Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone see Ingram last night?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,934

Anyone see Ingram last night?

Aug 10, 2012, 2:00 PM

the coots don't realize it yet, but he is the reason they were so successful in recent years. He's a dang rookie, and looked like a pro last night. the stupid coots will wake up soon maybe. I can't wait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone see Ingram last night?

Aug 10, 2012, 2:49 PM

Anyone with eyes and a halfway decent brain can realize that Ingram was a large part of our success the last few years. Hell, we might not have won at Georgia if he never existed.

We will hurt a bit on the D-line from his loss, but it won't be as much as opposing O-lines would like to think. Our D-line will still be extraordinary this year.

And yes, he did play great last night. I hope he gets some playing time this year.

your defensive tackles are terrible, your LB's are terrible….

Aug 10, 2012, 9:09 AM

it will be easy to run the ball up the middle against the coots just like last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30 rushes 70 yards 2.3 avg. ...Easy?***

Aug 10, 2012, 10:58 PM

Re: your defensive tackles are terrible, your LB's are terrible….

Aug 10, 2012, 11:15 PM [ in reply to your defensive tackles are terrible, your LB's are terrible…. ]

They will miss Robertson and Ingram big time on the defensive line. Their linebackers are average to below average and their corners are average. The key is to game plan like Arkansas did last year, and you can move the ball. I thought our coaches did a bad job last year in preparing for the South Carolina game. In particular, their linebackers cannot cover backs out of the backfield and tight ends could have success if you are able to get them in man to man coverage.

Re: your defensive tackles are terrible, your LB's are terrible….

Aug 10, 2012, 11:31 PM [ in reply to your defensive tackles are terrible, your LB's are terrible…. ]

Yeah, we didn't run the ball that well against the Coots and UGA passed against them to my memory (I was in Athens).

http://ryankantor.com/2012/08/08/clemson-2012-season-preview-clemson-will-be-wildly-unpredictable-improving-as-the-season-progresses/

Aug 10, 2012, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone see Ingram last night? ]

People keep talking about Ingram and Gilmore leaving. But I think losing Allen and Robertson will hurt nearly as much.

Aug 10, 2012, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone see Ingram last night? ]

DL extraordinary? well yea if you had some talented players backing up clowney and taylor...Yalls depth on the DL is very suspect...you have 3 good starters and thats it but keep drinking the koolaid

its very ironic

Aug 10, 2012, 2:52 PM

Considering is board has spent the last few years calling

1 undersized
2 overrated
3 an impossible 1st round pick

Well....

Aug 10, 2012, 3:06 PM

He was lining up against Green Bay's 3rd sting O-line man last night...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Always respected Ingram

Aug 10, 2012, 2:55 PM

great athlete, hard worker and he worked his way in to being a great player. Coots keep bragging about there depth, but if you actually look at it, they have a lot of inexperience as well, especially along the lines. Starting DT's are a soph in Quarles who has talent and a senior who hasn't played alot, and behind them are red shirt freshman. OL has some vets but depth is young. They are not much different from us in that respect

Re: Always respected Ingram

Aug 10, 2012, 3:08 PM

DE-Taylor Sr 4 year starter
DT Quarles- Soph who went prep so he is technically a Jr in years
DT Jerideau- JC player who is strongest on team
DE-Clowney- True Soph but please do not tell me you doubt his ability

OT- Shell- RS Freshman He has Clowney Ingram Taylor experience. Prototypical Size
OG- Cann Starter last season
C- Johnson 4 year starter
OG- Patrick probably weak point on line as a junior
OT- Gibson-Matulis Do not know which one will start

And who is behind them?

Aug 10, 2012, 3:20 PM

Clowney and Taylor are studs, but neither Quarles or Jerrideu are proven. And they are backed up by red shirt freshmen. And they also have 3 spots on the OL with either new starters or a battle. And who is behind them? I was speaking of their depth, which they claim is great now. I don't see it. As has been said many times on here, rankings mean nothing until they are proven on the field. Frankly, I'd have major reservations starting a freshman at LT, even if he is a red shirt, was a 4 star recruit, and has played against excellent players in camp. Has he beaten them regularly? Is he dominating them? He's never played a game, and you're telling me he's a sure thing because of his size? If that were the determining factor in how good someone is Oliver Jones should be our starting LT

Re: And who is behind them?

Aug 10, 2012, 11:08 PM

You are right about Jerrideu not being proven. And you are right about Quarles being backed up by a redshirt freshman.

Gee, thanks for your confirmation Neil. Thanks for stating

Aug 10, 2012, 11:12 PM

the obvious. I don't know what we would do without you spending your life on your rival's website.

Re: And who is behind them?

Aug 10, 2012, 11:23 PM [ in reply to And who is behind them? ]

I understand that Shell is a weak pass defender. His high school team ran the ball most of the time and he will probably struggle in the passing ganme.

Aug 10, 2012, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Always respected Ingram ]

this is what you call a prototypical delusional coot

Aug 10, 2012, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Always respected Ingram ]

their DL behind clowney and taylor are very very suspect but no coot will admit the reality

Aug 10, 2012, 11:33 PM

chaz sutton is a very solid de and will be on the field aalot. he is good enough that we can move clowney around like we did ingram. aldrick fordham can play de or dt. not good enough to be a regular starter but can play meaningful snaps. the otber young DT are not ready to start but some can give breathers. quarles will be very good.

its funny how jerrideau is a bum at dt even though he has played some, but yall are starting converted dt on the ol, who have taken no snaps on the ol, and y'all expect them to be just fine.

Aug 10, 2012, 3:03 PM

Ingram was a beast at carolina and will be a very good nfl player IMO.. Kid works hard

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2012, 3:07 PM

and walt said he has t-rex arms

Aug 10, 2012, 3:14 PM

I the hope of most Gamecock fans is that now that Clowney has experience, and will actually start this season he can replace a lot of what Ingram brought to the table.

Aug 10, 2012, 11:25 PM

> I the hope of most Gamecock fans is that now that
> Clowney has experience, and will actually start this
> season he can replace a lot of what Ingram brought to
> the table.
Do us all a favor and take an english class.

yeah he looked good against future canadian league

Aug 10, 2012, 5:26 PM

OT

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you talking about Hootie or Mark?***

Aug 10, 2012, 5:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ingram is a beast

Aug 10, 2012, 5:34 PM

And if that was GB's 3rd string LT then shame on McCarthy for protecting Rodgers with backup's backup. I don't think anyone doubts Clowney's talent, it's whether he can be a reliable run stopper. He doesn't have the mass yet, but he is a freak athlete. Time will tell

Re: Ingram is a beast

Aug 10, 2012, 11:32 PM

Are you guys picking Clemson or USC in your way too early pre-season picks?

My season preview post: http://ryankantor.com/2012/08/08/clemson-2012-season-preview-clemson-will-be-wildly-unpredictable-improving-as-the-season-progresses/

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,934
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic