Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium

Apr 11, 2019, 7:49 PM

New security measure shifts football parking around stadium

CLEMSON – The parking spaces along Clemson’s Avenue of Champions have been prime real estate for Tiger tailgaters for years, but those parking spaces will no lo Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

germanz

Apr 11, 2019, 7:51 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Tigers-its-time-to-band-together-to-prevent-a-travesty-1897339?tstart=0

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: germanz

Apr 11, 2019, 11:45 PM

We had some really good tailgates on the Avenue if Champions. Once more the big donors will be moved out past Littlejohn

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: germanz

Apr 12, 2019, 8:46 AM

Maybe if the big donors are out past Littlejohn they can accidentally attend a basketball game....

stasi***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:57 AM [ in reply to germanz ]

Re: TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium

Apr 11, 2019, 7:57 PM

Yeah, and I can tell you as a long-time IPTAY contributor that has had the parking place next to the scoreboard this STINKS I don’t get it. Have we ever had a security issue? Maybe when we play the Coots, but we can handle them. I consider this a slap in the face to true Clemson fans.

Message was edited by: njones63®

Apr 11, 2019, 8:27 PM

It’s just liberal bs. And Clemson has fell head over hills with it

Liberal...? You're so far removed from reality and you don't

Apr 11, 2019, 9:27 PM

even have a clue. It's post-9/11 BS that's promulgated by the neo-cons and their constant 'fear factor'... They "beget" it, with help...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Liberal...? You're so far removed from reality and you don't

Apr 11, 2019, 10:02 PM

#### Liberals and their guns!!! Thanks alot Libs!!!!

Re: Liberal...? You're so far removed from reality and you don't

Apr 12, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Liberal...? You're so far removed from reality and you don't ]

You nailed it. We liberals certainly aren’t the ones forever invoking terrorism to scare the sheeple into voting Republican; that would be Dolt 45, Jeanine Pirro, Hannity, etc., ad nauseam.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium ]

Don't forget those gawga fans. Them and coots on the same branch of the tree.

Apr 11, 2019, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium ]

Yep, it's a bunch of crap. Liberal crap.

Apr 12, 2019, 2:40 PM

You don’t know your backside from a hole in the ground. See earlier posts about who’s capitalizing on terrorism.

Apr 12, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium ]

You don’t know your backside from a hole in the ground. See earlier posts about who’s capitalizing on terrorism.

Apr 12, 2019, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium ]

Still waiting on someone to tell me what security issues we have ever had at Clemson. I get the “it could happen” but they check everyone’s bags going into the stadium. Is that not enough? And I agree with others here. Pass outs and meeting at the Paw are next. I don’t recall going through metal detectors at any away games last year except for the ACCCG and the Playoffs. Does anyone else remember any?

metal detectors indicate

Apr 12, 2019, 10:27 AM

That it's meant to curtail any grand terrorism threat. Like a bomb or gun. But all this really does is stop it from happening inside the stadium. If a terrorist wanted to kill people they could easily attack the people at tigerwalk, the tailgating lots, the gates etc. it's impossible to keep a large amount of people in tight areas completely safe . This goes for every big sporting event in the world.

This is one reason I am not buying serason tickets

Apr 11, 2019, 8:21 PM

Too many parking spaces gone. TV looks good.

Re: This is one reason I am not buying serason tickets

Apr 11, 2019, 8:24 PM

Wow!

I guess, IDK!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 8:33 PM

Huh ?? What the heck does that mean

Scok much?***

Apr 12, 2019, 1:56 AM

Apr 11, 2019, 8:34 PM [ in reply to This is one reason I am not buying serason tickets ]

Y’all stay home. I’ll walk 4-5 blocks to see the Tigers win!!!!

Apr 11, 2019, 8:34 PM [ in reply to This is one reason I am not buying serason tickets ]

Y’all stay home. I’ll walk 4-5 blocks to see the Tigers win!!!!

After having parking at LJ & RV lot zillion yrs ago, I walk thru town from Post Office now..

Apr 11, 2019, 8:51 PM

and love it even though that street going up towards town has a little more grade than appears..

but passing all the fans downtown & walking over Bowman Field, past Calhouns/Clemson’s Fort Hill Home, gathering at top of hill to watch Tiger Band rip off & downward towards Death Valley blasting out Tiger Rag is a blessing & joy no matter the distance incurred.

And then I’m at the gates of college football’s current mecca!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After having parking at LJ & RV lot zillion yrs ago, I walk thru town from Post Office now..

Apr 11, 2019, 9:36 PM

LBB Gets it^^^^. Great post!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After having parking at LJ & RV lot zillion yrs ago, I walk thru town from Post Office now..

Apr 12, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to After having parking at LJ & RV lot zillion yrs ago, I walk thru town from Post Office now.. ]

Right on - LBB. !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 11, 2019, 8:58 PM

I'm surprised they didn't make this move a long time ago with all the terrorism going on. One car bomb next to the stadium will do a lot of damage. I never could understand why they allowed cars parking behind the scoreboard. We always had to maneuver around those dumb cars to watch the band. Y'all can just park around the corner in the little field it won't hurt you. Wussies

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where is "all the terrorism going on"... Rough neighborhood?***

Apr 11, 2019, 9:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New measures to protect TL and DJU

Apr 11, 2019, 8:59 PM

The stars and their families want to feel safe from the crazies!

Small price to pay.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

Tiger Band normally takes the AOC to get from Fort Hill to West EZ. Is there going to be enough room for them to get there with this change? From what I remember they took up both lanes of the AOC. And if people are trying to get in...how does that all work? Would be tough carrying a sousaphone up the steep part of Press Box Rd behind the South stands.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:15 PM

Let us hope there is not a terrorist among those being moved from the AOC. Revenge is a terrible threat.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 9:28 PM

New security measure shifts football parking around stadium

CLEMSON – The parking spaces along Clemson’s Avenue of Champions have been prime real estate for Tiger tailgaters for years, but those parking spaces will no lo Read Update »

My family had season tix from mid 60s until 2007 ish... when "seat reassignment" happened. We said thanks but no thanks and now boat to all home games and park not far behind esso club for free. We get tix in lots for sale if the price is right or watch game at one of many tailgate friends/family... or go back to esso.... have been going to games since I was 7.... still love it but as a teacher I can only afford so much. Leave it to the rich to have the great parking.... but when I walk a half mile and get in my boat and pass under the 93 bridge traffic.... i raise my beer and give them a toast.... life is good.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:40 PM

With all due respect,being a boat owner is only a dream for many. Rich is relative depending on your point of view.

Apr 11, 2019, 10:20 PM

Depends on how much the boat cost.

Apr 11, 2019, 11:28 PM

Thanks.... never said we had a "range rover" type boat.... more like a Honda type...

Apr 11, 2019, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium ]

Thanks.... never said we had a "range rover" type boat.... more like a Honda type...

he didn't say "yacht" he said "boat." Could be a jon boat.***

Apr 12, 2019, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New security measure shifts football parking around stadium ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Anyone who is complaining about this needs a reality check.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:44 PM

1. The threat posed by homegrown, self-radicalized, and foreign terrorists is legitimate and metal detectors are a good deterrent.

2. The removal of the parking spaces is a bummer, especially for us (Clemson), who pride ourselves on our tailgating culture, but the idea that some of you would not renew your season tickets or would prefer to watch at home is crazy to me.

3. If you, your friends, and/or your family are blessed with the opportunity to see Clemson play home games IN-PERSON, with the CLEMSON FAMILY, you should go.

Never mind the fact that we are an ELITE college football program at the moment and the on the field action is the BEST in the country.

I live thousands of miles from Clemson and I wish I had the luxury of driving a few hours, tailgating with my friends, and then walking a few blocks to watch our Tigers play.

Love y'all, and this is a bummer, but it should NOT cause anyone to stop going to games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: Anyone who is complaining about this needs a reality check.

Apr 11, 2019, 10:22 PM

Metal detectors are only a minor inconvenience to a smart terrorist. They are a major inconvenience to me. I hate long lines.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:00 AM

The mass of tightly packed people waiting at the metal detectors is a terrorist wet dream.

Apr 12, 2019, 9:11 AM

I believe that is what happened in Paris in 2017 outside the soccer stadium. Follks were injured and killed outside the stadium security area. Yes, as we wait in line for metal detectors we are sitting ducks. I understand the times we are living in but, I also understand I have invested more time in Clemson than most of the people at the University making some decisions right now. I emailed DRad last year about the hill. To his credit he did reply. Where are our IPTAY reps in this process? Who do we organize behind to let our concerns be known? Securing the stadium does not mean we need to lose our identity.

Message removed by Author

Apr 12, 2019, 9:56 AM

Message removed by Author

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: Y’all, they do mass casualty exercises to prepare for such events

Apr 12, 2019, 11:56 AM

I agree with what you are saying. I also feel there are ways to implement the security changes without removing the items that make Clemson unique. I just want to see a balance. I am going to renew my tickets every year (deadline is today y’all), go through whatever security they send me through, and watch the team play. I just hope that the right folks are in the room when critical decisions are made. I love our game day environment and traditions and want to see them preserved.

Good Lord***

Apr 12, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, that's what you get when you schedule UGA...***

Apr 11, 2019, 9:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will there be a TSA pre-check system longtime season ticket holders can get?***

Apr 11, 2019, 10:24 PM

Re: Will there be a TSA pre-check system longtime season ticket holders can get?***

Apr 11, 2019, 10:32 PM

Just using security excuse to clear that area out to create a mall atmosphere. Next it will be to clear out behind both North and South stands. This is how the libs (college administrators ) operate. Hide behind an issue to achieve their goal. Still think the Hill issue was orchestrated in order to implement plan to charge students for tickets

terrible waste of resources

Apr 11, 2019, 10:38 PM

Death Valley is not a typical sports venue with 150 days of occupancy like most major stadiums and arenas. Full metal detectors for a rarely used sports facility where bags are already checked is just wasteful. There are far better ways to add security to more likely threats than someone getting in a weapon so small it wouldn't be visibly detected by current screening measures. How about spending this money on something more useful such as:

Movable vehicle barriers to protect from the increasing vehicle attacks against pedestrians.

Camera systems to monitor roadways in and around Clemson. Would also have other benefits such as helping address traffic problems and catching other vehicle criminals.

Camera systems on campus actively monitored on game day.

More money toward mental health care available to students.

Any of the above would provide a better reduction of risk than these metal detectors, not only at the stadium itself but many other locations on campus as well. I am sure someone related to someone has to make a pretty penny off this contract because it offers so little value in reducing risk of a serious attack. Why would anyone enter the stadium anyway, isn't any attack far more likely to be outside the confined stadium against the crowds on their way inside. Who provided the security assessment: actually I doubt one was ever done because it couldn't have suggested this was a wise move.

Re: terrible waste of resources

Apr 12, 2019, 9:22 AM

Don’t forget canine units. Those dogs can sniff out explosives.

So the metal detectors back up the line to enter so bad it

Apr 12, 2019, 2:44 AM

affects parking? Great.

It took FOREVER to get in. I didn't even wait,

Apr 12, 2019, 9:27 AM

just walked down to Gate 11.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I did too last year, just walked around until I

Apr 12, 2019, 12:43 PM

found a gate that didn't have them and beat the people I was with to our seats every time...Wish that was an option going forward

Bring back the balloons. Why are you showing that old pic?

Apr 12, 2019, 6:13 AM

###

Apr 12, 2019, 7:39 AM

AOC parking will not be the only change coming, SLED, Homeland Security, Clemson PD Chief, and all the sheriffs offices up that way have been pressuring CU to go to a NO REENTRY policy on football. Clemson has been pushing back for a while now. And not so much a security issue but the gathering at the paw should be on the list too. It is a safety issue, people are injured every game jumping walls and fences. From a safety standpoint also, think of all the kids who are just turned loose out there, a lot of parents don't have any idea where their children are. Most adults out there have no concern for the safety of others, especially children. Yes it may be the minority of the people out there but it is a bad situation waiting to happen.

This basically moves the strike area is all

Apr 12, 2019, 7:42 AM

instead of attacking the stadium when it is full you attack the area people are waiting to go through detectors, this doesn't help.

Not.one.bit...but nobody will be able to sue Clemson if we

Apr 12, 2019, 12:46 PM

aren't in the stadium, so REAL problem solved

Time to move softball to y beach,

Apr 12, 2019, 7:53 AM

Pregame tailgating will be on a shuttle bus for everyone soon.

Re: Time to move softball to y beach,

Apr 12, 2019, 8:01 AM

YOU DO REALIZE THE SOFTBALL STADIUM IS ALMOST HALF DONE I GUESS.

Time to move softball to y beach,

Apr 12, 2019, 7:53 AM

Pregame tailgating will be on a shuttle bus for everyone soon.

Time to move softball field to y beach soon

Apr 12, 2019, 8:14 AM

Everyone's tailgate will be in a field miles away and a shuttle bus ride..

Apr 12, 2019, 9:14 AM

Wonder if Obed knows about this?!? -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 12, 2019, 9:31 AM

All I'll say about it is Clemson better keep winning big time.

For every offseason u keep pissing off fans is another opportunity for some to say adios when or if we were to ever go back to 8-4 or even 9-3 . It's too tempting nowadays to sit in your recliner and watch the games.

And yes, the passouts and gathering at the paw are next

Solving a non-existent problem!

Apr 12, 2019, 12:29 PM

Complete waste of money. Further annoy the fans trying to get to their seats. Has there ever been a shooting, stabbing, or worse - terrorist event within the stadium? Have we learned nothing from TSA's security theater?

All this says to me is someone is trying to cover their butt.

more like CREATING a problem where NONE existed***

Apr 12, 2019, 12:44 PM

Apr 12, 2019, 2:46 PM

Investing in plastic flasks.....gonna make a mint!

still want be able to afford to attend all the games...

Apr 12, 2019, 5:19 PM

AOC is very appropriate for this move away from Freedom to accommodate some presumed "safety"...Ben Franklin would be proud...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic