Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody think Huggins could potentially become a 1st rounder
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Anybody think Huggins could potentially become a 1st rounder

May 12, 2018, 12:03 AM

If he has a breakout year? I know he’s 2nd string Dtackle but every time his number is called he seems to wreck havoc. May be a long shot but certainly a possibility. I’m sure NFL scouts are very familiar with Huggins

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody think Huggins could potentially become a 1st rounder

May 12, 2018, 1:41 AM

It's possible but I doubt it. More likely he ends up being a steal in the draft and makes some NFL team very happy (and ends up making a bunch of money on his 2nd contract).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2018, 1:43 AM

First round might be a stretch only because it's not a lock that the four starting DL all go in the first. Not all analysts agree and even if they did, they're not the ones making the picks. I think he'll get drafted for sure, make a team and play, just from what I saw last year and having five DL go in the draft in one year will resonate big time with recruits.

When Wilkins came back, I was thrilled but immediately winced for Huggins because I remember him ditching the coots for us at a time when they had bragging rights and the way he played in relief last year was not a big step down. He made things happen when was in.

May 12, 2018, 7:57 AM

No.

May 12, 2018, 8:22 AM

Agreed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

May 12, 2018, 8:07 AM

Huggins is likely getting picked on Day 2. I'd project him as a 3rd round pick as one of the top 10-15 DTs available. There were only 2 DTs drafted in Round 1 this year.

He gets a lot of snaps as a 2nd team guy so he's getting exposure and teams will know what they're getting. He's not a project and he should end up starting in the NFL after a few years. He is certainly better situated going into his final year of college than those DTs that decided to leave Clemson because they didn't want to play behind Big Dex and Christian Wilkins for another year.

May 12, 2018, 8:26 AM

Nobody knows. If Dex or Wilkins got hurt for an extended amount of time it's possible.

I kinda want to see us run some 5-2 defense when we are up big just to let him shine with the other first rounders.

May 12, 2018, 9:19 AM

Dont speak of such things

May 12, 2018, 10:13 AM

Coot!!!!

No

May 12, 2018, 10:18 AM

Not 1st rounder, but he should get drafted

May 12, 2018, 10:41 AM

I absolutely hope he does but I don’t see it. A big issue for him getting in the 1st next year is just the extreme amount of talent on the DL across college going in the draft next year.

I made a post a while back about it and titled it could next year be the most talented Dline class in history? It’s silly how many DL will be going in top few rounds.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic