Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone tired of this circus offense? Just don't work against talented defenses***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Anyone tired of this circus offense? Just don't work against talented defenses***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like LSU?***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:48 AM

LSU didn't want to be there, remember?

Oct 20, 2013, 9:49 AM

;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Yeah. Because LSU's total lack of offense had NOTHING

Oct 20, 2013, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Like LSU?*** ]

to do with Clemson outscoring them with only 25 points.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wearing thin on me

Oct 20, 2013, 9:52 AM

Getting kinda tired of gimmicks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish we had rcvrs that catch, and a power running back.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:53 AM

nm

Not sure about circus, but it works if executed...

And if you want to enter reality, it is the ONLY way we compete with talented teams.

We have an undersized, converted WR playing TE that was (I believe) a two star recruit that had no other major college offers. No game breaking RBs and little depth there. An offensive line that is not very good. And only two receivers that have either lived up to or exceeded their expectations. But if you think we can line these guys up against FSU and execute another offense successfully, more power to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of these people live in la-la land without any sensible

Oct 20, 2013, 9:59 AM

thought. Give them a keyboard and they become Einsteins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of these people live in la-la land without any sensible

Oct 20, 2013, 10:28 AM

And these are the same ones wanting cm to be the head coach not long ago.

Re: Anyone tired of this circus offense? Just don't work against talented defenses***

Seems to me the only time it's worked against a high level D was against LSU. For me, the fact that we can run up big numbers against weak teams is little consolation for the sputtering performances against good defenses. Having said this, Morris didn't drop any of those passes, and Boyd was really off his game. However, it does seem like our offense is feast or famine which is no recipe to contend for a NC.

High expectations

Oct 20, 2013, 10:13 AM

You've identified, or actually exemplified, the problem: If nothing will satisfy you short of a national championship, you're going to be eternally disappointed. I see the potential for an 11-1 regular season and a good bowl game (which few people will care about because it's not the NC). An article last week said Dabo has the program heading in the right direction. If we can consistently be a top-10 team, that's not just the right direction, it's the final destination. Yeah, last night was humbling, but our biggest hurdle every year is going to be FSU. They stand in the way of all of our goals, as we do theirs. Win some, lose some. If the game matters on a national scale, we must be doing something right.

Re: Anyone tired of this circus offense? Just don't work against talented defenses***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:59 AM

I think it was more execution than strategy. That goes back to the coaches too but had we actually been playing out A+ game, it would have been a closer ball game.

FSU out talents us all over the field though, that was the most obvious thing.

That's crazy talk.

Oct 20, 2013, 10:05 AM

I don't necessarily love spread offenses, but it has been proven when executed properly with the right personel they can beat any defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Oct 20, 2013, 10:10 AM

I am tired of it. Have been ever since it started. It has its benefits. But when it comes time to control the time of possession, run the clock down, and flat out control the game, it is useless. If it does work, and the offense scores quick, the defense is right back on the field. They have no time to rest and it wears them down, leading to the shootout games. Who can score more? I'm done with it.

I like it, when we have the players to execute it properly

Oct 20, 2013, 10:25 AM

I don't know what kind of quality we have 'waiting in the wings' who will be offensive linemen. (Can anyone expound on that?) But, I think we have some good, young receivers and running backs in people like Mike Williams, Tyshon Dye, and Wayne Gallman. We could use some more depth there, for sure. I know we lost the battle in the trenches last night. The defense was not perfect, but who can expect them to be when they were on the field most of the game?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 20, 2013, 10:27 AM

I think it's cause Dabo is Bozo

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic