Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody think it will take 13-0 to make the CFP this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Anybody think it will take 13-0 to make the CFP this year?

Sep 7, 2018, 7:43 PM

I am not sure we get the luxury of a loss this year. The game tomorrow is maybe the only one we could get away with, and I don’t expect to lose. An early, out of conference road loss could be overcome, but FSU and Louisville may not be. They are still dangerous, but not as highly thought of as in recent years. BC could be ranked when we play them; maybe GT has a good year, but there are not really any signature wins available.

We don’t play VT or Miami (until maybe ACCCG). I know...one game at a time, but anyone have thoughts on this? Down year for ACC could hurt us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody think it will take 13-0 to make the CFP this year?

Sep 7, 2018, 7:55 PM

No. As long as we win the ACC we are in. Plain and simple

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 8:20 PM

No, we will be able to absorb at least one loss and still make it. Clemson and Bama will get the benefit of the doubt this year.

Sep 7, 2018, 8:34 PM

Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, Washington, Penn State all may take a step back this year.

Sep 7, 2018, 10:28 PM

I know I'm going to be called a Coot for this, but our SOS is pretty bad. It concerns me enough that I rooting for USuCk vs UGA tomorrow. I think Bama and us will run the table.

UGA - schedule is too tough, but will represent the SEC lEAST in the champ. Lose to Bama.
OSU - tough schedule, think they drop one and will play Wisc in the B10 champ game. Winner of that game goes to the CFP.
OU - Big12 will start fast and blow up at the end like they do every year. WV has a good chance of taking the B12 too.
Wisc - Might be undefeated going into B10 champ... play OSU and winner goes to the CFP.
ND - this one worries me and is the reason why we have to run the table to make the CFP.

Bama, Clemson, ND, and winner of OSU/Wisc in the B10 champ game is my final four. If Clemson and ND are one loss, even with an ACCCG victory, I will be very worried about getting in depending on how the others in the SEC West finish up. We will get the benefit of the doubt with the committee, but another good one loss SEC West or B12 champ might bump us.

If we do what we do, we should run the table. The only team on our schedule that can beat us is Clemson, but our SOS is pretty soft which is why I'm hoping USC is undefeated or one loss when we crush them yet again in Nov.

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way too early....

Sep 7, 2018, 10:49 PM

Every year teams lose games. Usually there’s barely enough legit one-loss teams to put in the playoff. There was the big stick when Penn St. got left out...and they had 2 losses.
‘Hoping that USC goes undefeated’...not neccesary for us. There’s no universe where we need them to accomplish anything to help us.
Our schedule may not have top 5 opponents, but there are plenty of good solid teams...the types that will hover around the top 25 at different points in the season.
If we happen to drop 1 and win the ACCCG...we are in.

Chill out man

Sep 7, 2018, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody think it will take 13-0 to make the CFP this year? ]

Some team(s) other than Clemson will end up ranked in the ACC. Teams come of nowhere every season. This season will be no different

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 8, 2018, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Anybody think it will take 13-0 to make the CFP this year? ]

We’ve earned a high enough ranking to start the year that we can absorb a loss. I’ve never liked that it works that way but it is a reality. And we are getting that advantage (like Alabama) at the moment.

Maybe get in with 1 loss, but

Sep 7, 2018, 10:30 PM

Would prefer not to find out. Being in CFP 3 straight years, playing well, winning it all, consistently very top tier last few years will help us a lot. But this schedule is not gonna help us like the last few years. We should roll these teams. Every one of them. We need to whip some ### this year. Also, I think there will be pressure to include Big Ten after leaving them out last year. Don’t wanna get sacrificed. Committee has greased the skids more and more to use the “four best teams” mantra to basically justify doing whatever they like.

Not really, no.

Sep 7, 2018, 10:31 PM

Most likely 12-1 will be enough.

I think you’re spot on

Sep 7, 2018, 11:08 PM

Re: I think you’re spot on

Sep 7, 2018, 11:35 PM

It’s only week 2

Sep 8, 2018, 12:50 AM

I do. There are too many contenders and our schedule is weak.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 1:09 AM

One loss that cost us the acc championship? We're in trouble, but this game no.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic