Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else hear Brian Kelly's post game presser....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Anyone else hear Brian Kelly's post game presser....

Nov 30, 2015, 12:33 PM

following the Stanford loss. He said his team was only two plays away from being undefeated?

I'd sure like for him to elaborate on the two plays to which his is referring because if my memory is correct, Notre Dame never lead the game against Clemson at any point nor did Notre Dame even remotely threaten to take the lead.

This guy really is a whiny dumb a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But, but, but ... they lost in a monsoon at Clemson.

Nov 30, 2015, 12:37 PM

(Of course, Clemson won in a monsoon at Clemson.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: But, but, but ... they lost in a monsoon at Clemson.

Nov 30, 2015, 2:19 PM

That is incorrect sir. According to Mark May and ESPN we played on a dry field in the sunshine with no wind, while Notre Dame played on a wet field in a monsoon. That's the only way we were able to pull the upset on a dominant, power-house Notre Dame.

I love how we're able to do that. We should cause it to snow against UNC while we play in Miami weather....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It drives me crazy every time an ESPN analyst says

Nov 30, 2015, 12:38 PM

Notre Dame was a play away from beating Clemson.

No, they weren't. They were a play away from tying Clemson. Know what that looks like on the schedule? An L!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'd have to pick a Clemson play, like a TD or

Nov 30, 2015, 1:34 PM

Lakip's forced fumble on kickoff return. Heck, give me a one-play mulligan and I'd change lots of losses into wins.

WL

Re: Anyone else hear Brian Kelly's post game presser....

Nov 30, 2015, 1:42 PM

He is a perfect fit for them as coach, and he does get my vote for the coach you would want to punch in the face the most now that old quitter is gone!

I don't think our fans realize exactly how others view...

Nov 30, 2015, 1:51 PM

his statement. We focus on the actual play which tied the game and see others thinking that ND would have gone ahead had they converted the two points.

Kelly's deception is that he chose to win the game by going for the two point conversion instead of settling for overtime with a one point kick and a tie in regulation.

He's presenting himself as one of the greats of the past 100 years. Tom Osborn comes to mind. This isn't about how good his team is it's about how bold and fearless he is.

If ND fans had any honestly within they'd consider that had their idiot of a coach not called for a two point conversion after an earlier touchdown and kicked the pat then they would have been within a PAT to tie at the end of regulation.

In essence, the moron leading their team played a great role in their loss instead of being their hero. IDIOTS DOMERS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HUH??

Nov 30, 2015, 2:41 PM

I must be reading that wrong.

You're not saying that ND would have tied by going for the PAT, and have won with the 2 point conversion are you? I hope not...Clemson won by 2. They needed the 2 point conversion to win it. A PAT would have been a loss by 1.

Re: HUH??

Nov 30, 2015, 2:42 PM

Ah, ok, nm...think I know what you are saying now. You're saying that's how Kelly is trying to present it. Gotcha.

Re: HUH??

Nov 30, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to HUH?? ]

also...meant "needed the 2 point conversion to TIE it"...my bad.

Hey Brian, you lost to Clemson and Stanford

Nov 30, 2015, 2:14 PM

do not give us any BS about 2 plays which is complete BS.... Football is played for 60 minutes and not one single team has ever won a game when they did not lead after a full 60 minutes had been completed. He needs a reality check, at no point did ND threaten to take a lead with our Tigers, wake up and smell the roses... YOU LOST, move on. Thank you, good day!!

Go Tigers!!

Also one play away from losing to UVA. One play...

Nov 30, 2015, 2:20 PM

away arguments hold no merit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Brian, you lost to Clemson and Stanford

Nov 30, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Hey Brian, you lost to Clemson and Stanford ]

Well he's not exactly wrong...

...if we consider these as the potential 2 plays:

IT ONLY RAINED ON THE ND SIDE OF THE FIELD!!!

Nov 30, 2015, 2:21 PM

amidoinitrite?

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: IT ONLY RAINED ON THE ND SIDE OF THE FIELD!!!

Nov 30, 2015, 2:26 PM

Correct.....and our wide receivers were on motorcycles. We do that at Death Valley. ;)

Actually that is a correct statement.

Nov 30, 2015, 3:17 PM

Anytime a team loses by six or fewer points, you can argue they were one play away from winning the game. Whether it was an offensive play that allowed the losing team to score a touchdown, or a defensive play that stopped one; if the final score differential is six or fewer points, the losing team was one play away from winning the game.
I will admit Kelly's unique spin is a bit aggravating as it seems to demean the Clemson victory, but his statement is correct.

Re: Anyone else hear Brian Kelly's post game presser....

Nov 30, 2015, 3:22 PM

Sounds like something Tommy Bowden would say.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic