Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone know which RB we take in 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,680

Anyone know which RB we take in 2019

Mar 26, 2018, 10:10 AM

2019 looks to be a class where we need to grab a RB with Feaster and Co before they leave here to get a year of experience from those veterans. From the looks of things we have offered 3 RB’s in this class.

Quavaris Crouch out of Charlotte looks to be a Clemson guy according to 247 and multiple other recruiting outlets. Crouch is listed as the #2 ATH, but would he see RB or DE for the Tigers? A lot of guys have compared him to Clowney and how he played both ways in HS. Anyone know where we would likely use him? Would love to see this kid in orange.

Noah Cain is a guy out of IMG Academy and listed as #2 RB in the country. His recruitment is in the air right now but many think he will play for Texas. Have to wonder if guys like X and Mike Jones could have any kind of pull there.

Another guy Clemson has dipped into Virginia and offered is Devyn Ford. Ford is #6 on the list but his early favorite looks to be the Hokies. Hopefully we can win another battle against those guys to gain some pull in that state.

These 3 guys are all good fits for Clemson, but who will we get? Crouch is the best chance we have at one and he may be the best on the board, but the question remains. Would we line him up in the backfield or does Brent use him? Interesting to see moving forward and something to keep an eye on.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone know which RB we take in 2019

Mar 26, 2018, 10:34 AM

I hope we use him as a RB if he commits to Clemson. We seem to be in the running for a ton of linebackers and for a few highly rated defensive ends.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 10:52 AM

I think crouch is being recruited for the defensive side of the ball. Several articles I have read in the Charlotte paper suggests that.
The Tigers will have no trouble getting a top flight running back when the time comes.

Mar 26, 2018, 4:38 PM

We are recruiting Crouch as a LB, Cain is interested and is our top RB prospect, Ford is a long shot although he would be great our main go after is Cain for RB.. Crouch could play either but from what I'm hearing his size, build and speed make him a can't miss for LB.

I was a 2-way athlete and could play LB/DE vs RB

Mar 26, 2018, 5:17 PM

I would go LB/DE without hesitation. RBs are now a dime a dozen in the NFL and i think i heard the other day that they get paid about the same as kickers. Not to mention they have the shortest careers.

Re: I was a 2-way athlete and could play LB/DE vs RB

Mar 26, 2018, 5:22 PM

Line backer is definitely the way to go, but running backs make much more on average than kickers do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not according to this

Mar 27, 2018, 7:28 PM

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/

Mar 26, 2018, 6:24 PM

I'd like to think we get Cain from ING. I'd also like to think we've tapped into a pipeline and will see 1-2 kids come to Clemson each year from ING as well.

Taking a bit a tangent, always been surprised with talent VT used to get at RB there for a few years. After UGA, that school was one I watched and wondered if we'd ever get the RB's on the top of our board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,680
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic