Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo, best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Dabo, best

Aug 23, 2013, 10:17 AM

Coach since coach Ford.

It's nice to feel like we got a real coach for a change.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo, best

Aug 23, 2013, 11:47 AM

How about a guy who is deeply religious, shares his Christian faith with his players and all over the nation, does things the right way, is never an embarrassment to his school, and has to clean up a daunting probational mess by the previous coach. He wins an ACC Championship, has 3 of his 4 teams in the top 25 final rankings, and has a 70% winning percentage at Clemson! Please say hello to Ken Hatfield, the most unappreciated and falsely maligned Tiger coach in history. He was literally run out of town (he resigned because of lack of support) because he didn't fit the banjo-booster's image of a "real Tiger". Incidentally, Dabo's winning percentage at Clemson is 66%.

Am I grown old so quickly that I forgot?

Aug 23, 2013, 12:23 PM

Perhaps I've just deluded myself but I seem to remember Ken's teams going downhill from day one as his recruits became more and more involved.

If you'll do the research and show me I'm wrong I'll alter my perception of Ken and give him some respect as a coach.

I appreciate that he was a moral pillar and good for what we needed in that area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had me at "deeply religious" because nothing spells

Aug 23, 2013, 12:25 PM

success like being "deeply religious"! Can't be successful any other way!! Hear that heathen losers!

I definitely want God on my side.***

Aug 23, 2013, 11:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much like the day the Cowboys fired Landry,

Aug 23, 2013, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, best ]

I stopped being a Clemson fan that year. Now remember, this was way before Al Gore invented the internet so I had no idea of the recruiting issues and other internal issues. All I knew was they fired a good Christian man who didn't chew or cuss but went 9-2.

Message was edited by: elcid1985®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

And my dislike of the Cowboys only grew stronger....

Aug 23, 2013, 12:29 PM

I still have my mid 70's Tom Landry comic book teaching Bob Hayes and Roger Staubach the right way to live life. Big time Steelers fan, but always respected Landry.

Re: Much like the day the Cowboys fired Landry,

Aug 23, 2013, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Much like the day the Cowboys fired Landry, ]

Hatfield wasn't fired. He resigned because he knew he didn't have enough support.

Re: Much like the day the Cowboys fired Landry,

Aug 24, 2013, 1:22 AM [ in reply to Much like the day the Cowboys fired Landry, ]

and the year prior to that he went 5-6,what a coach!

You obviosuly have no clue what was happening during the

Aug 23, 2013, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, best ]

Hatfield years. He won games with Ford's recruits, and took a program that could have competed for the national championship in 1990 and basically ran it in the ground.

He screwed up long standing relationships with high school coaches which took years to rebuild.

Also, I heard from one of his players that his practices were a cakewalk compared to Ford's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

From the stories I've heard from my dad, it seems that any

Aug 23, 2013, 12:45 PM

coach's practice compared to Ford's would be a cake walk. This was obviously before practices were dictated by the NCAA though...

Well stated - that's my perception too***

Aug 23, 2013, 12:48 PM [ in reply to You obviosuly have no clue what was happening during the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Aug 23, 2013, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, best ]

smh

because he stuck up for Hatfield, he's a Coot?***

Aug 23, 2013, 12:42 PM

Hey man, you are either with the Mange, or an obvious coot.

Aug 23, 2013, 12:49 PM

It's simple really. The masses on here cannot think for themselves, so any opinion that isn't the common opinion is one of a coot.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Salem witch trials ain't got nothing on us!***

Aug 23, 2013, 12:53 PM

Go away coot

Aug 23, 2013, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Hey man, you are either with the Mange, or an obvious coot. ]

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Hey man, you are either with the Mange, or an obvious coot.

Aug 23, 2013, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Hey man, you are either with the Mange, or an obvious coot. ]

Thanks for the thought, true that!

Anyone who thinks Hatfield was a good coach is either a

Aug 23, 2013, 1:11 PM [ in reply to because he stuck up for Hatfield, he's a Coot?*** ]

#### or a deranged lunatic. It just so happens cootstripe777 (a.k.a. "GamecockWill") is both. What about you?

Let's see. While i was serving our country in the USAF

Aug 23, 2013, 1:31 PM

stationed in Arkansas, he was 55-17-1 with the Hogs and well liked as a "good Christian man". He came to Clemson, I was excited about the possibilities. He goes 32-13-1. His two big gigs equals 87-30-2 or 73%. What's Dabo's? and you are ready to canonize him as a saint?

Re: Let's see. While i was serving our country in the USAF

Aug 23, 2013, 2:27 PM

Don't forget that Hatfield began the success at the Air Force Academy, which his OC, SC native Fischer DeBerry, brought to fruition.

Don't care about Arkansas....

Aug 23, 2013, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Let's see. While i was serving our country in the USAF ]

The Clemson program under Hatfield fell apart. He had NFL players all over the roster when he got here, and steadily declined in play. Hatfield sucked at Clemson, period. There's a reason he was relegated to Rice, where he also sucked, and he retired as a nobody.

Nice try though, ####.

Re: Anyone who thinks Hatfield was a good coach is either a

Aug 23, 2013, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Anyone who thinks Hatfield was a good coach is either a ]

You might want to check the man's record, Einstein. He won big at AF, AR, and Clemson, before slipping into mediocrity with the Rice Owls. His record at Clemson is better than Dabo's!

LOL at GamecockWill calling someone "Einstein".........

Aug 23, 2013, 9:14 PM

What were Ken's 3 best wins at Clemson, cootstripe777?

You need help dude. Seriously.

Re: Anyone who thinks Hatfield was a good coach is either a

Aug 24, 2013, 1:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone who thinks Hatfield was a good coach is either a ]

Any decent coach could have won with the talent that he had when he arrived here,but the program began to falter when coach Fords talent was gone!

Re: because he stuck up for Hatfield, he's a Coot?***

Aug 23, 2013, 1:52 PM [ in reply to because he stuck up for Hatfield, he's a Coot?*** ]

that's the only thing clemson80tiger knows how to post

Nope. He's a c0cklover because, well,

Aug 23, 2013, 9:17 PM

He loves the c0cks. His charade as a Clemson fan reeks of some serious mental issues. He's GamecockWill in case you're wondering. Been hanging out here with the same deranged spiel for years. Several fries short of a happy meal, but then again anyone who knows Will already knew that.

Re: Nope. He's a c0cklover because, well,

Aug 24, 2013, 7:34 AM

Hey, Dr. nummnutts! Got any more cool names for me? Hey, I know! Try MCB and you'll get it right! I do admit, though, I really enjoy getting under your thin, overemotional skin.

He's GONE Get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 23, 2013, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, best ]

GO TIGERS!!!!!

We excuse your stupidity but he used up Danny's players for

Aug 23, 2013, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, best ]

those victories. BTW I am not a Hatfield brasher because he was a good coach, excellent person and was handicapped by some "fans" in recruiting. Hard to follow a legend.

Re: Dabo, best

Aug 24, 2013, 1:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo, best ]

probational mess? what are you talking about?the investigation in 1989-90 of Clemsons football program turned up absolutely nothing.Ken Hatfield was successful until coach Fords talent ran out and then the program begin to sink

These are the days of our lives.***

Aug 23, 2013, 9:19 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic