Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else think Stanford RB McCaffrey will be a NFL bust ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Anyone else think Stanford RB McCaffrey will be a NFL bust ?

Apr 25, 2017, 8:57 AM

I'd like to hear from you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he gets in the right system I think he will be very good.

Apr 25, 2017, 9:00 AM

Otherwise I think he is a CJ Spiller/Reggie Bush type of back who have struggled to find their place in an offense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I tend to agree. He may be a very talented individual who

Apr 26, 2017, 2:31 PM

just does not have a position suited for him in the pro ranks. As I said in reply to another post, put him in the slot. I don't think he survives long as a running back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LeVeon Bell 2.0***

Apr 25, 2017, 9:01 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LeVeon Bell 2.0***

Apr 25, 2017, 11:17 AM

Lol that's an awful comparison.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do you have another? or do you shy from critical thinking?***

Apr 26, 2017, 1:30 PM

Re: do you have another? or do you shy from critical thinking?***

Apr 26, 2017, 11:18 PM

Yes. Bell is taller and bigger than CM, both are pretty damm elusive however. CM is way faster than Bell. If there's anybody out there in the NFL that I'll compare CM to will probably be Devonta Freeman, former Seminole RB.

Size-wise, I'll concede that Bell is bigger

Apr 27, 2017, 12:43 PM

but I think that the fact they're both elusive backs coming from power-running college teams goes a long way. Bell at Michigan State was often chastised for not hitting a hole quick enough. In the right NFL scheme that patience has been one of his best attributes. I see a very similar patience in McCaffrey running. The mismatches that both bring to the game with their ability to be motioned out to WR is also huge

Re: do you have another? or do you shy from critical thinking?***

Apr 27, 2017, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: do you have another? or do you shy from critical thinking?*** ]

Sense hit the nail on the head. Same mold as Spiller / Bush. Will struggle as an every down back. Will not be durable enough.

Re: LeVeon Bell 2.0***

Apr 25, 2017, 12:16 PM [ in reply to LeVeon Bell 2.0*** ]

Haha. What??

Re: Anyone else think Stanford RB McCaffrey will be a NFL bust ?

Apr 25, 2017, 9:03 AM

Maybe. Like some have said it just depends what team picks him. I don't think I would touch him until the second or third round at the earliest. Just not under the belief that he can be an everydown back

That's exactly how I feel

Apr 25, 2017, 9:08 AM

Some mock drafts have him going fairly high in the first round. I think he can make a team and stay in the league, but I wouldn't take him before the second round, at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many every down backs are there in the NFL now?

Apr 25, 2017, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else think Stanford RB McCaffrey will be a NFL bust ? ]

He's going to go in the first round because coaches can do a lot with him and create some big time mismatches by motioning him out wide, similar to the way Brian Westbrook was used in Philly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I've heard some NFL coaches envision him in a

Apr 25, 2017, 9:59 AM

hybrid RB/WR position which they are calling the "Paw".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That's just not NAT

Apr 25, 2017, 10:03 AM

URAL.

Exactly. Line him up at RB, motion him out into the slot against man

Apr 25, 2017, 11:25 AM [ in reply to How many every down backs are there in the NFL now? ]

and you probably have him isolated 1 on 1 against a LB.

Or if you go up tempo you can move him back and forth without the defense being able to sub in an extra DB for when he's out at WR.

He is very good and will make it. Many tools to utilize.***

Apr 25, 2017, 9:14 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll never be an every down back in the NFL...

Apr 25, 2017, 10:31 AM

but a good offensive coordinator will find multiple other ways to use him. He's a player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Worst case: he fails with his first team, BB picks him up for pennies on the dollar and

Apr 25, 2017, 11:05 AM

Turns him into an all pro at new england.

Apr 25, 2017, 11:36 AM

I think he will be a star.

Would love to see how he'd do in.........

Apr 25, 2017, 11:49 AM

New England. Bill and Tom would make him a star for sure.

Not if he's anything like his dad.***

Apr 26, 2017, 1:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2017, 2:02 PM

Well considering I think he is a better all around back than any of the others. Dalvin Cook has similar athleticism but lacks the ball catching skills and Fournette stays hurt. Fournette has a lot of ability but I think that in the right system McCaffrey actually has more of a chance at success. As others have said, New England would be ideal. He could also thrive under Shanahan but won't go #2 to San Fran. He could have a Spilleresque career or any number of other players.

Apr 26, 2017, 2:30 PM

I disagree in him being better RB than cook or fournette. I think both those guys have good careers as RBs but if you just meant versalitity wise yea but I don't think runs the ball too much in the NFL see him more of a mismatch passing guy not a Carry the rock 20 times a game guy like I think cook and fournette will be. And fournette was just really hurt this past season and still played a good bit. Other than the ankle or w.e it was this season I don't think he's injury prone. That's saying DW is injury prone bc his first year. Just don't agree with that part at all unless I'm forgetting some other injuries he had

Apr 26, 2017, 2:24 PM

With the evolution of NFL offense I don't think he will be a star but I think he can be a good skill guy. I don't see him being a great RB but he's def a mismatch if you move him outta the backfield. He has more versatility than Reggie bush. So while I don't see him being a good RB but I think he will be a good slot guy or catching out the backfield/ special teams

Apr 26, 2017, 11:48 PM

I think he could be a great 3rd down back because of his speed and catching ability. I like the mismatch he creates with LB's with his speed cuts an ability to catch out of the backfield.

I think he is a second round value but he will have a long career for a RB because of the mismatch he brings to the table. I hope the Dolphins draft him in the 2nd round.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic