#27138407

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn’t an error.

Apr 18, 2020, 10:30 AM [ in reply to I don’t get it. What is the error?*** ]

Our friend deadsolidperfect just doesn’t want to acknowledge that it’s not wrong to equate alumni with graduates.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Every graduate is an Alumnus/a, but not

Apr 18, 2020, 10:40 AM

every Alumnus/a is a graduate. You're the only one that seemed to struggle with it.

And so, you proceeded to ~Lowes, bought the lumber & rope, built the scaffold, then measured, tied the noose and hung your own argument on the Gallows you built for everyone to see.

Hilarious at the time, moving quickly toward the pathetic. And watching you continuously wail about your own doing as you are, only accentuates the Karen in you.

It's all there, documented for all to see, you stole fizzy-lifting drinks and get nothing.

Re: Every graduate is an Alumnus/a, but not

Apr 18, 2020, 12:26 PM

I can offer Winthrop's perspective on the issue (I'm an employee).

Winthrop recognizes individuals who have completed at least 30 credit hours as alumni. Obviously, they aren't graduates at that point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, according to dsp that isn’t correct either.

Apr 18, 2020, 1:42 PM

She already told us that alumni status means anyone who has ever been a student anywhere, even students who attend school for one week or even one hour before dropping out.

People who define alumni differently, even school presidents of colleges and universities, are wrong according to her.

Apology accepted, & whether or not Winthrop...

Apr 18, 2020, 1:58 PM

limits their offering, in no way changes the meaning of the word. It's sterling, anything else a bastardization.

See your definitions, "pupil/student, former...", you failing your own argument, while galvanizing mine. Thanks, but I really didn't need the help.

Again, you get nothing.

Good day, sir!

Re: Apology accepted, & whether or not Winthrop...

Apr 19, 2020, 2:09 PM

When does Willy Wonka go from being the jerk to giving away the chocolate factory in this scenario?

Thank you, I understand the meaning & did not need...

Apr 18, 2020, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Every graduate is an Alumnus/a, but not ]

confirmation, but it is appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

Re: I hope Clemson & its many alumni can forgive Clements...

Apr 18, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I hope Clemson & its many alumni can forgive Clements... ]

West Virginia was the first thing that popped into my mind.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Perfect timing on today’s email from President Clements

Apr 17, 2020, 10:24 PM

Top o the evening to you JK! Hope you and yours are well and healthy.

I'd happily have corrected him, but I see FM's already...

Apr 17, 2020, 10:40 PM

made light & right of President Clements' slight.

Re: Perfect timing on today’s email from President Clements

Apr 17, 2020, 10:42 PM

The whole thing sucks. Sucks out loud. This should have never have happened and the kids deserve a graduation

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,848
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic