Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone know about how many 'offers' Clemson puts out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Anyone know about how many 'offers' Clemson puts out?

Jan 28, 2018, 9:19 PM

And how this compares to other schools in the conference or in other Top 10 programs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone know about how many 'offers' Clemson puts out?

Jan 28, 2018, 9:22 PM

not sure about how many offers we put out, but there used to be, and i assume there still is, a limit on the number of officials visits you can have in a year. think it is around 50. but kind of like counting schiolarships back, you could carry over a few visits to the next year under certain conditions

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2018, 10:31 PM

I read earlier this year we offered approximately 90 this cycle. In comparison, Stanford offered 40 and usuc offered 400

Speaking of putting out...

Jan 29, 2018, 6:24 AM

have you visited the P&R board lately?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2018, 1:17 PM

We have offered 112 recruits so far for 2018 class. 2019 class is already at 85 ... to be expected because it will be a much larger class. I record every announced offer in my own data base. A few could have fallen in the cracks, but I believe those to be accurate numbers.

Jan 29, 2018, 1:46 PM

In contrast, the Coots offered 245. Just will take anyone that is dumb enough to go there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a very interesting question, I would think that most

Jan 29, 2018, 1:50 PM

of the upper echelon schools would actually have fewer offers handed out than lower tier programs, for the simple fact that a school like USuCk, UVA, Syracuse, etc. will still offer a 5 star guy at times even though they have no realistic chance of getting them.

Even with some high 4* guys you see that commit to Clemson may have an offer sheet that includes Louisville, NC State, UNC, etc. even though their classes will be made up of mostly 3* or low 4*s.

Of course we will still offer a good bit, just not as much as those other schools. I would also think that how many players commit in the early signing period would also have an effect on the amount of offers. For instance we had 15 early commits this year, so we had a limited amount of space to offer once we backed off on a few players, or other targets committed elsewhere.

Good topic though, +1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a very interesting question, I would think that most

Jan 29, 2018, 1:56 PM

Not to mention Bryant, Ferrell and Wilkins coming back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic